Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Aidan.

ReExamining Kiss Me Once and comparing it to Lets Get To It

Ok when KMO came out I originally HATED it with a burning passion. Into The Blue disgusted me and I honestly barely gave the album the time of day.

4 years have passed and I think the albums cute overall. I am still not huge on Into The Blue but there are some moments I like on the album. For example I Was Gonna Cancel is one of my FAVE 2010s Kylie tracks ..............  sorry1 Haters ...........................

Anyway. Looking back the album gives me a lot of teas of the Lets Get To It era and post era

Both albums lack direction, act as more of an interim, and are followed by side work before a new album is released.

One notable difference being that while Kylie had more involvement with LGTI - She has MUCH less with KMO. LGTI is also considerably better but both still lacked a direction.

Now we see a new and more sophisticated Kylie emerging again like we did in 1994 through 1998. She is back in the saddle and about to deliver something special

She has already dragged KMO this era and honestly I feel it will fall into the pit of forgottenness like LGTI

22 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Ok when KMO came out I originally HATED it with a burning passion. Into The Blue disgusted me and I honestly barely gave the album the time of day.

4 years have passed and I think the albums cute overall. I am still not huge on Into The Blue but there are some moments I like on the album. For example I Was Gonna Cancel is one of my FAVE 2010s Kylie tracks ..............  sorry1 Haters ...........................

Anyway. Looking back the album gives me a lot of teas of the Lets Get To It era and post era

Both albums lack direction, act as more of an interim, and are followed by side work before a new album is released.

One notable difference being that while Kylie had more involvement with LGTI - She has MUCH less with KMO. LGTI is also considerably better but both still lacked a direction.

Now we see a new and more sophisticated Kylie emerging again like we did in 1994 through 1998. She is back in the saddle and about to deliver something special

She has already dragged KMO this era and honestly I feel it will fall into the pit of forgottenness like LGTI

This is a fantastic analysis legend and I totally agree - LGTI to KM94 is clearly repeated in KMO to Golden. cry7

Cancel is a really good track, but it could have done without the awkward lyrics. I get the impression she didn't want to change it from what she did with Pharrell, but I think she should have reworked it some.

KMO has one of her best ever album runs: Feels So Good, If Only, Les Sex, Kiss Me Once - hard to knock that. I think it's a very good album with superb extra songs and good replay value. It does feel a bit strange though, a bit "un-Kylie". I hope she works with Ariel Rechstaid again.

Did she really have little involvement though? Just imagine all the work she did with those writers and producers to pull all that together, I think if anything she must have been burnt out and exhausted by it.

LGTI is also an unusual album for her, but it has some gorgeous tracks and huge bangers. She honestly doesn't have a bad album. I think you're right though, that like KMO, it seemed like a bit of a chore for her and was the end of "era" in both cases. Did she know she was done with both labels at the time?

The thing with Golden is that she obviously fell in love with the Nashville thing and we're going to get something very different from her vocally with this album. I love that about her, she genuinely seems to love learning and perfecting her self.

"Now we see a new and more sophisticated Kylie emerging again like we did in 1994 through 1998."

This parallellism with KM and IP is a bit of a reach rip4

And Dancing isn't more "sophisticated" than ITB dead1

Based on lead singles alone I doubt that Golden will top KMO, with any luck it'll be just as good. But this obviously remains to be seen, we can only wait for the tea jj2

14 hours ago, Aidan. said:

I wish she would unforget Word is Out because I have been bopping to it a hell of a lot recently cheryl1

16 hours ago, Aidan. said:

this is all fault of IP actually nat1

I've never understood the hate for KMO. I'm fond of that album, though I could be partial to it because it was my first era as a stan. I think it's a surprisingly powerful album with an overall theme of sex vs romance, and the title track is still one of her best ever songs.

This being said, she definitely didn't seem to be super into KMO, and the passion she's showing for Golden is very exciting. She seems to have really been inspired creatively, so I'm excited to see what's to come.

I loathed it when it came out. Like it broke my heart to go from Aphrodite to that album. But it has definitely grown on me. I rearranged the track list and threw Mr. President and SWTE, Sparks etc on it and got off the two useless sex tracks and totally fell in love with the album. It’s a very romantic, mellow collection of songs. I still don’t like the running order, but there’s a great album in there regardless. 

I didn’t know not liking ITB was possible though... kylie2 It is one of her most divine vocal performances. The lyrics are lovely. The production is flawless. And in sum it is one of the most effervescent and beautiful pop songs, like, ever. To me, that is where Kylie is untouchable. Some of her records are somehow the impossible combination of a bop and something genuinely beautiful. This track, Breathe, Sleeping with the Enemy, I Believe In You, etc....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.