Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Frozen

What’s the demographic of pop music listeners ?

sorry1I heard someone say on this website that black people only listen to hip hop so I want to know the demographic of pop music listeners.

@m****nw****n said this but I blocked his name because I want to keep his identity anonymous, I just thought his comment was interesting.

Well straight people arent here for pop, mainly pop girls and since they are the dominate music consumers whatever they deem popular is what tops the charts, especially with the rules changing so often in the last three years

Do you make a thread every time someone says something that gets you pressed? sorry1 I thought you were going to have your BG access removed?

What's really interesting is the fact that you even failed to properly copy the name of said person. lmfao2 If you wanna use someone's actual name on here, at least make sure you do it correctly: 

@m***nw******g

It depends on your location. Example, Hip Hop and Country is dominant in the south, while West of the US is more “Pop” and “Alternative”

And places where Hip Hop sarted off, like New York, Chicago, ATL, etc are Hip Hop Dominant. It depends where u are from. 

6 hours ago, Effie white said:

sorry1I heard someone say on this website that black people only listen to hip hop so I want to know the demographic of pop music listeners.

60% gay men 30% women

10% straight men 

This is what I think

4 hours ago, petedagrk said:

fall1 i hope u sleep with a knife under ur pillow the fossils r out to get u

Get him for a cheap and basic 2011 joke? We pay attention to stans who their fave had success for over a year fall9

Looking at the Billboard Charts:

Straight, white:

- Male (Hip hop, rap, R&B, country, house, tropical house, indie)

- Female (POP, Indie, R&B, Tropical House, Hip Hop, Country)

Gay, white:

- Male (Pop, R&B, Tropical House, Dance, Female Rap, Indie)

- Female (?)

Straight, black:

- Male (Hip hop, Rap, R&B, House)

- Female (R&B, Hip hop, Indie, House)

Gay, black:

- Male (R&B, Female Rap, Pop, Tropical House, Dance, Indie)

- Female (?)

Black people, overall are less enthusiastic about white artists, especially if those artists make hip hop or RnB music. That’s simply a fact...look at Iggy Azalea or Post Malone. Do you honestly believe a black person who feels very strongly about their race, especially in these times would choose one of them over a lot of much better black artists? Most likely not. This is definitely a factor that plays a role. Black people are not particularly here for a lot of white artists because black artists are known for being extremely talented vocalists and musicians. They’ve always been...

White people embrace black artists more than black artists embrace white artists. There are a few POC artists that enjoy universal appeal: Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar...that’s why they are so successful. They are equally embraced by POC and white people.

The last three years or so, pop has become increasingly unpopular. I believe that is also because people want more politically charged and meaningful music to reflect their current state of mind. The racial tensions, the BLM movement, the rise of populism and right-wing ideology...pop musicians haven’t been dealing with any of that in their music but A LOT of black artists have. Embracing the beauty of blackness as Solange, Beyoncé and SZA did with their music and videos...Female empowerment...all that stuff.

2 hours ago, Salvatore said:

Looking at the Billboard Charts:

Straight, white:

- Male (Hip hop, rap, R&B, country, house, tropical house, indie)

- Female (POP, Indie, R&B, Tropical House, Hip Hop, Country)

Gay, white:

- Male (Pop, R&B, Tropical House, Dance, Female Rap, Indie)

- Female (?)

Straight, black:

- Male (Hip hop, Rap, R&B, House)

- Female (R&B, Hip hop, Indie, House)

Gay, black:

- Male (R&B, Female Rap, Pop, Tropical House, Dance, Indie)

- Female (?)

Black people, overall are less enthusiastic about white artists, especially if those artists make hip hop or RnB music. That’s simply a fact...look at Iggy Azalea or Post Malone. Do you honestly believe a black person who feels very strongly about their race, especially in these times would choose one of them over a lot of much better black artists? Most likely not. This is definitely a factor that plays a role. Black people are not particularly here for a lot of white artists because black artists are known for being extremely talented vocalists and musicians. They’ve always been...

White people embrace black artists more than black artists embrace white artists. There are a few POC artists that enjoy universal appeal: Rihanna, Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar...that’s why they are so successful. They are equally embraced by POC and white people.

The last three years or so, pop has become increasingly unpopular. I believe that is also because people want more politically charged and meaningful music to reflect their current state of mind. The racial tensions, the BLM movement, the rise of populism and right-wing ideology...pop musicians haven’t been dealing with any of that in their music but A LOT of black artists have. Embracing the beauty of blackness as Solange, Beyoncé and SZA did with their music and videos...Female empowerment...all that stuff.

1. Post malone just had a number 1 on bilboard hot 100 with 21 savage.

2. Proof ? You don’t even live in a country where black people are 1 percent ?

3. You just said white people embrace “poc” artist and then named 3 sit down. Do you know how many white rappers are popular and get hits in hot 100 ?

4. That’s actually not even true, name a rapper that got political in his music, a young new one.  You keep saying ALOT and then only naming 3 artist. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you have no proof or FACTS. You’re not even black so I don’t know how you came to the conclusion on how black people feel 

black people don’t only listen to hip hop music, the main consumer of hip hop is white male  teenagers. Straight black males listen to female artist so I don’t know how you came to the conclusion that they don’t

9 minutes ago, Effie white said:

1. Post malone just had a number 1 on bilboard hot 100 with 21 savage.

3. You just said white people embrace “poc” artist and then named 3 sit down. Do you know how many white rappers are popular and get hits in hot 100 ?

4. That’s actually not even true, name a rapper that got political in his music, a young new one.  You keep saying ALOT and then only naming 3 artist. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you have no proof or FACTS. You’re not even black so I don’t know how you came to the conclusion on how black people feel 

black people don’t only listen to hip hop music, the main consumer of hip hop is white male  teenagers. Straight black males listen to female artist so I don’t know how you came to the conclusion that they don’t

Are you gonna deny that R&B and Hip Hop are currently the dominating genres?

I mean obviously Post Malone and Iggy will do well considering that the majority of the US is white. jj4 Are you gonna deny that Iggy and Post Malone were not being hated on for being white rappers? What about Eminem? Is he as respected by black people as Kendrick Lamar and ASAP Rocky are by white teens? 

I used to live in the US, mind you? I went to a school that was culturally diverse and the majority of white girls were stanning Katy Perry. oprah14 The gay kids (including me) and gay teachers were stanning Gaga. oprah14 The black kids were listening to Nicki Minaj, Drake and Wale....I mean...The male white kids were listening to a lot of hip hop unless they were Republicans. They would listen to Country then. I mean...it's not racist to observe what kind of demographic prefers what type of music. It's what music and market analysts do all the time.

As a matter of fact, the precarious situation in the states, the increasing radicalization and divide between left-wing and right-wing and white and black is very much reflected in the charts.

23 minutes ago, Effie white said:

It's actually 2-3% depending on the source. Only came here to say this! oprah14

25 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Are you gonna deny that R&B and Hip Hop are currently the dominating genres?

I mean obviously Post Malone and Iggy will do well considering that the majority of the US is white. jj4 Are you gonna deny that Iggy and Post Malone were not being hated on for being white rappers? What about Eminem? Is he as respected by black people as Kendrick Lamar and ASAP Rocky are by white teens? 

I used to live in the US, mind you? I went to a school that was culturally diverse and the majority of white girls were stanning Katy Perry. oprah14 The gay kids (including me) and gay teachers were stanning Gaga. oprah14 The black kids were listening to Nicki Minaj, Drake and Wale....I mean...The male white kids were listening to a lot of hip hop unless they were Republicans. They would listen to Country then. I mean...it's not racist to observe what kind of demographic prefers what type of music. It's what music and market analysts do all the time.

As a matter of fact, the precarious situation in the states, the increasing radicalization and divide between left-wing and right-wing and white and black is very much reflected in the charts.

Iggy actually doesn’t do well maybe in some third world countries her songs go top 20 but  not in America. Post Malone has been doing well for awhile ever since white iverson, just because some black people don’t like him doesn’t me all black have a hate for him. If that was the case, hip hop radio stations wouldn’t be playing his songs and he wouldn’t be invited to perform at hip hop shows. You do realize that being black and gay is a thing right ? You also realize that for whatever reason, Eminem used to be respected in the black community right ? Oh wait you’re not black so you wouldn’t know. And who the fuck is listening to WALE EVER ? He had one song that was popular, that right there makes your whole argument weak and it’s clear you don’t know what you’re talking and you have no stats to back you up. Just pure stereotypes. You said borderline racist things on this site including that black people don’t listen to white artist which is completely untrue. What chart are you speaking of because I would love to know ?

Also everybody and there momma listen to drake and Nicki Minaj, white or black so sounds like a racist right now thinking that people only listen to music that their race makes. Drake is black and white btw 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.