Archive: Season 8

hector    30,238
15 minutes ago, Bleachella said:

@Ronlop @Universal Music Group

Please don’t forget Lorde has a meeting with Lucian today! :) 

same btw belinda has been on the UMG lobby since yesterday! girl even had to use her $2 she made from beautiful rampage to warm herself 

Maria    5,120

@Ronlop I uploaded "To Know Me Is To Love Me".

Could you please delete all the previously uploaded songs (except for 'Stain')?

xYa.jpg

1. AFTER HER
2. COLD TO THE TOUCH
3. SAVE MY OWN
4. STRAIN
5. PERFECT CLOSENESS
6. BLUE DREAM (feat. Mariah Carey)
7. COEXIST (feat. Christina Milian)
8. LOVE MADE
9. TO KNOW ME IS TO LOVE ME
10. VERSUS

tigerlily13    2,331

camilaz100jcpx2.png

CAMILA ON Z100

Spoiler

Cuban-Mexican singer-songwriter Camila Capello has embarked on a pre-release promotional tour for her brand new single “BOY” expected off of her sophomore effort. The song written by Cabello, Julia Michaels, Jonas Jeberg, and Robyn Rihanna Fenty is expected to be released this Friday. Already the song has been making waves online, prompted by Cabello’s numerous television appearances and snippets posted on the singer’s Twitter. Already the twenty-year old and former Fifth Harmony member has appeared on late night shows such as Seth Meyers, James Corden, and most recently Good Morning America where she spoke with Robin Roberts about the song and her upcoming second album which has yet to be given a title. Taking a break from the television promotion rampage, Camila would visit Z100 studios where she’d be interviewed on the song, discussing the lyrics she previously released today on Twitter, as well as details on her upcoming studio album. The start of hate interview would be dedicated to much of Cabello’s previous discography, the DJ’s playing both ‘Havana’ and ‘Girls’ prior to Camila’s entrance on the show. Once seated, she’d talk about the growth on this album from her debut album. “I definitely think with my first album, I was really recommended to work within a certain area. And as a music listener and artist, it was really hard for me to accept that. I worked with the same writers and producers on the entire album. There were so many label obligations and restrictions. I didn’t have a lot of liberty to go in the studio one day and say “I want this song to be on the album.” If I did, I had labels and A&R guys telling me that I couldn’t put this song on because Epic didn’t want it on the record and etcetera. There was always that tentativeness with making my debut album and I didn’t like that. I didn’t want it on this record either.” As for whether Frank Dukes appears on the album, Camila would affirm that he would. “Yeah, he’s definitely on the album. We did about four songs together this time around and I definitely know two of them will make the record. As for the others, there’s always room on a deluxe for a few extra tracks, no?” The following questions would be in regards to “BOY” and its lyrics which fans online have already been discussing. ‘As interesting and cool it would be, the song isn’t about anyone. Julia Michaels and I really bonded in studios sessions where we were making songs prior to Boy’s conception and we thought up this scenario and challenged ourselves to write about it. It was an entirely new approach to writing for us. It was kind of like writing a telenovela with a modern pop twist. It was an interesting and oddly specific song to write but it came about out of a mere want to do something different. We really were just experimenting with songwriting.” As for whether or not more Julia Michaels songs will be on the record, Camila would answer with a satisfactory yes. “Julia and I wrote about six songs together for the album. We’ve finished about half of them and the ones we finished are some of my favorites and will definitely be on the album. Julia and I really hit magic when creating “BOY” so we decided to get back in the studio to really explore a little more of the magic that we had that first time.” The answer would prompt Camila to talk about her love of working with females. “Working with other female songwriters really is a favorite thing of mine to do. There’s a whole lot more authenticity there I think because there’s that common bond of womanhood. I definitely think that’s why a lot of the writers on this record are females.” As for the length of the album, Cabello would promise a longer album than her ten track debut. “This album will at the least be thirteen songs long and that’s the standard. I think somewhere around sixteen or seventeen songs would be a healthy about. I too wanted my debut album to be a lot longer but things didn’t turn out that way because of contractual issues. So since everything with this album is a little more organized and I have a lot more agency with what I can put on the record, there will be a lot more material.” As for when fans would be able to hear the album, she promised by late April. “If “BOY” does well the album will be out sooner. But I’ve been given the deadline to have the album in by late March so the album can be out in early April.” “ Boy” is available for pre-order now.

Lucky17    2,819

@Ronlop Bouncing Checks and L.M.K. (Let Me Know) and Unforgivable are discounted to $0.69 this week.
Quote Me On It. Self Service are discounted to $4.99 this week as well.

Maria    5,120

xp3.jpg

TEXT VERSION

Spoiler

Zayn is back! After the underperformance of his previous album, “To Know Me Is To Love Me”, which was met with critical acclaim, the singer took a break. In the meantime, the album got a nomination for Best R&B Album while the lead single, “Strain”, got a nomination for Best R&B Song. However, this did not seem to give the singer enough reasons to stay at his past label, hence why he signed with Holy Tongues Recordings, the label known for managing names such as Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears. Now, after all the planning, the singer is back in the game with a new single. Titled “Nights Go By” and produced by Frank Dukes, the song takes the listener on an emotional rollercoaster. Besides the new single, his upcoming album, “Identity Crisis”, has been made available for pre-order. To start the era correctly, Zayn took on a promotional schedule for the release week. Today, he’s decided to visit the 102.7 Kiis-FM radio station in order to promote his single and discuss what to expect from this era.

I: We are here with Zayn, hello there.

Z: Hello.

I: Nice to see you, thank you for coming today! How are you?
Z: Ah, thank you for having me, I’m glad to be here. I’m good, you know, going around the States and doing these interviews about my music, then going in the studio to work some more on it.

I: It must be exhausting.
Z: It is, but after some time you get used to it. And it pays off at the end of the day, I guess! What I really don’t like about the interviews is the road to the place where I’m supposed to go, you know. I start to feel anxious and scared and I’m ready to tap out and go back home. But I’m fine after I get the vibe and all that, haha.

I: I’m glad to hear that, then. Now, your new single, “Nights Go By”. Amazing track.
Z: Thank you! 

I: Tell us more about it.

Z: Well, I worked with amazing people on it. Christina Aguilera, my friend Maria Lisa, who helped me rewrite a song made by a hopeless 17 year old [laughs], Frank Dukes and Doc McKinney who were kind enough to work on the production of the song. Talented people, they literally turned a guitar track into what you’re hearing today. The song is basically about two people who feel something for each other and, while they know there is a small possibility that the feelings are mutual, they just don’t want to admit it.

I: Wow, is a lot to take in.

Z: Haha, yeah. But I think the song came out pretty accurate cus, when you like somebody, the whole thing feels like a storm in your mind. It’s like… you know what it is, but you have no clue how to say it out loud. And I wanted to capture that with the song.

I: You certainly did. Is the music video as… intense and confusing?
Z: The music video we have for the song is really highlighting the whole theme of the track. It is confusing, it is intense, it is very visually-appealing. Marc Webb directed it, great guy. We were, at first, really questioning what to do with the whole thing because we had this huge concept which involved a lot of money we didn’t have [laughs]. So we toned it down to a Quentin Tarantino-inspired thing that worked out more than we could’ve hoped.

I: What do you mean by that?
Z: Haha, I’d love to explain it to you now, but I’d rather keep everyone holding their breath until we have the final product. I mean, we have a final product, in some way, but it’s not what I was hoping for so we are reworking the whole thing. I’m pretty pretentious with my work, sadly [laughs].

I: I wouldn’t call that pretentiousness, it is just being protective of your work.
Z: Yeah, I guess. I can actually confirm that, I really am protective of my work. Not in the way that I can’t take criticism or kick someone in the face if they don’t like what I do with my music. That’s too over the top [laughs]. I tend to refuse to share it with people I don’t trust or want to trust, you know.

Z: Of course, that’s fair. Since you brought the subject, tell us more about your upcoming album.
Z: Yeah, my upcoming album is titled “Indentity Crisis” and it’s coming out in the following months. I had the opportunity of working with so many great people on it, from Frank Dukes, who also worked on “Nights Go By” and my previous album, to Illangelo, to James Blake and Greg Kurstin. I had a blast, really, and the final product comes off better than expected.

Z: But how did you manage to create a whole new album in less than 2 months?
Z: See, the thing is, I didn’t start the record from scratch. I had many songs that were rejects from “To Know Me Is To Love Me”. I made them before I thought what sound I want for that album, you know, and they came out great but didn’t fit in the whole aesthetic of the album. So, a week before the release, I decided that since the last album will probably get cut short, might as well start working on the next one. I, then, brought all these people to the studio, worked really hard, day and night, if you might!

I: And, so, all the songs are rejects?
Z:  Not really. There are like 4 – 5 tracks that I started working on from scratch and one, maybe two, will end up on the album. You see, I can produly say that I’m always in the studio when I don’t promote. Did that come across wrong, haha?

I: No, no, don’t worry.
Z: Okay, well yea. I’m always trying new things there and writing lyrics and melodies. What I want to try out more is producing. On “Identity Crisis” I had the honor to work on the production side of a track with a great artist, but it’s not really satisfying to not do it alone. This industry really encourages us, artists, to be more manufactured than have our own creative side and it sucks.

I: Well, thank you for coming today, Zayn.

Z: Thank you for having me, great to have been here.

I: Zayn’s new album, “Identity Crisis”, is available for pre-order and his new single, “Nights Go By”, is available now to purchase on iTunes and stream on Encore. Do you want to introduce your new track?
Z: Haha, yeah sure. Hey there, it’s Zayn and you are listening to my new song, “Nights Go By”, right here, on 102.7 Kiis-FM.

Zayn visits 102.7 Kiis-FM

hector    30,238

gHaPVIX.png

ARIANA GRANDE | BBC RADIO 1 | UNITED KINGDOM

Spoiler

WORKING WITH ZENDAYA + THEIR FRIENDSHIP

When the song “Bottle Games” was pitched by me from Halsey who wrote the song, I was with the feeling that I needed someone else to be on the track. I sat down one day in my house and started working on the lyrics, doing some changes and then that’s when I had the idea of making Zendaya be a part of the song. I just thought that she was a great addition to the album, she seemed right for the song as well and I called her and we talked about it for a while. We went then to the studio with Ilya who produced the song and we started doing the melodies of the song with him and then everything just had a natural flow, you know what I mean? Everything felt right and we were happy with the collaboration and how it turned out for us. This really helped my relationship with Zendaya, I was a friend of hers before we did the song but we didn’t had the close relationship we have right now, we text daily, we have a great time together and I just can say that she’s one of my biggest friends right now and that’s amazing because she’s so sweet and overall a great girl. I loved working with her and I’d love working with her in the future, can’t wait to see what she has been working for her album! 

ON HER ALBUM “ARIANA GRANDE”

This album means a lot to me, I worke don it as soon as I came back to Republic Records and we had timelines for our releases already set thanks to the whole mess that occurred with my previous music and I was so nervous because I didn’t knew what was going to happen in the end and then I just started writing music that I thought was fitting for the album thaat I had in mind. The first song was “Heaven and Hell”, which by the way, fun fact, was a song I wrote for Zayn [laughs] but it was totally different. The whole writing process of the album was so natural, so easy going and I was enjoying a lot every time I went to the studo to work on this album because my main goal was to give my fans the album I thought they deserved and that they wanted after how things where handled before, you know what I mean? And I think I did it rigth [laughs] My fans have been going crazy regarding the album and everything surrunding it and I’m so happy because this is what I wanted. It also won two Grammys! I was so happy when that happened, I still can’t believe it and I’m so thankful for all of this success. 

THE “BOTTLE GAMES” MUSIC VIDEO

It’s so fun! This had to be one of the funniet music videos I’ve ever done in terms of the time and everything that we did for it because I was with Zendaya and she’s such a funny girl honestly, I really loved working with her on the music video and going around the US filming it was also incredible. I worked on the music video once again wih Hannah Lux Davis, which have worked with me before and we are pretty big friend so as you can see I was literally just hanging with friends while the music video was on the works and I feel that you can see that happiness and fun we had on it. I also got to work with RuPaul and the girls from Drag Race which is a show I love and adore! I was so starstruk about RuPaul being on the set with me. We met when I was a guest judge on his show last year and we had a great time there and that was the day I asked him to be on the music video actually and he was so thrilled for it. I had a great time, I can’t believe the musi video also reached 300M views on CALTUBE! That’s so amazing and I’m so happy to see the everyone’s been enjoying so much the music video and the song. It’s amazing!

Ronlop    6,649
36 minutes ago, Hector said:

ARIANA GRANDE | BBC RADIO 1 | UNITED KINGDOM

Reveal hidden contents

WORKING WITH ZENDAYA + THEIR FRIENDSHIP

When the song “Bottle Games” was pitched by me from Halsey who wrote the song, I was with the feeling that I needed someone else to be on the track. I sat down one day in my house and started working on the lyrics, doing some changes and then that’s when I had the idea of making Zendaya be a part of the song. I just thought that she was a great addition to the album, she seemed right for the song as well and I called her and we talked about it for a while. We went then to the studio with Ilya who produced the song and we started doing the melodies of the song with him and then everything just had a natural flow, you know what I mean? Everything felt right and we were happy with the collaboration and how it turned out for us. This really helped my relationship with Zendaya, I was a friend of hers before we did the song but we didn’t had the close relationship we have right now, we text daily, we have a great time together and I just can say that she’s one of my biggest friends right now and that’s amazing because she’s so sweet and overall a great girl. I loved working with her and I’d love working with her in the future, can’t wait to see what she has been working for her album! 

ON HER ALBUM “ARIANA GRANDE”

This album means a lot to me, I worke don it as soon as I came back to Republic Records and we had timelines for our releases already set thanks to the whole mess that occurred with my previous music and I was so nervous because I didn’t knew what was going to happen in the end and then I just started writing music that I thought was fitting for the album thaat I had in mind. The first song was “Heaven and Hell”, which by the way, fun fact, was a song I wrote for Zayn [laughs] but it was totally different. The whole writing process of the album was so natural, so easy going and I was enjoying a lot every time I went to the studo to work on this album because my main goal was to give my fans the album I thought they deserved and that they wanted after how things where handled before, you know what I mean? And I think I did it rigth [laughs] My fans have been going crazy regarding the album and everything surrunding it and I’m so happy because this is what I wanted. It also won two Grammys! I was so happy when that happened, I still can’t believe it and I’m so thankful for all of this success. 

THE “BOTTLE GAMES” MUSIC VIDEO

It’s so fun! This had to be one of the funniet music videos I’ve ever done in terms of the time and everything that we did for it because I was with Zendaya and she’s such a funny girl honestly, I really loved working with her on the music video and going around the US filming it was also incredible. I worked on the music video once again wih Hannah Lux Davis, which have worked with me before and we are pretty big friend so as you can see I was literally just hanging with friends while the music video was on the works and I feel that you can see that happiness and fun we had on it. I also got to work with RuPaul and the girls from Drag Race which is a show I love and adore! I was so starstruk about RuPaul being on the set with me. We met when I was a guest judge on his show last year and we had a great time there and that was the day I asked him to be on the music video actually and he was so thrilled for it. I had a great time, I can’t believe the musi video also reached 300M views on CALTUBE! That’s so amazing and I’m so happy to see the everyone’s been enjoying so much the music video and the song. It’s amazing!

Will include your article on the next update :) 

ryjapo    3,300

@Ronlop Sam Smith's album Pink Days (pre-order) is missing from the iTunes album charts 

Ronlop    6,649
Just now, ryjapo said:

@Ronlop Sam Smith's album Pink Days (pre-order) is missing from the iTunes album charts 

I'll add it. Thanks for telling me. 

ryjapo    3,300
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

I'll add it. Thanks for telling me. 

no prob :) 

could i get an updated number of preorders for the album? last update i got was 60,000 on Jan 1st n

Mr. Mendes    2,575

@Ronlop @Hector Seeing Shawn have a top 10 world wide iTunes placement and #13 album pre-order is amazing! You two have encouraged me a lot along the way and helped me grow and I just wanted to say that :) 

ryjapo    3,300

SPg2ZW5.jpg

The album was originally meant to be released this Friday (Feb 16th).

However, with the break we had in the game, it makes sense for my plans/schedule to push the release back.

@Ronlop

Mr. Mendes    2,575

Is Shawn's album pre-order being at #13 on the album chart a good thing or what? I've don't know what's considered good on the album charts pre-order wise haha

Mr. Mendes    2,575

SHAWNwebsite.png

SHAWN MENDES ON PRIMARADIO NAPOLI ITALY

france-interview-nrj-shawn-mendes-Favim.

After some time, Shawn Mendes has officially broken into the fold as a top 10 artist. His debut single "It All Comes Back to This" is currently #9 on the iTunes World Wide chart. Elsewhere, he is comfortably in the top 20 with the song sitting at #14 on the radio charts and #12 on the iTunes U.S. charts. The song has earned Shawn positive responses from his audience as well as critics and his peers. At 19, Shawn appears to be setting the stage to become the next major male artist. 

• ON THE UNEXPECTED SUCCESS OF HIS SINGLE 

"It honestly surprised me like it surprised everyone else! I know that debut singles don't always fare well. Some times it just takes time for audiences to accept a new artist, especially when they've been known for something else. Being a Vine star first kind of put me into an odd position with the public outside of the internet. But I've really been welcomed by the audiences around the globe and that's something I'm so thankful for. My label has been so supportive as well. I have to credit Sony with some of my success. They've allowed to flourish as I see fit. Seeing my song on a major chart in that position is something I never thought I'd see. It's something I couldn't have imagined myself being a part of. I know that there was an expectation of failure from many people, and I'll admit I sometimes felt it myself. But with some work and care, I think that I've proven that I can handle this."

• ON HIS UPCOMING SECOND SINGLE "SWEETEST SIN"

"Sweetest Sin" is the second single from the album and it will be the last single released before the album comes out. This song is one of my personal favorites on the album. The sound, the style, the production. It all combines into one of the strongest tracks on the album. This song is inspired by one of the most significant moments of my early teenage years. I had this amazing relationship with a beautiful and kind girl. However, her parents strongly disliked me. We kept the relationship secret. It didn't turn into anything long lasting but she and I are still good friends. It was that relationship that showed me what the power of potential love held. What I was willing to sacrifice, what I was willing to do in order to make someone else and myself happy. The song is on the middle section of the album which features songs that are about learning who you are, learning your mind and your body and your soul."

• ON THE NEW RELEASE DATE OF HIS ALBUM

"We did have to delay on label request but I understand why. The album is finished but we felt that the original release date was not the best slot. We've got a new date picked out which I will be announcing soon. Today actually! I was little hesitant to delay because that typically makes audiences believe that there was a problem with the music when that isn't the case. I've not done any more work on the album since it was finished at the start of last month. There was just so much happening around the original release date. And now that the debut single has reached the high position it's in now, it seems to be for the better to have delayed for the time being."

"IT ALL COMES BACK TO THIS" PLAYS FOLLOWED BY A REMINDER TO PRE-ORDER THE RESISTANCE