Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Madonna & Mariah

The Queen of Music and madonna were both recording music for their new album this week.

It's been 13 years since they both released -the same year- their big 'comeback' albums and had their biggest hits of their career.

Both will probably release their next album the same year again, do you think a '2005 success' can happen to them again?

If the music is good of course.

What do you thing?

interesting1

Pic: Mariah Carey looking flawless while driking an expensive glass of wine in her studio. We stan.

Pic 2: Madonna wearing a Lourdes jacket once more possing with a basic songwriter who loves to hide her half face in EVERY SINGLE PHOTO SHE TAKES.

Also just cause some fans had problem with this collab, she blamed them for being racist out of nowhere. Beyhive teas rav1

Omg both diamond best selling multi-#1 global legends coming to show these girlies what success is! we aren't ready !!!!

"I HAVE paid attention to Madonna since I was in 7th or 8th grade when she used to less popular!" - RebelHeartriah Carey

"Mariah is particularly smart. I'd rather kill myself than NOT be Mariah Carey!" - Lambdonna 

STOP. THE. DRAMA. START. THE. MUSIC. 

Image result for whitney atrl dancing gif

2 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Omg both diamond best selling multi-#1 global legends coming to show these girlies what success is! we aren't ready !!!!

"I HAVE paid attention to Madonna since I was in 7th or 8th grade when she used to less popular!" - RebelHeartriah Carey

"Mariah is particularly smart. I'd rather kill myself than NOT be Mariah Carey!" - Lambdonna 

STOP. THE. DRAMA. START. THE. MUSIC. 

Image result for whitney atrl dancing gif

Let's stop lying for once. Mariah has sold more and she's more popular worldwide rav1

6 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Oh, so Moo felt threatened by Queen M and now copied her and decided it was time to release another colossal flop? rav1 

Reveal hidden contents

eve1 

We Belong Togethah 2.0 is coming

RkJmJ_s-200x150.gif

I love them both and NOTHING could make me happier as a stan knowing that Madonna and like a million other artists I love are releasing this year.  I like Mariah too and am pleased her fanbase will probably be getting a solid new album.  Both she and Madonna were robbed of a lot of goodwill that their last albums respectively deserved.

I have high hopes for Madonna's new album.  I think she's in a good place and Rebel Heart had everything it needed for it to have smashed.  Leaks and peeps with poor taste can fuck off. oprah14

Mariah too, I think, is in a terrific place.  She's definitely had a good year undoing the NYE drama and I think is poised to come back with people paying attention to what sets her apart, namely ha voice and ha trademark diva 'tude.  Here for both! antm1

I have no position on the fan-created feud between the two.  Their accomplishments are totally distinct, as are their careers and strengths.  There's no actual contest because comparisons between them are inane.  Music is better via both of them being alive, proving ageist shitbrained haters can seethe on their way to old oprah14, ugly oprah14, self-hating oprah14, lonely oprah14 irrelevance oprah14 and denial oprah14

1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

Also just cause some fans had problem with this collab, she blamed them for being racist out of nowhere. Beyhive teas rav1

It was tacky that she preemptively went there in ha post but she lowkey had a point aretha1 in saying we shouldn't make assumptions based on an artist's repertoire / identification.  I don't clap1 think that's what everyone who wasn't here for the collab was doing (hence the messiness) but she's obviously sensitive to people (a) making assumptions like that if that's where they're coming from gaga3 and (b) trying to regulate her choices via premature feedback.  If anyone's earned the right to not have her material judged before it's heard, it's queen Madonna.  Defies expectations again and again and for the sake of my argument I'm ignoring predictable pandering to the masses that she's also occasionally guilty of *cough* MDNR *cough cough*.

I don't know how I feel about both of them making new albums. I definitely can't stand the "they are old" argument, but I do think at some point you just gotta pull the plug. What's the point of making music that won't sell or get played tbh. They are both legends and should just rely on their old catalog. But then again you have artists like Cher who was like 50 when "Believe" came out, so idk. 

2 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I don't know how I feel about both of them making new albums. I definitely can't stand the "they are old" argument, but I do think at some point you just gotta pull the plug. What's the point of making music that won't sell or get played tbh. They are both legends and should just rely on their old catalog. But then again you have artists like Cher who was like 50 when "Believe" came out, so idk. 

There is definitely a time when most artists should call it quits, but neither of them are there.  Rebel Heart and Elusive Chanteuse were both solid albums that were better than several prior late-career releases. 

And both of them have at least one or two eras apiece that were pivotal and restorative to their careers that happened AFTER the “they’re washed up” arguments happened. Madonna has Ray of Light and Confessions, and Mariah has Emancipation at least. Both of them will, I think, deliver this time. 

As fans, we can’t expect a trash gp to get on board, but I’m all for both of them pushing forward when it seems to be in a positive direction. 

1 minute ago, Satori said:

There is definitely a time when most artists should call it quits, but neither of them are there.  Rebel Heart and Elusive Chanteuse were both solid albums that were better than several prior late-career releases. 

And both of them have at least one or two eras apiece that were pivotal and restorative to their careers that happened AFTER the “they’re washed up” arguments happened. Madonna has Ray of Light and Confessions, and Mariah has Emancipation at least. Both of them will, I think, deliver this time. 

As fans, we can’t expect a trash gp to get on board, but I’m all for both of them pushing forward when it seems to be in a positive direction. 

I think "Music" was another highlight of Madonna's career even though I'm not really a fan of that era. But it was massive, especially in Europe. "Confessions" for me was the best album/era of her catalog since her 80s stuff. I also enjoyed "Hard Candy." I think it was after that when I lost interest. 

As for Mariah, I think "E=Mc2" was an even better album than "Emancipation," but obviously the impact was minimal compared to it. I just think she chose all the wrong singles on that album and in the end it was a disappointing era, but still better than anything she did from 1999-2004. 

11 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

It's not that they will not sell, Madonna will sell for sure 500,000+ copies, isn't that bad. Mariah could pull a number like this too moo3

2 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I think "Music" was another highlight of Madonna's career even though I'm not really a fan of that era. But it was massive, especially in Europe. "Confessions" for me was the best album/era of her catalog since her 80s stuff. I also enjoyed "Hard Candy." I think it was after that when I lost interest. 

As for Mariah, I think "E=Mc2" was an even better album than "Emancipation," but obviously the impact was minimal compared to it. I just think she chose all the wrong singles on that album and in the end it was a disappointing era, but still better than anything she did from 1999-2004. 

Music and E=MC2 seemed like really fun “riding the wave” eras in that they came after massive comebacks. They each had one huge signature hit too that remains a classic in their catalogues... the title track and Touch My Body. Iconic. 

I don’t know if either will ever have commercially explosive comeback eras like that again. It’s doubtful. But if the work is good, that’s all I care about. 

1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

It's not that they will not sell, Madonna will sell for sure 500,000+ copies, isn't that bad. Mariah could pull a number like this too moo3

Yeah if I had to guess I think Mariah’s numbers will definitely improve this era. Madge too if we’re lucky, especially considering RH sold as much as it did despite leaks and bandwagoning hate for her at the time. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.