Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Philip

Let's talk J.Lo

8 hours ago, Philip said:

Clock me about the albums, and no, they all sold similar number of albums oprah14 

She was 36 in 2005, no wonder her music career started declining, yet she still managed to stay successful and relevant after that oprah14 

OTF still sold more than any Beyonce/Britney/Xtina digital single (lead) oprah14 so stop acting like it's not an impressive feat ny12 

This is undeniable tea but sis, she hasn't been seen in the top 10 of the charts since I'm Into You (UK) or On The Floor (US)

10 hours ago, Philip said:

"she's never been a prominent figure in any industry" orangu1 like sis.... orangu1 bye.

she sold over 80 million records and grossed almost 3bn at the box office "never been prominent" bye orangu1 

She's not a Madonna and she's not a Meryl. Hell, she's not even a Britney or a Scarlet Johansson. You're the one that needs to stop, I never said she didn't find some success but she's always been mediocre in both industries, the only thing she has excelled at is at building a powerful brand as a celebrity. oprah14

On 16/1/2018 at 11:42 AM, petedagrk said:

give her some credit

I did, I said she's a great dancer, skilled performer and has made an excellent job at building a powerful brand. But as a musical act and a movie star she's not all that at all. She's mediocre in both industries. oprah14

18 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I just know she's popular in Latin countries.

She actually isn't. As a celebrity? sure, but not as a singer. Her music has never been popular in Latin America except for OTF. oprah14

1 minute ago, petedagrk said:

because Top 10 is the only thing that matters when its been run by hip hop lately?

jj4 J.Lo featured a Hip Hop and/or Rap act on almost all of her releases since 2011, and plenty before then, so yes, yes it matters. 

On 17/01/2018 at 8:01 AM, Philip said:

Clock me about the albums, and no, they all sold similar number of albums oprah14 

She was 36 in 2005, no wonder her music career started declining, yet she still managed to stay successful and relevant after that oprah14 

OTF still sold more than any Beyonce/Britney/Xtina digital single (lead) oprah14 so stop acting like it's not an impressive feat ny12 

she's not far behind but she also has more albums than Rih and Beyoncé and she has more flops than bops oprah14 

I never said it wasn't impressive i'm just saying she never managed to come close to that success again, OTF is bigger than most of her other hits combined while Britney, Xtina and Bey have modern classics in their discography and have several singles that are pretty equal in terms of success oprah14 

I have a love, hate relationship with her music.

She is actually one of the few stars that can still dance and sing live... which is admirable BUT her music. Every time I try to give her albums a full listen I end up getting bored with her. She should really work with better writers & producers. I do like few of her singles but overall her discography is so-so.

She can thank all her voice roles in animated films for about 2/3rds of that $3b box office. I would not put that figure on her star power.

She's never been a huge box office draw.

3 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

She is obviously not the best singer/dancer/actor out there but she almost always gives her all and works her ass off

She deserves everything she gets.

But she's one of the best dancers, and that's a fact oprah14 and one of the best performers too oprah14

but agreed about the rest lj1 

14 minutes ago, I- said:

But she's one of the best dancers, and that's a fact oprah14 and one of the best performers too oprah14

but agreed about the rest lj1 

She is not a better than dancer Janet, Beyonce or prime Britney etc. but that doesn't even matter.

Having minimal talent and doing the most with it >>>>> Being extremely talented but fucking it up with laziness.

Hard work always wins (which is something Jlo excels at)

19 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

She is not a better than dancer Janet, Beyonce or prime Britney etc. but that doesn't even matter.

Having minimal talent and doing the most with it >>>>> Being extremely talented but fucking it up with laziness.

Hard work always wins (which is something Jlo excels at)

She's a miles better dancer than Britney/Beyonce ever were lmfao2 

J.Lo is a better dancer/actress than Beyonce, but I don't see you writing:

"well Beyonce is not the best singer/dancer/actress..." etc eve1 

I can't believe that after everything she has done people are still undermining J.Lo's talent when she's miles above most of y'alls faves, overall eve1 

35 minutes ago, I- said:

She's a miles better dancer than Britney/Beyonce ever were lmfao2 

J.Lo is a better dancer/actress than Beyonce, but I don't see you writing:

"well Beyonce is not the best singer/dancer/actress..." etc eve1 

I can't believe that after everything she has done people are still undermining J.Lo's talent when she's miles above most of y'alls faves, overall eve1 

If Madonna, Janet, Mariah, etc are not safe from getting dragged. Then jlo's career is not safe either rav2. But jlo has a great career regardless, and none of the pop girls of this decade have a career like her. And by that i mean being somebody that achieved success in music, acting and created a powerful brand. None of the pop girls today have done something like that.

20 minutes ago, light741 said:

If Madonna, Janet, Mariah, etc are not safe from getting dragged. Then jlo's career is not safe either rav2. But jlo has a great career regardless, and none of the pop girls of this decade have a career like her. And by that i mean being somebody that achieved success in music, acting and created a powerful brand. None of the pop girls today have done something like that.

Of course not, but the fact that people are still coming for J.Lo's talents and skills is so stupid um2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.