FOTP

What’s the demographic of pop music listeners ?

Effie white    387

sorry1I heard someone say on this website that black people only listen to hip hop so I want to know the demographic of pop music listeners.

@m****nw****n said this but I blocked his name because I want to keep his identity anonymous, I just thought his comment was interesting.

fab    16,561

I think it depends on the artist. For example, Madonna's demographic probably looks roughly like this: 

gvdb1fsugeoalbusiqnuia.gif

#Music    27,763
2 hours ago, fab said:

I think it depends on the artist. For example, Madonna's demographic probably looks roughly like this: 

GOOD FUCKING BYE lmfao1

*Starlight*    13,144

Well straight people arent here for pop, mainly pop girls and since they are the dominate music consumers whatever they deem popular is what tops the charts, especially with the rules changing so often in the last three years

Salvatore    4,628

Do you make a thread every time someone says something that gets you pressed? sorry1 I thought you were going to have your BG access removed?

What's really interesting is the fact that you even failed to properly copy the name of said person. lmfao2 If you wanna use someone's actual name on here, at least make sure you do it correctly: 

@m***nw******g

Kyoteki    112,944

It depends on your location. Example, Hip Hop and Country is dominant in the south, while West of the US is more “Pop” and “Alternative”

And places where Hip Hop sarted off, like New York, Chicago, ATL, etc are Hip Hop Dominant. It depends where u are from. 

petedagrk    4,103
12 minutes ago, ScatsusGifsallah said:

Since black people listen to only R&b and Hip hop, it’s only logical that white people listen to pop. M*****w***n is a dum kunt

That is stupid

Merryem    4,388
5 hours ago, fab said:

I CHOKED lmfao2 

petedagrk    4,103
5 hours ago, fab said:

fall1 i hope u sleep with a knife under ur pillow the fossils r out to get u

petedagrk    4,103
2 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

Well straight people arent here for pop, mainly pop girls and since they are the dominate music consumers whatever they deem popular is what tops the charts, especially with the rules changing so often in the last three years

Alot of str8 people like pop jj2

Infrared    106,436
6 hours ago, fab said:

bitch carla1

Brinty    3,545
6 hours ago, Effie white said:

sorry1I heard someone say on this website that black people only listen to hip hop so I want to know the demographic of pop music listeners.

60% gay men 30% women

10% straight men 

This is what I think

Pennywise    4,882
4 hours ago, petedagrk said:

fall1 i hope u sleep with a knife under ur pillow the fossils r out to get u

Get him for a cheap and basic 2011 joke? We pay attention to stans who their fave had success for over a year fall9

Salvatore    4,628

Looking at the Billboard Charts:

Straight, white:

- Male (Hip hop, rap, R&B, country, house, tropical house, indie)

- Female (POP, Indie, R&B, Tropical House, Hip Hop, Country)

Gay, white:

- Male (Pop, R&B, Tropical House, Dance, Female Rap, Indie)

- Female (?)

Straight, black:

- Male (Hip hop, Rap, R&B, House)

- Female (R&B, Hip hop, Indie, House)

Gay, black:

- Male (R&B, Female Rap, Pop, Tropical House, Dance, Indie)

- Female (?)

Black people, overall are less enthusiastic about white artists, especially if those artists make hip hop or RnB music. That’s simply a fact...look at Iggy Azalea or Post Malone. Do you honestly believe a black person who feels very strongly about their race, especially in these times would choose one of them over a lot of much better black artists? Most likely not. This is definitely a factor that plays a role. Black people are not particularly here for a lot of white artists because black artists are known for being extremely talented vocalists and musicians. They’ve always been...

White people embrace black artists more than black artists embrace white artists. There are a few POC artists that enjoy universal appeal: Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar...that’s why they are so successful. They are equally embraced by POC and white people.

The last three years or so, pop has become increasingly unpopular. I believe that is also because people want more politically charged and meaningful music to reflect their current state of mind. The racial tensions, the BLM movement, the rise of populism and right-wing ideology...pop musicians haven’t been dealing with any of that in their music but A LOT of black artists have. Embracing the beauty of blackness as Solange, Beyoncé and SZA did with their music and videos...Female empowerment...all that stuff.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.