Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Jae

University of Alabama sorority girl expelled over "n" word filled video

A college student who posted a video of her racist ranting to social media on Martin Luther King Jr. Day has been expelled from the University of Alabama, school officials said Wednesday.

Harley Barber, a 19-year-old freshman from Marlton, N.J., recently posted two videos to her “fake” Instagram — the secret, secondary account many teenagers use to show their authentic, less polished selves — of her spewing language that sparked outrage both on her campus and across the country as the videos went viral.

“We do not waste water . . . because of the poor people in Syria,” she said in the first video, standing in front of a bathroom sink. “I love how I act like I love black people,” she said, before using racial slurs.

second video was posted Monday in response to people who were upset by the language she used in the first. She threatened those who wanted to report her fake Instagram account to her sorority, Alpha Phi, for using racist language. She said she “doesn’t care if it’s Martin Luther King Day” before repeating a racial slur more than half a dozen times.

Barber, who could not be immediately reached for comment, apologized Wednesday in the New York Post and said she is preparing to return to New Jersey.

“I did something really, really bad,” Barber said in a telephone interview with the newspaper. “I don’t know what to do, and I feel horrible. I’m wrong, and there’s just no excuse for what I did. . . . I feel so, so bad, and I am so sorry.”

Washington Post

Such a stupid University! That place should educate students to don't be racist, but if you expell them you don't solve the issue...you just let racists to go out in the society and increase the overall racism level. It would have been much better solution if instead they forced that girl to attend a course on sensibilization and education on this matter. Hugely dissappointed by the University's coward decision.oprah14

2 hours ago, The One Below All said:

Such a stupid University! That place should educate students to don't be racist, but if you expell them you don't solve the issue...you just let racists to go out in the society and increase the overall racism level. It would have been much better solution if instead they forced that girl to attend a course on sensibilization and education on this matter. Hugely dissappointed by the University's coward decision.oprah14

How is it the university’s job to teach you to be a decent human being? You pay them to give you a trade and an advanced education on acedemics. Not grade school ethics you learned from ur own Parents and going to a decrnt school lmao.  The logic of a college teaching someone ethics (that you agree to follow when you sign up and PAY) is HIGHLY lacking sense and is pointless. She’s a grown ass woman she should know that hating black people won’t get her anywhere. Which it definitely won’t now. 

Are u tryna be a decil’s advocate or are u being serious??

10 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

How is it the university’s job to teach you to be a decent human being? You pay them to give you a trade and an advanced education on acedemics. Not grade school ethics you learned from ur own Parents and going to a decrnt school lmao.  The logic of a college teaching someone ethics (that you agree to follow when you sign up and PAY) is HIGHLY lacking sense and is pointless. She’s a grown ass woman she should know that hating black people won’t get her anywhere. Which it definitely won’t now. 

the university aim should be to make more decent human being tholmfao2

I totally get your point which is actually the point of view of the universities today and that is actually why the education system sucks badly lmfao2

I mean, what is the point to teach to future generations everything about a specific topic and allow them to be complete idiots in everything else? It's such a pointless logic. That girl spoke out loud her mind, but how many racists keep it quiet? Let's face it, many students are racists but are afraid to come out like that girl coz they fear to be expelled or worse. So that decision is not gonna solve the bigger issue.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:39 PM, Jae said:

The thing I don't get is when she says she's from Jersey so she's allowed to say it? rip4 Like why? rip4 

exactly. like dont give us (NJ) a bad name ya whore hottie1 

11 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

"Hey Mary, could you please stay behind and give Harley Barber a class on how to not be racist after your lecture today? We'll pay you overtime" lmfao1 

Just now, Venus XCX said:

"Hey Mary, could you please stay behind and give Harley Barber a class on how to not be racist after your lecture today? We'll pay you overtime" lmfao1 

Honestly, today every university should have a course on education of racist people, especially in the US.lmfao1

9 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Its fucking stupid. 💀💀💀. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.