Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Anti-semitic migrants will be deported in Germany

Germany's ruling parties are beefing up legislation to make it easier to deport antisemitic migrants. 

The draft bill being proposed by Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU-CSU conservative alliance calls for the "absolute acceptance of Jewish life" to be considered a "benchmark" for migrants integrating into society.

It also stipulates that "those who refuse Jewish life in Germany or question the right of existence of Israel cannot have a place in our country", according to Die Welt.

The German newspaper also reported that the new rules will be proposed before Holocaust memorial day on 27 January.

Stephan Harbarth, deputy chairman of the CDU-CSU parliamentary group,said: "We must resolutely oppose the antisemitic of migrants with an Arab background and from African countries."

In December, a study commissioned by the American Jewish Committee's Ramer Institute for German-Jewish Relations in Berlin found that antisemitic among Muslim refugees was "rampant" and required urgent attention. 

The study, based on interviews with 68 refugees, also found that refugees from persecuted minority communities were more likely to take a stand against antisemitism for Israel, according to The Times of Israel.

While deportation orders will still have to comply with policy set by the German government in 2016, migrants found guilty of antisemitic hate speech would be removed from the country under the new law. 

It was even suggested by interior minister Thomas de Maiziere that Germany should appoint an antisemitism commissioner to counter growing hate speech against Israel and the country's own Jewish community. 

"Every criminal act motivated by antisemitism is one too many and a shame for our country", he told the Bild am Sonntag newspaper.

President of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier said he was "shocked and shamed" by the protests, adding that rejection of antisemitism was a "non-negotiable" condition for living in Germany.

And Heiko Maas, the acting justice minister, said antisemitism was an "attack on everyone" and can't be "allowed to have a place [in society] again". 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-deport-antisemitic-migrants-angela-merkel-jewish-cdu-csu-new-laws-latest-a8146401.html

13 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

I didn't know questioning the existence of israel makes you anti-semitic.  

Also arabs are semites, so... am i missing something? 

in the demonstrations they were screaming anti-semitic stuff which goes beyond questioning Israels right to exist. 

And your second part the definition of anti-semitism is the hatred against Jews. The fact that arabs are semitic as well doesn't mean that they can't be anti-semitic. 

8 minutes ago, Simón. said:

in the demonstrations they were screaming anti-semitic stuff which goes beyond questioning Israels right to exist. 

And your second part the definition of anti-semitism is the hatred against Jews. The fact that arabs are semitic as well doesn't mean that they can't be anti-semitic. 

I know... i'm asking this because i know there are actual jewish ppl who are against the existence of israel... so, going by the OP, what does that make them?  anti-semitic jews? dead1

this topic is messy as hell. Germany seems messy.

dGCLxgq.gif

5 minutes ago, BEAUX said:

I know... i'm asking this because i know there are actual jewish ppl who are against the existence of israel... so, going by the OP, what does that make them?  anti-semitic jews? dead1

this topic is messy as hell. Germany seems messy.

dGCLxgq.gif

Of all countries in the world Germany is by far one of the less messiest countries. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.