Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

why do yall try so hard to discredit rappers/features?

jay1 ive noticed whenever a certain artist has several features or rappers on their song and it succeeds, the pop gheys act like their fave is the only reason the song went anywhere. Even if their fave is actually a feature on someone else's song. One minute we're talking about how pop is dying and that hip-hop is taking over and then whenever a rapper is on some pop singers track we don't want to acknowledge they had a part in the single's success mad5 newsflash: rappers have their own fanbases that can be attracted to whatever single they're on, as do OTHER singers whenever they collab with your faves. A lot of songs would not be as popular or successful without certain features. Yet for some reason because ya'll aren't checking the song for them that means no one else is? Mess

In my opinion, I never really have discredited the features that rappers have on a song, but it doesn't mean I enjoy them. I enjoy some of the rappers as solo acts, especially Nicki, but when the features become so overproduced that it's hindering them from making their own material, it begins to irk me.

Also, if people gave different rappers a chance, and not the same rappers, like Quavo and the ones that are in now like 21 Savage and Lil Uzi Vert, it wouldn't bother me as much either. I acknowledge that they do have a part in the success that the track had, but sometimes it gets a little bland when the same ones are on every song, it makes the radio much less diverse, to where it's pretty much the new pop girls with the same rappers featuring.

its simple. rap music doesn't chart well as singles. it sells better as albums because idk ghetto people are more easily persuaded to buy albums idk. 

im not ghetto so idk.

tenor.gif?itemid=7626112 

but as far as singles singles sell more when they are catchier (pop). no one bought Monster with eminem and rih because it was amazing. its cause it was catchy. not as good as ltwyl. mo.

5 minutes ago, nigma said:

its simple. rap music doesn't chart well as singles. it sells better as albums because idk ghetto people are more easily persuaded to buy albums idk. 

im not ghetto so idk.

tenor.gif?itemid=7626112 

but as far as singles singles sell more when they are catchier (pop). no one bought Monster with eminem and rih because it was amazing. its cause it was catchy. not as good as ltwyl. mo.

The fact you think “ghetto people” (wtf) are the only ones listening to rap music....

16 minutes ago, nigma said:

im not ghetto so idk.

tenor.gif?itemid=7626112 

Gtfo with that xenophobic shit

7 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

Jay's verse is iconic but it's like 2 lines dead4 I think California Gurls is a good example though

ikr it's not even a whole verse, not even a half dead4

54 minutes ago, nigma said:

im not ghetto so idk.

tenor.gif?itemid=7626112 

This is xenophobic as shit......wtf

1 hour ago, Jae said:

Tea like Umbrella would have been nothing without Jay 

Same can be said about Drunk in Love ny12 

Anyway I do agree that stans purposely try to discredit features for what ever reason. I mean I get it when an artist has a 30 second feature but there are certain examples like Nicki on “Side to Side” or “MotorSport” where she really dominated the song. I guess technically she’s a a lead on MotorSport tho so there’s also the argument of how songs are billed. I think in cases like “Let Me Love You” by Justin Bieber it should not be a feature billing cuz that song was all him. oprah14 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.