Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dan

Why is Emotional not talked about?

I feel like NOBODY ever talks about Emotional and when people do, they don't like it dead4  Sure, the productions not perfect and the first "GOD I'M ONLY HUMAN" is a bit painful to the ears... But, besides that I really, really love the song and I feel as though it's super underrated. I like how simple the lyrics are, they tell a story and I think it's amazing. It's also one of her most *emotional* songs, because you can tell what sort of mental place she was at when she wrote it. 

What are your thoughts? interesting1 

3 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

because it's the worst song on the album

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Honey said:

No one likes it but I absolutely love it to death. People say the lyrics are cringy but I think they are more honest than anything 

I agree 100% yas2 

I don't like the production, but the lyrics are incredible I think. They are the most honest and I like that it's not tied up in any metaphors or anything, she's just telling her story and being herself.

5 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

It's easily the worst track on Rainbow and I'm glad it's just on the Japanese version. It

Hunt You Down says HELLO wendy3 

6 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

It doesn't even fit the rest of the album at all.

I'll give you that, but objectively as far as the lyrics go I think it's amazing and deeply personal. Once I got over the first like 20 seconds being the way they are, I now appreciate the song jj2 

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Emotional is worse jj2

Being a country track makes HYD stand out actually, regardless of whether you like it or not

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'll give you that, but objectively as far as the lyrics go I think it's amazing and deeply personal. Once I got over the first like 20 seconds being the way they are, I now appreciate the song jj2 

The lyrics are great, but the production is just horrible. It is uninteresting and goes nowhere, which is why the song has no replay value at all.

10 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Being a country track makes HYD stand out actually, regardless of whether you like it or not

The production on Emotional makes it stand out jj2  

11 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

the song has no replay value at all.

Well I just replayed it like 6 times on the car ride home sass1 

Because it's shit and barely fits into the album.

16 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

I like it! Normally international bonus tracks (or sometimes bonus tracks in general) are bland and underwhelming but Emotional was a pleasant surprise cry6 

VIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

10 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

i was the first to express my love for emotional mad5 

I love it after I got past the beginning dead4 

i've never heard it till i looked it up just now but i think it's not bad at all. I could only find it in LQ but i liked it. the lyrics are dark but honest, the line about "supposed to be a party girl who stands for nothing" ... damn. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.