LÉON

The Tastemakers Thread

Good day, tasteless flop. Myself and @The Moon and The Sky are excited to present a thread for the discovery, discussion and dissection of fresh music that's otherwise ignored on this forum. 

We'll bring you some alternative/underground/no1curr bops for you to enjoy, because let's face it - none of the faves are serving right now so you might as well hop on the hipster express jj2

First track coming #soon mad5 

6 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

This will flop for the fucking filth ny1 FOTP is dead and most of the people that are still loging here are only here for pop music

Tea but we don't need success. We're here only to discuss and share new music jj2

Also, I enjoy your taste most of the time so I suppose you can throw in a song now and then interesting1 Or just stop by to discuss queenbitch1 

3 hours ago, Urbanov said:

This will flop for the fucking filth ny1 FOTP is dead and most of the people that are still loging here are only here for pop music

Most of my threads do ny1 I am the SZA of FOTP jj3 

Jonathan Bree - You're So Cool

This creepy video emerged last August and I came across it via Youtube's patchy recommendations. Like our next act, Jonathan Bree is from New Zealand, and has served an orchestral bop with no chorus that is somehow still infectious jj2 I also appreciate the reference to Sunset Boulevard, and his voice puts me in mind of John Grant - the kind of husky male vocalist that I go in for.

Marlon Williams feat. Aldous Harding - Nobody Gets What They Want Anymore

This New Zealand pairing were once a couple, and after they broke up Marlon asked Aldous to feature on this breakup ballad. A Winner Takes It All-flavour tea. It's very reminiscent of the Phil Spector era of music, and if you're into The Walker BrothersFrancoise Hardy, or The Last Shadow Puppets, you'll stan this jj2 For me, it works better in its radio edit form (i.e. ending after the final chorus), but here's the full-length video version nevertheless:

@The Moon and The Sky @Urbanov

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

I’m gonna check that later. I’m in my indie rock mood now (been listening to debut album by The Vaccines and wig flew)

jj4 Get out of my thread

7 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Their debut is amazing bitch wyd? um1 

Now listening to Wavves x Cloud Nothings legend1 

You're welcome to post whatever you think their best song is, and I'll give it a spin rav3 

3 minutes ago, The Moon and The Sky said:

Lmao, I did not notice that, I was like 

Oh wow, Beren's kicking out the only interested person rip2 

fall9 Soon it'll just be me spamming myself

Alright so I wanted to post too but didn't want to steal Beren's spotlight because we just love the music not the bling dancey1 

So, my songs are definitely not new, as in newly released but mostly throwbacks from the depths of the dark web. They are quite mellow songs that might put some to sleep, but what's bad in that ? :P 

1. Halou - Milkdrunk

I honestly discovered this a few days ago while looking up some lyrics so I was like "Wait, this is actually pretty queenbitch1 ". It's definitely something I could listen just to chill or probably when writing (or maybe when I'm taking a bath @Modern Woman ). Honestly if you're intro dream pop or trip hop, this might be for you. If you like this, I highly recommend their album called Wiser

2. Sepiamusic - Prototype

This second song is quite a bop for me, not gonna lie. It just makes me want to go for a run when it's cold outside rip4 I found this in a compilation or maybe a playlist, I can't remember exactly. However, it's just amazing and it just gets better in the second half, at least for me dead1 Besides, if you enjoy Prototype, you should give a spin to their song from the same album called My Empathy

@Urbanov , maybe you'll like one of these dancey1 

2 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Definitely gonna check Halou. Their sound remind me of Mandalay but vocalist is giving me 8mm tea which is a nice combination.

Second song is meh

Yas, glad you liked one. Adding yours to my playlist as we speak. 

Second one is, yeah, more messy, but lately I found myself listening to it more and more, but also their song called My Empathy is good, maybe even better. 

Thanks for sticking around queenbitch1

14 hours ago, The Moon and The Sky said:

Alright so I wanted to post too but didn't want to steal Beren's spotlight because we just love the music not the bling dancey1 

So, my songs are definitely not new, as in newly released but mostly throwbacks from the depths of the dark web. They are quite mellow songs that might put some to sleep, but what's bad in that ? :P 

1. Halou - Milkdrunk

I honestly discovered this a few days ago while looking up some lyrics so I was like "Wait, this is actually pretty queenbitch1 ". It's definitely something I could listen just to chill or probably when writing (or maybe when I'm taking a bath @Modern Woman ). Honestly if you're intro dream pop or trip hop, this might be for you. If you like this, I highly recommend their album called Wiser

2. Sepiamusic - Prototype

This second song is quite a bop for me, not gonna lie. It just makes me want to go for a run when it's cold outside rip4 I found this in a compilation or maybe a playlist, I can't remember exactly. However, it's just amazing and it just gets better in the second half, at least for me dead1 Besides, if you enjoy Prototype, you should give a spin to their song from the same album called My Empathy

@Urbanov , maybe you'll like one of these dancey1 

6 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Definitely gonna check Halou. Their sound remind me of Mandalay but vocalist is giving me 8mm tea which is a nice combination.

Second song is meh

These are all cute but I prefer, erm, stronger vocalists jj3 

This trip hop vibe is reminding me of this song though: