Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Can Gaga get a hit after Lost Relevance?

Celine

Mariah

Shania

Britney

All of these gorls disappeared into the desert and never came back, and now Gaga is cementing her no1curr status by setting up her cheap cabaret act in Las Vegas. 

Can she break the trend and have a hit again? Who will be next? Will Katy be Waking Up In Vegas.mp3 next era?

5 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

Celine is still outgrossing almost all our faves today.

Mariah has had success since 2015 and so has Britney and Shania. Your argument is kind of invalid 

With anything other than AIWFCIY, though? oprah14 

10 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

Mariah has had success since 2015 and so has Britney and Shania. Your argument is kind of invalid 

To be fair, all of the artist the OP listed haven't really had chart/radio success since they started their residencies. They all have done very well in Vegas, though. It's just sort of trading one type of success for another.

But to answer the question, I think Gaga can keep herself relevant with new releases down the road. She is only 9/10 years into her career and will be the youngest pop act in Vegas. I think if she releases a good album with good promotion, she can still remain "relevant" – however you want that to mean. I think she will do well in Vegas, but honestly, settling with a residency puts her energy into one area. It could do her in, tbh.

Off topic, but I'm surprised she's seemingly focused on shows. Especially since she has physical ailments, right? Shouldn't she rest and focus instead on writing & singing?

13 hours ago, *Starlight* said:

Where had britknee success 

I mean, the only example of a successful comeback (like, an actual comeback from a complete abyss) I know are The B-52's. Their 2 biggest hits were basically 10 years apart: "Rock Lobster", which was released in 1979, and then "Love Shack" in 1989. As long as she actually puts effort into the quality of her music, which anybody could vibe to, she'll always have a chance.

24 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

You are right rav1 It didn't charted in US or UK but in Bahrain, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan was a big hit rav1 

Funny how some fossils like to use them small countries to show Madge's success in Asia tho rav1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.