Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

why do yall try so hard to discredit rappers/features?

20 minutes ago, Kenya said:

I think it’s more racist than xenophobic?

Ghetto doesn't apply to one culture or poc, there are all different types of ghettos that's why IMO it's more of a xenophobic comment taking into account that rap music is actually coming from this environment. Xenophobic or racist - still awful anyway.

Some songs have excellent rap features that really elevate the song while others just feel detached, almost like a last minute addition and it's really not that hard to pick up on that. I think the non-biased fags are pretty much fair in stanning rap features, if they're actually really good. oprah12 

9 minutes ago, Okan said:

I actually think the Migos version is better than the solo o o o o ooo brit10

Tea. This song has grown on me a lot recently and it's all due to the Migos version brit10

4 hours ago, nigma said:

its simple. rap music doesn't chart well as singles. it sells better as albums because idk ghetto people are more easily persuaded to buy albums idk. 

im not ghetto so idk.

tenor.gif?itemid=7626112 

but as far as singles singles sell more when they are catchier (pop). no one bought Monster with eminem and rih because it was amazing. its cause it was catchy. not as good as ltwyl. mo.

Omg fall9 You just ended yourself. Please stop posting.

28 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Omg fall9 You just ended yourself. Please stop posting.

Why? Do u reckon he was xenophobic?

I mean, cmon the best definition of Hip Hop is the culture of urban ghetto's. It is the life style of the young people living in the street, promoting self-expression through music, dance, graphic arts and fashion wear (like kids originally wear large baggy pants so they can grow up without having to buy new ones). It is also a social attitude where the "posse" is a gang or a family where everyone is interdependent and each member has got his own role. 

Rap is definitely the verbal expression of the street people. So it makes sense that it is more appreciated inside the ghetto.

3 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

I mean, cmon the best definition of Hip Hop is the culture of urban ghetto's. It is the life style of the young people living in the street, promoting self-expression through music, dance, graphic arts and fashion wear (like kids originally wear large baggy pants so they can grow up without having to buy new ones). It is also a social attitude where the "posse" is a gang or a family where everyone is interdependent and each member has got his own role. 

Rap is definitely the verbal expression of the street people. So it makes sense that it is more appreciated inside the ghetto.

4 hours ago, The One Below All said:

Stop posting

4 hours ago, The One Below All said:

Tbh I have trouble understanding your political stance on a lot of subjects. One time you complain about people making fat jokes and claim they are worse than death jokes and you also consider Nazi jokes really bad but then you support him for saying shit like "rap is ghetto and only ghetto people listen to it". He used the term "ghetto" in such a derogatory fashion...I don't know how anyone can even stand up for that. ny12 

2 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Tbh I have trouble understanding your political stance on a lot of subjects. One time you complain about people making fat jokes and claim they are worse than death jokes and you also consider Nazi jokes really bad but then you support him for saying shit like "rap is ghetto and only ghetto people listen to it". He used the term "ghetto" in such a derogatory fashion...I don't know how anyone can even stand up for that. ny12 

that is what he said:

ghetto people are more easily persuaded to buy albums idk. im not ghetto so idk.

You just gave it the worst interpretation scenario. I don't think he's racist or it was meant in a racist way. As you know rap music and ghetto culture are related, so he's just assuming that ghetto people are still the main buyers of rap music idk.

1 hour ago, *Starlight* said:

Well all the pop girls are using rappers now but i think solo singles are better. Like Katy released three singles, all had rappers. It was annoying honestly.

Skip isn't a rapper jj2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.