Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ParentalAdvisory

Golden Review: NO classic Kylie straight-up electronic dance pop moments on Golden

kylie-minogue-country.jpg

Advance warning: there’s no classic Kylie straight-up electronic dance pop moments on Golden, but certainly nothing that will alienate true fans and indeed many will enjoy her trying something different and moving out of her comfort zone. Kylie has committed to her Nashville epiphany and the country feel suits her voice on the lower-tempo moments.

And rest assured Kylie’s take on country is more akin to Dolly Parton at her poppiest, rather than Alison Krauss.

There’s even a hoedown feel to A Lifetime to Repair, while Raining Glitter is another more traditional Kylie moment (from the title up) for fans struggling with the slight diversion in direction.

Golden also includes a moody duet with up and coming British singer Jack Savoretti, Music’s Too Sad Without You that is the closest she’s come to her work with Nick Cave in years.

www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/first-review-kylies-new-single-dancing-is-country-meets-club/news-story/6e284ab9ec7c514f7d6db53837b2b195

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/first-review-kylies-new-single-dancing-is-country-meets-club/news-story/6e284ab9ec7c514f7d6db53837b2b195

7 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

kylie-minogue-country.jpg

Advance warning: there’s no classic Kylie straight-up electronic dance pop moments on Golden, but certainly nothing that will alienate true fans and indeed many will enjoy her trying something different and moving out of her comfort zone. Kylie has committed to her Nashville epiphany and the country feel suits her voice on the lower-tempo moments.

And rest assured Kylie’s take on country is more akin to Dolly Parton at her poppiest, rather than Alison Krauss.

There’s even a hoedown feel to A Lifetime to Repair, while Raining Glitter is another more traditional Kylie moment (from the title up) for fans struggling with the slight diversion in direction.

Golden also includes a moody duet with up and coming British singer Jack Savoretti, Music’s Too Sad Without You that is the closest she’s come to her work with Nick Cave in years.

www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/first-review-kylies-new-single-dancing-is-country-meets-club/news-story/6e284ab9ec7c514f7d6db53837b2b195

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/first-review-kylies-new-single-dancing-is-country-meets-club/news-story/6e284ab9ec7c514f7d6db53837b2b195

cry7cry7

WHY?

WOULD SHE DO THAT?

My heart is broken.

2 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Gaga’s attempt at a pseudo country/rock album most definitely doesn’t count as a full record of either genre, so I mean

+1 - she just wore a pink cowboy hat oprah14

Just now, ajp said:

+1 - she just wore a pink cowboy hat oprah14

She basically released an Avril Lavigne record. Pop, but with guitars oprah14 not that there’s any shame in that. People are acting like Kylie is about to drop a Toby Keith record, yet I’m sure she’ll have something in there for them to bop their glittery bussies to! oprah14 

2 minutes ago, Hylia said:

She basically released an Avril Lavigne record. Pop, but with guitars oprah14 not that there’s any shame in that. People are acting like Kylie is about to drop a Toby Keith record, yet I’m sure she’ll have something in there for them to bop their glittery bussies to! oprah14 

The true meaning of Raining Glitter oprah14

I'm baffled at everyone already cringing at thought of her doing Country. Country does not necessarily = bad.

It's KYLIE, so I think it's safe to say she's going to do Country her way. I'm personally glad that 14 albums in she's still into experimenting.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.