Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Can Gaga get a hit after Lost Relevance?

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

1/2-count full spins in overprotected remix, + full 180 splits. Super fast sharp movements for MATM. Slave 4 U final verse full upper body dips... boys final verse choreo is one of my favorites, really difficult.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH and you tell me I know nothing about dancing omg just sit the fuck down brit5

On 18/01/2018 at 3:02 PM, *Starlight* said:

If Britney were a thing when streaming and digital sales were at a high she Glory would have smashed rih14

omg i love Rih but this is a clock dead2 

Rih's longevity and sales are still very impressive regardless of when she became a thing. yas1 

1 hour ago, Michael. said:

omg i love Rih but this is a clock dead2 

Rih's longevity and sales are still very impressive regardless of when she became a thing. yas1 

Yeah he basically just said that Brit is irrelevant now oprah14 

4 minutes ago, Michael. said:

yeah but he dismissed the overused argument "albums were bigger" which works with digital sales/streaming too. oprah14 

Times are changing and if you can’t fit in you’re out oprah14 

15 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Times are changing and if you can’t fit in you’re out oprah14 

Sure but it's hypocritical to shame someone for not not being able to fit in the current sales climate and then use the "my fave didn't debut when albums were big" excuse when the same applies to someone who didn't peak in the digital/streaming era. oprah14 

14 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Sure but it's hypocritical to shame someone for not not being able to fit in the current sales climate and then use the "my fave didn't debut when albums were big" excuse when the same applies to someone who didn't peak in the digital/streaming era. oprah14 

Yes but it does not really apply when you're a crossover (in terms of albums/digital/streaming eras) act like Britney who had her comeback after mental breakdown when digital sales became a thing oprah14 Beyonce for example still does well in that department, it's Britney's team/label that doesn't give a shit about her career and obviously they didn't have any ideas how to revive her career.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

spilling that tea sis eve1 

1/2-count full spins in overprotected remix, + full 180 splits. Super fast sharp movements for MATM. Slave 4 U final verse full upper body dips... boys final verse choreo is one of my favorites, really difficult. And Britney mastered them all, sometimes better than her back up dancers. But sure, it’s only the choreo that’s good. eve1

Meanwhile, the dancer among us praises Rih’s live performances while deriding britney’s dancing. eve1 Like I don’t get it?

FOTP can stop now with the utter delusion eve1

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Yes but it does not really apply when you're a crossover (in times of albums/digital/streaming eras) act like Britney who had her comeback after mental breakdown when digital sales became a thing oprah14 Beyonce for example still does well in that department, it's Britney's team/label that doesn't give a shit about her career.

Yeah but ever since her comeback the market changed a lot oprah14 Her whole brand just needs a reinvention, because her image/performances are so 90s/early 00s and so are the topic of her songs oprah14 I don't see her happening again oprah14 

4 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

Just like Rihanna was nonexistent in the music industry when albums were big oprah14 Literally oprah14

Well maybe because she debuted in times were album sales were going low? oprah14

1 minute ago, Michael. said:

Yeah but ever since her comeback the market changed a lot oprah14 Her whole brand just needs a reinvention, because her image/performances are so 90s/early 00s and so are the topic of her songs oprah14 I don't see her happening again oprah14 

That's what I said: times are changing and either you're going along with them or you're becoming a fad. She still has chances for a bounce back IMO but with a total reinvention. oprah14

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

Well maybe because she debuted in times were album sales were going low? oprah14

And, to restate my point, britney's prime ended around the time digital sales and streaming began to emerge as the top music consuming force oprah14 Like really you're going nowhere with this

2 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

And, to restate my point, britney's prime ended around the time digital sales and streaming began to emerge as the top music consuming force oprah14 Like really you're going nowhere with this

Either you are. oprah14

+

(...) To summarize everything: no matter how hard you try, you cannot prove anything about Britney being any sort of force nowadays. Rihanna 10+ years into her career is doing LIGHT years better than Britbot was 10 years into her career. Britney had a very strong start and was a teen pop music sensation (debut and sophomore album) around the world who also gained success with two next albums but these times are gone and you have to move on. Comparing tractions of both careers is hilarious cause since they crossed paths in one point, one of them is still on the top of the game and the other one is not. The one on top is obviously Rihanna.

oprah14

7 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Omg you're really slow fall7

1) STILL not a touring force, let it go.

2) Based on that little Wikipedia article - yes, it also proves my point. If you claim that Brit is a song-writer then Rihanna is also one (51 songs according to her wikipage), I'm not even mentioning other artists who are constantly dragged for not contributing to their songs at all who are credited at the end of the song credits which obviously doesn't mean shit.

3) Except MJ/Janet are in the leagues of their own. 10 years in their careers they could pull a great show and unfortunately it does not apply to Britbot so stay in your lane. Every Rihanna's vocal performance is MILES ahead than routines pulled by Britbot we've seen for many years recently. Whenever Rihanna is focusing on delivering a good vocal performance she's getting rave reviews (Grammy, BBMA etc). Britney can be a decent performer but she's near back on the track like you're trying to prove with this weak NYE performance wtf.

4) Prefer ITZ tho

5) Bitch, READ. I said that NONE of the titles (album seller, singer, song-writer etc) applies to Britbot nowadays. Btw. it was you who came up with the "dancer" thing not me rip4

Which is strongly ARGUABLE ("majority of the faves" part - Bey, Madonna, hell even Gaga are better dancers - not to mention that only the latter is younger than Britney). So what that she's pulling those routines every night if they are limited to walking on stage doing almost fucking nothing? That's not dancing  dead4 Also what is this bs about "If you’re going to try to drag brit’s Dancing while bragging about rih, you have to be consistent and apply the same criteria to her." neither I'm bragging about Rih's dancing (again it's the argument YOU brought to the discussion not me lmao) cause bitch is lazy AF and neither I have to apply the same criteria to her. At least she's not trying to prove that she has moves like Brit looking like a robot every time she's on stage.

To summarize everything: no matter how hard you try, you cannot prove anything about Britney being any sort of force nowadays. Rihanna 10+ years into her career is doing LIGHT years better than Britbot was 10 years into her career. Britney had a very strong start and was a teen pop music sensation (debut and sophomore album) around the world who also gained success with two next albums but these times are gone and you have to move on. Comparing tractions of both careers is hilarious cause since they crossed paths in one point, one of them is still on the top of the game and the other one is not. The one on top is obviously Rihanna.

Have a good reading and stay in your cave.

Imagine believing the shit you type out lmfao1

She may not be as great of a dancer as she used to be back in the day but she's still uncomparable to the likes of Rihanna and still dances more than most pop faves, plus she's getting better at it little by little. Glory had 1/2 of the songs co-written by her, she broke attendance and grossing records with POM locally and on a WW scale. 20 years later she has EVERYTHING to make the basic britney hater pressed, so I kinda understand you lana1

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

Either you are. oprah14

+

oprah14

But if that is the case , since Rihanna debuted in 2005, when albums still sold well, why didnt her debut move AT LEAST 5 million ww? Or her breakthrough GGGB should have 15 million copies like Gaga's The Fame/The Fame Monster does. Like really stop pushing down my throat some logic you wont follow oprah14

1 minute ago, Onyx said:

She's still uncomparable to the likes of Rihanna and still dances more than most pop faves, plus she's getting better at it little by little. Glory had 1/2 of the songs co-written by her, she broke attendance and grossing records with POM locally and on a WW scale. 20 years later she has EVERYTHING to make the basic britney hater pressed, so I kinda understand you lana1

1 minute ago, Onyx said:

Imagine believing the shit you type out lmfao1

1 minute ago, *Starlight* said:

But if that is the case , since Rihanna debuted in 2005, when albums still sold well, why didnt her debut move AT LEAST 5 million ww? Or her breakthrough GGGB should have 15 million copies like Gaga's The Fame/The Fame Monster does. Like really stop pushing down my throat some logic you wont follow oprah14

Because back in the day she only had her record label on her side and even though they've seen her as a next pop star they really didn't know what to do with her. Singles did well from the start though and GGGB sold almost 10M copies WW. Not bad oprah14 Like really sit down if you don't know what you're talking about. oprah14

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.