Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Would Breitbartney have got away with this low-key racism/homophobia in 2018?

The year was 2013, and she was promoting Breitbartney Jean.

Yet, behind the scenes, her so-called "favourite writer" was outed as a closet homophobe.

Meanwhile, she was also being her usual awkward self in a couple of interviews, in which she described gays as "somewhat girls" and responded to a question about Latinos as "bad boys... that your father wouldn't let you go out with."

Given how a single Illuminatweet can ruin a career these days, would she have been dragged to the pits if all of this came out now?sistren1 

I'm absolutely fucking shocked that a school dropout raised in Louisiana surrounded by bible thumpin' homophobes before shooting to superstardom and remaining insulated by those around her could still occasionally come off as a little insensitive about certain social issues despite also championing them.

Blown the fuck away, wendy3

2 hours ago, Kidd said:

I'm absolutely fucking shocked that a school dropout raised in Louisiana surrounded by bible thumpin' homophobes before shooting to superstardom and remaining insulated by those around her could still occasionally come off as a little insensitive about certain social issues despite also championing them.

Did your sonar quiver, Kidd, darling?

3 hours ago, Tanya Turner said:

Of course she'd get away with it, just like she did then, Britney Spears can do no wrong in most peoples eyes 

Tea, mostly because people feel sorry for ha

6 hours ago, Kidd said:

I see u turn up out of the blue, uninvited but you couldnt stay away and couldn’t fight logging into the site 💀

She didn't purely "get away" with any of that though.  I mean, her career didn't end, but there was plenty of coverage about each of those.

On the other hand, she got away with it because everyone knows deep down Britney is harmless.  And were the same things to happen today, I have a feeling the reaction would be about the same.  A few people would be mad, but anyone who really knows anything about Britney (unless they're a hater) isn't going to have a bunch of negative things to say.  She's not a bitch, and she's not shady the way a lot of other pop girls are.  People love her.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.