Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

"End Game" flopped.

We were keeping it cute for a minute but now it's time to address the big elephant in the room...not even Ed Sheeran could gave Taylor a hit. Is her pop career over? Should she go back to country after this? Nothing else on the album will be a hit either. Lets discuss nat1 

Its very funny you keep making these threads. Very.

Anyways i do have to agree End Game is NOT the song she should have chosen. "Delicate" or "So It Goes" in my opinion-the more resemble 1989 stuff and what can take over radio, not that dreadful collab.

7 minutes ago, *Starlight* said:

Its very funny you keep making these threads. Very.

Anyways i do have to agree End Game is NOT the song she should have chosen. "Delicate" or "So It Goes" in my opinion-the more resemble 1989 stuff and what can take over radio, not that dreadful collab.

Keep making what threads? ny7 

6 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

One flop doesnt consitute an end to a career. RFI and LWYMMD still did well as reputation sales. Hopefully she chooses a better single next.

But in this case it's pretty CLEAR the 4th single and no further single off this album will do well. Only because LWYMMD had initial hype and then collapsed quickly, and "Ready For It" debut in the top ten but was only there for one week. Basically, she is struggling with hit singles to put it delicately. And I don't think anything else on the album will work. xtina11 Top 40 radio is slowly writing her off and her streams aren't holding up. 

1 minute ago, Agugaga said:

But in this case it's pretty CLEAR the 4th single and no further single off this album will do well. Only because LWYMMD had initial hype and then collapsed quickly, and "Ready For It" debut in the top ten but was only there for one week. Basically, she is struggling with hit singles to put it delicately. And I don't think anything else on the album will work. xtina11 Top 40 radio is slowly writing her off and her streams aren't holding up. 

How is top 40 radio writing her off when End Game was a top 10 radio hit??????

most of the songs on 1989 would have been moderate hits tbh the album is that good, it's pure pop and well produced. this album is just shit, the lead single video was good but that's about it, it was front loaded and then fell pretty much straight away...

the album is a drop in quality from 1989 and is probably a wake up call for her and her team. also why is she not performing anywhere? tv shows or anything?

14 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

How is top 40 radio writing her off when End Game was a top 10 radio hit??????

11 =
TAYLOR SWIFT
End Game f/Ed Sheeran/Future
8774 -8

Did I miss something? Even if it peaked at #10 that's kinda just underwhelming. She's already burned through 3 singles because of how quickly they are being dropped and her album has only been out for 2 months. 

To be honest I think the "lingering" thing with "Ready for It" and "End Game" where they are kinda "just there" is even worse than completely tanking. Because when a single completely tanks the label moves on to the next single...but her singles just lingering around like this without any hype means the label stretch their runs out even longer and it's all around a non-event type of thing. So she's stuck in a pickle now. Do they drop the 4th single soon? Wait longer? Not release a 4th single all-together? (that actually might be a good idea). 

40 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

We were keeping it cute for a minute but now it's time to address the big elephant in the room...not even Ed Sheeran could gave Taylor a hit. Is her pop career over? Should she go back to country after this? Nothing else on the album will be a hit either. Lets discuss nat1 

Yes, she's finally over. oprah14

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.