Dennis Reynolds

Red Dead Redemption 2

1 hour ago, Dan said:

OH my god. This is actually incredible. I would love to play that. It would be great to see the stories of Jack and Abigail played out and this sounds perfect. I also love both Bonnie and Sadie, so it would be amazing to know more about them and see where they go. If this becomes a reality, I would be so happy - if not, then you need to go work at Rockstar! :D

Haha, thanks. I think it kinda writes itself to some extent - I always wondered how Jack managed to become the equal of John Marston in only three years, and when I saw that Sadie was the only protagonist that wasn't planning on settling down, it immediately made me think that she had something to do with Jack's transformation, and her plans to head to South America are a great opportunity for a new setting. It also has to involve true redemption, otherwise the meaning of the series' title is lost, and who better than the 4 year old kid who loved animals, flowers and books transformed into a reckless killer to get Sadie to see that something is wrong? The main problem, I think, is how it's long enough for a whole game. Maybe there's a villain introduced in the South America setting before Jack returns and kills Ross that resurfaces in 1914 America whose criminal presence has spread, and Sadie's primary goal is to stop it, and instead of dying she sorts of walks off into the sunset specific fate unknown, but with a positive undertone.

The one other idea I have is that since you had the option to kill Edgar Ross' wife and brother along with him or to just let them be, there could be a line in this game where Jack tells Sadie "I found Edgar Ross...his wife and brother too..." with some remorse in his voice, which leaves it ambiguous and could mean that he murdered them too, or just killed Ross anyway knowing he would leave them to mourn him.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Oh, cool. If they do make a whole new campaign involving zombies, I hope they do an independent release for it like Undead Nightmare instead of it solely being something you have to download. 

And not zombies, but I did definitely see a ghost train while I was playing rip3 

24 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Not super surprised, but yeah, it is lame rip2 Here's hoping they'll do a third game in seven years.

Hopefully fall1 

I don't enjoy the online version of this, and I don't think it's why most people like the Red Dead series. 
This just seems like a money grab, since they can snatch people's money for in-game items and what-not laughcry1 

But, they could've easily gotten $20 out of me for DLC. 

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Dan have you played this recently? I took up the main story again oprah15 I'm kinda interested in seeing if I can find the right clothes to make Arthur resemble Raylan Givens from Justified chi1 

I load it up all the time and just run around when I'm bored and do the sidequests ny5 

Really wanting to restart the main story again though!

@Dennis Reynolds Have you played God Of War or Horizon Zero Dawn? I'm about halfway through God Of War right now, it's a gorgeous game.. find the combat system a bit shit though, story is good. Horizon Zero Dawn I'm really early in, so I don't have too much of an opinion yet but it seems good. 

2 hours ago, Dan said:

@Dennis Reynolds Have you played God Of War or Horizon Zero Dawn? I'm about halfway through God Of War right now, it's a gorgeous game.. find the combat system a bit shit though, story is good. Horizon Zero Dawn I'm really early in, so I don't have too much of an opinion yet but it seems good. 

Funny, I just recently bought the God of War Collection on PS3, haven't played any of them yet though. But I'm assuming you mean the newest game - might play that eventually but I'm more keen on the originals because I find Greek mythology more interesting than Norse mythology.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Funny, I just recently bought the God of War Collection on PS3, haven't played any of them yet though. But I'm assuming you mean the newest game - might play that eventually but I'm more keen on the originals because I find Greek mythology more interesting than Norse mythology.

Omg mess.. I didn't even realize it was a series ny4 

But yeah, story-wise it'd be great so if there's one featuring Greek mythology, I'm sure it's fantastic. 

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Omg mess.. I didn't even realize it was a series ny4 

But yeah, story-wise it'd be great so if there's one featuring Greek mythology, I'm sure it's fantastic. 

Yeah on the thing I have there's a trilogy of games showcasing Greek mythology (along with two mostly likely long expired DLCs I think) and the newest one is a reboot that switched the mythology to Norse.

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

WHERE?????

West of Van Horn rip2 It's called "Manmade Mutant" if you want more info rip2 I like to imagine this genetic horror was the Bright Bouncing Boy guy's first attempt at a Frankenstein creation.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, Dan said:

WHERE?????

Did you ever interact with that Bloody Benders type couple (the incestuous brother and sister that are really chummy at first but poison you, in other words)? Met them for the first time recently and that was a pretty cool random encounter!

Also accidentally killed my horse throwing dynamite at a train brit15 Might name my next one Kingship II in its memory!

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Did you ever interact with that Bloody Benders type couple (the incestuous brother and sister that are really chummy at first but poison you, in other words)? Met them for the first time recently and that was a pretty cool random encounter!

Yessss this was literally one of the most memorable parts of the whole game ny4  I loved the encounter and closed the application a few times w/o saving to try different interactions with it.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Also accidentally killed my horse throwing dynamite at a train brit15 Might name my next one Kingship II in its memory!

I-

Horses and explosives don't go too well together mad1 

54 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yessss this was literally one of the most memorable parts of the whole game ny4  I loved the encounter and closed the application a few times w/o saving to try different interactions with it.

I-

Horses and explosives don't go too well together mad1 

Yeah what happened is I was riding the horse while throwing it, but my aim was of fun and I killed myself/my horse rip2 I was hoping the horse might resurrect since we died at the same time, but nope rip2 Shouldn't have left it on auto save.

7 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah what happened is I was riding the horse while throwing it, but my aim was of fun and I killed myself/my horse rip2 I was hoping the horse might resurrect since we died at the same time, but nope rip2 Shouldn't have left it on auto save.

Messsss fall1 

Was it an Arabian? I remember I dropped mine off a bridge accidentally and I was destroyed cry4