Jump to content
fab

How can Madonna be considered the queen of pop when she is such a bad live performer?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

Well all Madonna could deliever was great visuals. i mean her singing wasnt exactly golden and while she CAN dance, it wasnt exactly groundbreaking as Michael's. And when did Whitney care more about dancing then singing? genuienly asking here oprah8

The Queen Of Touring (and the gp knows who I am talking about) is also THE greatest performer alive, at least inside the music world.

Madonna is the bridge between music and performance art of the past century. Her influence is way bigger than lip-synching couple-of-hits wonder MJ.

Your arguments are as boring as Britneys and Gagas fans essays. xtina14

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jjang said:

@Vesper I see where you're coming from, Britney's individual choreography is more packed than Madonna's and often times includes more body movements (Hips, back and forth movements, approach that displays more aggressiveness) but saying Madonna is not on Britney's column is a balant lie. It's just a matter of them being different types of performers, despite the vague similarities. And consequently focusing on different asepcts choreography - wise.

 

Literally just random videos that crossed my mind, but you get the point.

I don't know where Britney's roots go to as far dancing, but it seems to me that her background is more breakdance while Madonna's more classical. Their movement gives it away, they were trained for different purposes, but Britney's not on a higher level.

BJboi5h.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

The Queen Of Touring (and the gp knows who I am talking about) is also THE greatest performer alive, at least inside the music world.

Madonna is the bridge between music and performance art of the past century. Her influence is way bigger than lip-synching couple-of-hits wonder MJ.

Your arguments are as boring as Britneys and Gagas fans essays. xtina14

rih1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

The Queen Of Touring (and the gp knows who I am talking about) is also THE greatest performer alive, at least inside the music world.

Madonna is the bridge between music and performance art of the past century. Her influence is way bigger than lip-synching couple-of-hits wonder MJ.

Your arguments are as boring as Britneys and Gagas fans essays. xtina14

The exaggeration oh my gosh lmfao2

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, havok said:

She has had ok/good vocal moments throughout her career.

Then why did they lip-synch most of the time? In before the "heavy dancing" excuse. "Singers" that lip-synch most of the time are mediocre to me. oprah14

I'm not the one that kept arguing about something the other never even said and kept doing it even when confronted about it with factual evidence, but whatever helps you sleep at night. You ridiculed yourself as per usual but you will continue to pretend that you somehow "won". What's new? oprah14 

The irony of you saying this. nat2 

 

Factual evidence? eve1 stop, you’re going to kill me with laughter. eve1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jjang said:

@Vesper I see where you're coming from, Britney's individual choreography is more packed than Madonna's and often times includes more body movements (Hips, back and forth movements, approach that displays more aggressiveness) but saying Madonna is not on Britney's column is a balant lie. It's just a matter of them being different types of performers, despite the vague similarities. And consequently focusing on different asepcts choreography - wise.

 

Literally just random videos that crossed my mind, but you get the point.

I don't know where Britney's roots go to as far dancing, but it seems to me that her background is more breakdance while Madonna's more classical. Their movement gives it away, they were trained for different purposes, but Britney's not on a higher level.

Like I’ve said, I love Madonna and her performances, and she’s a great dancer especially compared to a lot of pop artists nowadays like Gaga, Taylor, Katy, etc. 

 

But Britney followed in the vein of Janet, who was arguably the best female pop dancer of our times. And in terms of choreography, I’ve mentioned that I agreed with shutuprae’s initial post showing that Britney / Janet’s dance style are much more complex, fast paced hip hop choreography. Madonna doesn’t really do that style, and in terms of difficulty Britney’s routines are some of the most difficult in pop music. Comparable artists in terms of difficulty of choreography and execution of said choreography would be Janet, Ciara, and JLO. Madonna is a versatile and well trained dancer, obviously, but to me based on the difficulty of choreography, she’s really not the same as the four dancing pop stars I mentioned. 

 

As for britney’s Background, I think she was trained as a child in hip hop / pop choreography, not breakdance. brit10 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But also I’d like to point out how @havok praises Madonna for being a professionally trained dancer, and “could probably have done” Britney’s routines if she wanted to, despite never having done comparably difficult routines before.... but calls Britney’s best dancing “unimpressive”, “overrated” “basic cheerleading” moves, despite her routines being some of the most difficult in female pop music, and having had praise for her dancing since her debut... xtina2 Is it just me or does someone really really really really hate Britney so much that they can’t even give her a compliment without malfunctioning? xtina2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The irony of you saying this. nat2 

Factual evidence? eve1 stop, you’re going to kill me with laughter. eve1 

Didn't I repeatedly tell/prove that I NEVER claimed Madonna's choreo was "more energetic" than Methney's cheerleading moves? Yet you kept ranting about that as if I did for MULTIPLE posts even after explicitly told otherwise, but sure I'm the one that ridiculed myself11!!1! The massive lack of self-awareness is truly cute and comical. nat1 

P.S. I can downvote too. The fact that you went on a down-voting spree just proves who really lost in here, stay pressed, xoxo. nat2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Like I’ve said, I love Madonna and her performances, and she’s a great dancer especially compared to a lot of pop artists nowadays like Gaga, Taylor, Katy, etc. 

 

But Britney followed in the vein of Janet, who was arguably the best female pop dancer of our times. And in terms of choreography, I’ve mentioned that I agreed with shutuprae’s initial post showing that Britney / Janet’s dance style are much more complex, fast paced hip hop choreography. Madonna doesn’t really do that style, and in terms of difficulty Britney’s routines are some of the most difficult in pop music. Comparable artists in terms of difficulty of choreography and execution of said choreography would be Janet, Ciara, and JLO. Madonna is a versatile and well trained dancer, obviously, but to me based on the difficulty of choreography, she’s really not the same as the four dancing pop stars I mentioned. 

 

As for britney’s Background, I think she was trained as a child in hip hop / pop choreography, not breakdance. brit10 

u r talking about robot choreo and stuff like that coz M has proved many times to have better RHYTHM IN HER VEINS that Britney/Jlo/Janet/Ciara.  As the above video receipts have demonstrated. mad3

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

u r talking about robot choreo and stuff like that coz M has proved many times to have better RHYTHM IN HER VEINS that Britney/Jlo/Janet/Ciara.  As the above video receipts have demonstrated. mad3

I don’t see no robots here:

 

Madonna’s dancing in those videos was cute, but the choreography was simple compared to what Britney and Janet JLO were doing here. nat1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, havok said:

Didn't I repeatedly tell/prove that I NEVER claimed Madonna's choreo was "more energetic" than Methney's cheerleading moves? Yet you kept ranting about that as if I did for MULTIPLE posts even after explicitly told otherwise, but sure I'm the one that ridiculed myself11!!1! The massive lack of self-awareness is truly cute and comical. nat1 

P.S. I can downvote too. The fact that you went on a down-voting spree just proves who really lost in here, stay pressed, xoxo. nat2 

My “ranting”, as you so put it, was not based on your proof of not saying Madonna had more energetic choreo, but on your complete and utter idiocy in assuming I said Britney was a better performer than Madonna because I said Britney was a better dancer than Madonna. I was originally posting to ShutupRae and Simon, on a point that I backed up with evidence, and you jumped in with an inane attempt at a drag to only continue down your spiral further and further as you typically do. 

BUT THEN You then proceeded to trash britney’s dancing with excuse after excuse: “omg I’m not impressed so it must be bad!!1!” “Omg she can’t dance now so nothing she did mattered!1!” “Omg madonna is a trained dancer she probably could have done what Britney did ?!1!” mad4 If britney’s Dancing was so unimpressive and terrible then why didn’t Madonna, as the greatest performer alive who is a professional dancer who could do better than britney, not do a single choreographed set that was more difficult than Britney’s multiple choreographies during her prime? nat1 Do I really have to spell out your mistake for you to understand your idiocy? eve1 

 

Please selig, you know you will never win vs. me because you’re too stupid to realize you’re getting played every time. It’s too easy to get a reaction out of someone so predictably dumb and blind. eve1 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

My “ranting”, as you so put it, was not based on your proof of not saying Madonna had more energetic choreo, but on your complete and utter idiocy in assuming I said Britney was a better performer than Madonna because I said Britney was a better dancer than Madonna. Do I really have to spell out your mistake for you to understand your idiocy? eve1 You then proceeded to trash britney’s dancing with excuse after excuse: “omg I’m not impressed so it must be bad!!1!” “Omg she can’t dance now so nothing she did mattered!1!” “Omg madonna is a trained dancer she probably could have done what Britney did ?!1!” mad4 

Please selig, you know you will never win vs. me because you’re too stupid to realize you’re getting played every time. It’s too easy to get a reaction out of someone so predictably dumb and blind. eve1 

Aren't you tired of repeating yourself over and over? if you're too stubborn to stop then at least be a little creative. Or is your obsession with having the last word and "winning" that big? Imagine being that pathetic! nat1 This only proves that I truly did a number on you and all the times I have dragged that excuse of a human you worship has literally traumatized you, all of that while the drug addict is not even aware of your lame existence. That is sad, it's never that serious dude. These bitches are enjoying their rich life and here you are hyperventilating because someone doesn't share your opinion on your fave, kii. mad7

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

But does Madonna lip-synch alot? Im not saying thats horrible, sometimes you need to. And yes that heavy dancing is what takes up most of their energy so they dont have that kind of time to actually sing the songs.

No. She actually doesn’t lip synch, except for 1 or 2 songs that have heavy dance routine (usually Vogue). 

Other than she never does it unlike Michael who literally lip synched most of his post Bad Tour performances.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, havok said:

Aren't you tired of repeating yourself over and over? if you're too stubborn to stop then at least be a little creative. Or is your obsession with having the last word and "winning" that big? Imagine being that pathetic! nat1 This only proves that I truly did a number on you and all the times I have dragged that excuse of a human you worship has literally traumatized you, all of that while the drug addict is not even aware of your lame existence. That is sad, it's never that serious dude. These bitches are enjoying their rich life and here you are hyperventilating because someone doesn't share your opinion on your fave, kii. mad7

Pot meet kettle: you calling me stubborn when you literally have shown zero capacity of change or acknowledgement of your mistakes despite evidence. mad4 you saying I’m repeating myself when you’ve done it this entire thread. mad4 you saying I need to have the last word when you literally always respond to any post despite having said “bye” multiple times. mad4 you saying “it’s not that serious” whilst you spend your days trashing Britney on an online forum. mad4 I’m here for my entertainment, seeing you flail about trying to defend your mistakes is hilarious and a good break from work. I’m not the one online attacking a woman you’ve never met and that you will never reach in terms of any valuable life measurements (fortune, fame, talent, legacy...), calling her methney and vegetable and what have you. brit5

 

 I rarely drag artists on here because I respect almost all of them, you see how I didn’t even drag Madonna in this thread? nat2 I’m merely the one online tearing dunning-Kruger babies a new one for fun, you know, people who tries to drag, fails and makes mistakes, then can’t seem to accept that they were wrong and makes a fool out of themselves trying every trick in the book to make themselves “winning”. nat2 I see you hunty. nat2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The greatest pop artists of all time all have phenomenal performance skills and their iconic live performances are one of the main reason why they are considered legends in pop music     Exc

In terms of delusion, you are starting to give a certain Mariah fan a run for his money. You literally haven’t even seen most of her live concerts, so please have several seats.

Watch the Girlie Show tour and then we can talk


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×