Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Rebel Bitch

Say Something Nice....

3 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

And HC aged well? orly1 

I mean Give It 2 Me 2.0 was a hit in 2013. oprah14 

4 Minutes, Beat Goes On and She's Not Me could be released today and nobody would notice they were from 2008. oprah14 

Can we say the same about GGW, I'm Addicted, GMAYL, Superstar, TUTR and all the other stuff from MDN/A? oprah14 

2 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

I mean Give It 2 Me 2.0 was a hit in 2013. oprah14 

4 Minutes, Beat Goes On and She's Not Me could be released today and nobody would notice they were from 2008. oprah14 

Can we say the same about GGW, I'm Addicted, GMAYL, Superstar, TUTR and all the other stuff from MDN/A? oprah14 

Yes. oprah14 

If this wasn’t the lead single for the first post-Gaga BTW-era I think people would find it an underrated deep cut on the album. I lowkey get the antipathy for it given the role it played in what should have been a far less basic era than MDNA gave us. 

That said, it is one of her best music videos post-RoL. She looks absolutely flawless in it and it’s wicked entertaining. It boasted an ICONIC, jaw-dropping performance on the MDNA tour. And while I admit the lyrics are cringe af, I think the song is actually very well constructed. Somehow BOTH features work and feel beneficial to the song, and the manic energy and relentless tempo and M’s playful vocals coalesce, at least for me, in a song that has very 80sDonna spirit and sass. It’s just a fun song to listen to, to me.  I love the 60s vibes too (don’t @ me I know Beautiful Stranger and Amazing are better examples).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.