Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Rebel Bitch

Is Minogue Definitely Cancelled?

3 minutes ago, sonowgoodbye said:

She's just taking a different route and toning it down. She's not doing too bad tbh. She went #1 in Australia iTunes and #2 (I think) in UK iTunes and #6 WW iTunes for Dancing. Also Golden isnt even out so don't judge too quickly oprah14

Goldens numbers 1st week? 10k lbr oprah14

Dancing was a poor lead single choice. As much as I love it, I can see why people wouldn't be crazy about it. If they were really chasing success, they'd actually release that Sigala song like they intended oprah14 STILL, the fact that this shot up so high on itunes in some countries proves that she still has a decent following.

I still wouldn't write it off completely. She has yet to promote the song, so hopefully they'll get on that soon! 

29 minutes ago, sonowgoodbye said:

Golden isnt even out yet dead4 and she's #3 in US pre-orders currently too. jj1

#3 on iTunes? jj1 Sweetie let‘s not. 

iTunes doesn‘t indicate shit these days but there’s always someone who thinks it‘s the official chart. ayumi1 

Kylie's career hasn't depended on numbers for quite a while.  She has a loyal fanbase and I'd argue she's loved by the non-US gp in a way that enables her to stay relevant and recognized despite the perennial problem that almost all music markets have with older women.  We can't expect queenly pop stars to win every era or hold them to a comeback standard every time they try again, but she still has an audience, and just as important, she still has something worthwhile to offer.  So long as those two things are intact, she can't be cancelled.  Same story with Madonna, Mariah, etc.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.