Archive: Season 8

Ronlop    6,682

glastonbury_festival_logo_block.png

CAL GLASTONBURY 2018

FEB 18- FEB 20

@Bleachella @Harry_CAL @Jon.

Lorde, Lana Del Rey and Mariah Carey are the headliners. 

You get to choose 7 performers out of the ones chosen to perform in your day. 

The official performers:

@8Bit Heart- Beyonce

@Robert. - Maxence

@Cosmic- Charli XCX

@Surrealism- Zendaya

@Hector- Brendon Urie

@marsblyr- Adele

@Harry Styles- Harry Styles

@Maria- Christina Aguilera

@Hector- Britney Spears

@Beauty Queen- Halsey

@Edu- Lindsay Lohan

@Hector- Belinda

@Joanne- Nick Jonas

@Maria- Zayn

@Love So Soft- Kelly Clarkson

@Lucky17- Celine Dion

@Kuba- Katy Perry

@Eglė @tigerlily13- Strawberry Blonde

@ryjapo- Sam Smith

@timothee- Carly Rae Jepsen

@RebelHeart15- Shawn Mendes (Even though he doesn't appear in the video)

You all need to make an article about the performance of your artist. Have it ready by next week!

You post all of your articles next week in this thread.

Ronlop    6,682

Here are how performers will be divided:

FEB 18- SUNDAY (DAY 1)

Spoiler

Headliner: Lorde

Strawberry Blonde

Sam Smith

Shawn Mendes

Nick Jonas

Lindsay Lohan

Christina Aguilera

Adele

FEB 19- MONDAY (DAY 2)

Spoiler

Headliner: Mariah Carey

Brendon Urie

2. Celine Dion

3. Zayn

4. Zendaya

5. Carly Rae Jepsen

6. Katy Perry

7. Britney Spears

FEB 20- TUESDAY (DAY 3)

Spoiler

Headliner: Lana Del Rey

Beyonce
Kelly Clarkson
Harry Styles
Maxence
Charli XCX
Halsey
Belinda

tigerlily13    2,331

lmao these tweets don't embed but SB canceled with this memo:

@SELENAGOMEZCAL and I were announced as performers at this year's Glastonbury festival but however due to logistical issues and miscommunication we're unfortunately going to have to withdraw from performing at the event. Keep in mind the reason we are dropping from the festival is due to the fact that new material is on the way and it's currently not the right moment for us to share it with you. However, please stay tuned.

- Emma 

Kuba    13,477

FREE - UK

hyXzTyu.png

Spoiler

Hello and welcome to Kiss FM! I’m John Howard and today I am joined by the lovely Katy Perry whose latest single “Disco Fling” has already got millions dancing. How are you this very fine evening Katy?

Excited but insanely tired! The joys of travelling around the world. How about yourself?

Better now that I’m in your presence. So tell me, what has been the life of Katy Perry like the past few days?

It’s been very exhilarating! Whenever you drop any song, there’s always some uncertainty around it. You worry whether people will like it or not and what you will do if it doesn’t reach expectations! With this one, I felt the exact same way. However, the reception has been so warm so far. It’s just wonderful when you put out something that you love, and others love it too!

That’s brilliant. So is this the lead for your new album?

Yes I think it is! The album is constantly changing, I don’t even have a concrete release timeframe. However, Disco Fling represents the brightness, the fun and happiness of the potential songs for the album. I don’t think any other song could sum it up nearly as well!

So will the other songs be club bangers?

You bet! There’s a lot of upbeat stuff. My main inspiration for this album is dance music. Funnily enough, a lot of these songs started as really basic guitar tunes, but I wanted something more. Go big or go home!

Will we hear any of these new songs at Glatsonbury? We just got the news that you’re performing!

You’ll definitely hear a song or two. However, I’m not fully sure. Festivals are tricky. As handy as they are for showcasing your new work, you also have to remember that not all of these people are there for you. And so that you’re keeping everyone entertained, you must perform songs that these people may know! How much new stuff there is really depends on how much time I have to perform!

Can you already envisage the stage? What will the visuals be like?

Definitely. Being a pop star at a festival requires a lot of powerful imagery and a narrative, I mean, on that stage you’re not a singer-songwriter anymore, you’re an entertainer. People can stand there for hours, and you want to be the reason that they want to keep standing. Visuals play a huge part in that. If my vocals don’t fly by you, that’s okay, if my humour doesn’t stick that’s fine. But enjoy the show. You want everyone to leave and remember at least one part of the performance. That being said, I have plans already and I can’t wait to perform!

You mention here that visuals are important for pop stars on stage, is that similar for videos and the likes?

Of course! When you record a video for a single, you don’t want to record it just for the sake of having one. Your audience deserves better, and most importantly your work deserves better too. It’s a great way to let people know about your world without forcing them into it. Disco Fling’s video is underway, and I know in my core that it represents everything that the song stands for, at least for me!

I was just to ask about the video. Always two steps ahead! But yeah, what can we expect from the video?

Lots and lots of lights (laughs) It will be vert bright. Classic Katy!

Finally, are there any artists that we should be on the lookout for?

Charli XCX. I have a feeling that her next era will be huge!

We agree! Thanks for talking to me Katy. I’m sure fans are eager to hear me stop talking and to listen to your new single. Ladies and Gentlemen, “Disco Fling” by Katy Perry!

Mr. Mendes    2,620
2 hours ago, Ronlop said:

glastonbury_festival_logo_block.png

CAL GLASTONBURY 2018

FEB 18- FEB 20

@Bleachella @Harry_CAL @Jon.

Lorde, Lana Del Rey and Mariah Carey are the headliners. 

You get to choose 7 performers out of the ones chosen to perform in your day. 

The official performers:

@8Bit Heart- Beyonce

@Robert. - Maxence

@Cosmic- Charli XCX

@Surrealism- Zendaya

@Hector- Brendon Urie

@marsblyr- Adele

@Harry Styles- Harry Styles

@Maria- Christina Aguilera

@Hector- Britney Spears

@Beauty Queen- Halsey

@Edu- Lindsay Lohan

@Hector- Belinda

@Joanne- Nick Jonas

@Maria- Zayn

@Love So Soft- Kelly Clarkson

@Lucky17- Celine Dion

@Kuba- Katy Perry

@Eglė @tigerlily13- Strawberry Blonde

@ryjapo- Sam Smith

@timothee- Carly Rae Jepsen

@RebelHeart15- Shawn Mendes (Even though he doesn't appear in the video)

You all need to make an article about the performance of your artist. Have it ready by next week!

You post all of your articles next week in this thread.

About how long is a performance that’s not a headline?