Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

80% of Russians consider gay sex ‘reprehensible’

More than 80% of Russians consider gay sex ‘reprehensible’, according to a new poll.

New research has revealed how how a vast majority of Russian people are against homosexuality, with little to no distinction between younger and older generations.

This is a massive spike in anti-LGBTI intolerance in the past two decades.

Only 8% of the 1,600 people polled in Russia’s urban and rural areas did not object to gay sex.

To compare, only 68% of people are opposed to cheating on your partner.

A previous survey, in 1998, found 68% of Russians were opposed to gay sex.

‘Our reports confirms the fact the level of homophobia and level of violence against LGBT people is growing in Russia,’ a spokesperson for the Russian LGBT Network told Gay Star News.

‘I do not believe that the Russian society is homophobic by its nature – it is exactly the work of the state-sponsored propaganda.

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/russians-gay-sex-reprehensible/#gs.Nm3_J5E

1 minute ago, Simón. said:

So why is Lorde not cancelling her tour there oprah14

you don't need to cancel a tour to promote gay rights. Take a look at madonna. she performed there and used that occasion to break the homophobic russian law and deliver a powerful speech (altho some of her fans were arrested after the concert).

1 minute ago, The One Below All said:

you don't need to cancel a tour to promote gay rights. Take a look at madonna. she performed there and used that occasion to break the homophobic russian law and deliver a powerful speech (altho some of her fans were arrested after the concert).

I was being sarcastic to point out hypocrisy and we both know the woke queen Lorde won't say anything

no it's not, check your fact carefully mate. Israel government is criminal and must be punished. Moreover gay marriage is illegal in Israel too, you know.oprah14

Gay marriage is recognized in Israel though and Tel Aviv pride is dope oprah14 let’s stop here before we get wp‘s 

3 hours ago, Simón. said:

Gay marriage is recognized in Israel though and Tel Aviv pride is dope oprah14 let’s stop here before we get wp‘s 

I've never been there but that's what I got from Wikipedia

Same-sex marriage is not legal in Israel

Anyway, the main reason why gay are discriminated is due to religion. Many Jewish and Christians are very intolerant about this topic. I think the first to speak in support of gay rights should be religious public figures indeed. Only they can destroy the prejudice I think.  Once that it's done, then the legislation will follow. Let's keep in mind that Russia is an Orthodox country, so I'm really not surprised by this poll. I bet in all conservative religious countries you could get similar results.

46 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

poor Lorde, at least she spoke against somethingNowadays everyone seems so scared to get political. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5394715

Which i believe is for the best. There are variety of things to write/record about that dont involve politics. 

Anyways to answer the OP, Russia can rot.

Just now, *Starlight* said:

Which i believe is for the best. There are variety of things to write/record about that dont involve politics. 

Anyways to answer the OP, Russia can rot.

but to never write/sing about politics is weird for me since your life is constantly affected by political decisions.

Moreover I believe that one of the tasks of an artists (and singers are artists too) is to awake the consciousness of people, and I don't see nothing wrong to awake political/social awareness.

but to never write/sing about politics is weird for me since your life is constantly affected by political decisions.

Moreover I believe that one of the tasks of an artists (and singers are artists too) is to awake the consciousness of people, and I don't see nothing wrong to awake political/social awareness.

i cant argue with you there but I mean i want to be a singer/artist when i am older and i dont plan on going too deep in the political conversation as frankly i dont see ut making much of a difference. madonna and prince have been doing it for years yet here we are in 2018 with the mess of the government here in the USA.

1 minute ago, *Starlight* said:

i cant argue with you there but I mean i want to be a singer/artist when i am older and i dont plan on going too deep in the political conversation as frankly i dont see ut making much of a difference. madonna and prince have been doing it for years yet here we are in 2018 with the mess of the government here in the USA.

I totally agree. I think the power of an artist is to express  his/her soul, so each artists should talk only about stuff that deeply concern him/her. None should be forced to talk about politics, but in my opinion tho, at one point its natural to look around you and start denouncing the shit going on coz we are humans and it's natural to be worried about the future of our species.

I totally agree. I think the power of an artist is to express  his/her soul, so each artists should talk only about stuff that deeply concern him/her. None should be forced to talk about politics, but in my opinion tho, at one point its natural to look around you and start denouncing the shit going on coz we are humans and it's natural to be worried about the future of our species.

Tea. i mean look it here; homophobia is not going to die in ten years and so when i get a platform, it would be wise and creative yet socially mindful to discuss that and REALLY discuss it as a gay(well technically bi, but we all know i love guys juts a bit more) man in the world, and especially America.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.