Create A Label: Season 8

Hector    24,751

9j6ATog.png

MALUMA ON LA PODEROSA FM | UNITED STATES

Spoiler

Your album “Maniac” is getting closer and closer to reach 1 billion streams on Encore which means it’ll be the first album to do that! It’s a huge thing to have, especially when you’re literally a new artist. Must feel good to see people loving your music!

It is! It is going to reach 1 billion streams soon, I’m so glad to see that many people have been interested on streaming my album this much I’m just mind-blown too! I worked on “Maniac” first as an EP when I just released “Bad Habits” so watching it have this huge thing going on and making this be such a huge album too everywhere make sme very happy. I took the right decision on leaving the EP on the side and just work on it as a whole album instead and I’m glad that everyone loved it. I never expected to see so many people streamign my song like that, like even the album track shave over 30 million streams and that’s such a huge deal to me! It means the world to see how people are just embracing this project I worked so hard on. Working on “Maniac” was a challenge at first because I wanted to show the world how can I have a new sound and sound fresh, leaving the Reggaeton past behind but I just couldn’t because I wanted my Latin heritage to be present on the album and that’s how songs like “Fuego”, “Maniac”, “Goddess” where made and I’m glad I did, people love them. Thank you to everyone who has been streaming “Maniac” on Encore, keep streaming it! Help me get it to 1 billion streams [laughs] 

The “Maniac (Like That)” music video has been released and we gotta say.. We love it! You could capture the essence and how vibrant our community is and we really appreciate it. Talk to us about it!

Oh man, that’s so nice to know! Thank you so much for that comment, it really made my day get even better I just love to hear that comming from someone from our community, it means the world. I wanted it to be like that, I wanted this music video to show how fun and vibrant the Latin community is no matter if we’re rich or poor, we just want to have a great time and we work hard. I wanted to give that cute view about the Latin community because I feel that it’s so abd represented in the media and I wanted to change that. I know that one music video wont change that though, I’m highkey sure it wont but I wanted to give that push, I wanted to use my platform to give this new look on the Laitn community and I hope it works. I haven’t checked out Caltube, I haven’t read any comments yet about the music video because I’ve been very busy this past couple of days but I really hope that everyone’s enjoying it and I hope that everyone sees what I wanted to do with this video. The video is now on Caltube for the ones who didn’t knew about it and you can see it there! Stream it as many times as you can! 

Your “Maniac World Tour” is selling so great, you’ve been killing it! You’re going to perform here soon so I’m so excited to go see you. What can we expect from the show?

It’s been such an incredible ride this tour, I have been working on it for months so it finally coming makes me very excited. I’ve been working with Es Devlin on the tour staging and on the whole design and colorus for it and it looks amazing. I wanted this tour to be atour my fans would remember, I wanted this to make such an impression on my fans that they would remember it forever. The tour has been selling well around the globe and that makes me super happy! I’m working on tour dates for the Latin American leg of the tour and I can’t wait to reveal them this week. You can get your tickets now on Caltube! I’m coming to the US very soon, hope I see everyone there!

Hector    24,751

kmdGg6l.png

MALUMA ON JOSE FM | UNITED STATES

Spoiler

“De Rumba!” is a playlist that has been getting a lot of attention lately and it just hit 3 million followers, like you on Encore! Congratulations. Can you talk to us about the playlist?

Eyyy, thank you! I just saw that when I was coming over here. I’m veyr excited and happy to see that the fans ahve been loving the playlist so much this week! There are a lot of cool artists that I love and enjoy so much and that I wanted my fans to listen to this week. The idea of the playlist is to have this selected group of songs that to me are great and that have this party feeling to it, that’s why songs like ‘Attitude” from Katy Perry are there, she has such an incredible song right now that makes me wanna dance non-stop so I thought it fits with the whole theme of the playlist. I know many peole thought that the playlist was only for Latin artist but it’s for everyone actually! I know that the name is what made many people think about that but the playlist’s name translates to “To Party!” in English if I wanna be so literal [laughs] but that’s the whole thematic from the playlist and I am very thrilled to see that 3 mmillion people have followed it now on Encore. I’m very grateful! If you haven’t go follow it now!

You just were announced as a performer at the VMAs! That’s so incredible, we just saw the announcement on Twitter and we’re really excited to see you and Belinda performing. What can we expect from it?

YES! YES! I’m so excited this is happening, Oh my God. This is going to be my first performance ever with my music in an award show and I find this so extremely exciting! I couldn’t contain my happiness when I saw this on Twitter I was like, over the moon! Performing at the VMAs has always been a dream of mine, I loved watching the show when I was a kid and see this incredible iconic performances happen. I’m working with Es Devlin on the performance now and we had some pretty cool concepts about the performance and what we wanted to do with it. It’s looking pretty good and we’re waiting for Belinda to get better so she can come to the rehearsals with us. But we have so many crazy stuff going on for the performance and there’s going to be such big surprises for everyone who’s going to tune into the award show so I gotta say that this is a performance you won’t want to miss.. I hope everyone tunes in this Saturday and that y’all love what we’ve been working on! I can’t wait to see many cool people like Beyoncé take the stage too, I bet it’s going to be so crazy!

“Bad Habits” is very near to become the first song by a male artist to reach over 10 million copies worldwide. Are you happy with how the song was received?

Wow.. I know, that’s such a huge deal! The song has sold so far 8.6 million copies worldwide and I’m just amazed that I can even think about the song being near of giving me my first Diamond certification. “Bad Habits” was a song that surprised everyone, even myself. I would’ve never thought that my debut single would be this massive song that even got me a GRAMMY Nomination, like, this song just means the world to me and watching how people are still giving it lots of love on Encore and even on iTunes makes me very, very happy. The first anniversary of the song is coming very soon, in August and I want to give this song a cool “birthday” treatment so we’ll see what happens because I’ve been throwing ideas here and there to see what could I do to surprise my fans with this and to give them something nice to have. “Bad Habits” was discounted this week for the ones who don’t know so go check it out on iTunes and get the song now! 

Hector    24,751

OMG ARIANA, MALUMA, SHAKIRA, PANIC! AT THE DISCO BEING NOMINATED FOR THE IRL VMAS giveup2 republic records even wins irl UGH WOOO! Go vote girls