Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Katy : I'd rather be real than relevant

16 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

really? coz I like her and lowkey stan her but this era was kinda irrelevant compared to previous ones and to me she tried too much to show her "human side" to the public.

try-hard =/= being real.

I think Witness really had the potential being her best album. For me, it's like a matured Teenage Dream, but now she is more aware of her surroundings. Most of the production isn't as boring like on Teenage Dream (minus E.T/Circle The Drain) or Prism (minus Legendary Lovers, Love Me and Spiritual). The concept behind everything going in circles (Witness/Roulette/CTTR/MindMaze/Pendulum/Deja Vu) and trying to break free of it is something she should have focused more, the tracklist was a bit messy, so it all seemed randomly placed. But if you order it in a new way and cut some songs, as the tracklist was too long (Miss You More, Into Me You See, Bigger Than Me as Deluxe or Bonus online tracks), you have her most thought out and focused  work. She still showed off Teenage Dream Katy with Boner Petit (Peacock says hello) and if H3y had a bit more of a Pop-Rock production we'd have a great One of The Boys throwback.

34 minutes ago, Sylk said:

I'm just playing lol2 She's obviously referring to how people follow trends to stay relevant, and she chooses being real above all! We love everybody wub1 

yeah cause when woke pop didn't work, she hopped on a song with migos rip2 

8 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

I think Witness really had the potential being her best album. For me, it's like a matured Teenage Dream, but now she is more aware of her surroundings. Most of the production isn't as boring like on Teenage Dream (minus E.T/Circle The Drain) or Prism (minus Legendary Lovers, Love Me and Spiritual). The concept behind everything going in circles (Witness/Roulette/CTTR/MindMaze/Pendulum/Deja Vu) and trying to break free of it is something she should have focused more, the tracklist was a bit messy, so it all seemed randomly placed. But if you order it in a new way and cut some songs, as the tracklist was too long (Miss You More, Into Me You See, Bigger Than Me as Deluxe or Bonus online tracks), you have her most thought out and focused  work. She still showed off Teenage Dream Katy with Boner Petit (Peacock says hello) and if H3y had a bit more of a Pop-Rock production we'd have a great One of The Boys throwback.

I do like Witness too: it's full of bops tea2

but she failed hard to reinvent her artistic image +  the backlash .= ???

1 minute ago, The One Below All said:

I do like Witness too: it's full of bops tea2

but she failed hard to reinvent her artistic image +  the backlash .= ???

try to listen to the 10-track version tea2

Spoiler

yes, it actually has the perfect bops that make it hard to believe people started disliking her. But it's all about the marketing, which sadly failed in some parts. @Infrared CTTR actually did well! It was a huge top 10 hit overall and received massive plays in Europe. Even Russia decided to stan. Idk why the hell Migos had to be on Bon Apple Tea, a Lady Gaga collab would have been epic. The video is great, though. Instead of hopping the Taylor Swift beef, she should have just ignored the drama and release POWER or Roulette instead. Then again, Power or Roulette and close the era with a beautiful Witness video. For fans, a metaphorical video for Mind Maze or mermaid themed video for Tsunami would have been great as well

37 minutes ago, Infrared said:

both Katy and Gaga are 30+ oprah14

retiring nonetheless oprah14 can’t wait to see what audience she panders to next rip1 

had she said “relevant” y’all would jump on her for being inauthentic 

2 hours ago, The One Below All said:

lol she's real like the square root of -1 lmfao2

2 hours ago, Sylk said:

@katy perry so you agree? you think you're irrelevant ?

Image result for so you agree meme

These are legit my fave shades of the week dead4 

Also how quickly she went from saying she'd unstan herself if she flopped, to making excuses by implying that her alleged "realness" is what really matters wendy3 

36 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

Also how quickly she went from saying she'd unstan herself if she flopped, to making excuses by implying that her alleged "realness" is what really matters wendy3 

She was trolling. Do you understand what a joke is? 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.