Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

KYL#1E Speaks On Legal Battle With Secondary Television Personality

The world basically cheered when you won a tussle against Kylie Jenner over the trademarking of "Kylie." What can you tell us about that?

I've never met Kylie Jenner. I've never met any member of the family – actually, I've met Kendall just in passing at a fashion event – but I honestly don't know them. It's awkward, because fans get so loyal and vocal, and we love that! But it was nothing personal at all, I'm at pains to say.

Trademark is long, it's boring, it's expensive, and it's really important. I've been doing that for years and years. It was just causing confusion with customers. As long as it's clear, then we can all win. What was upsetting to me was that there was – they attributed a quote to me –

Yeah, "A secondary reality television personality who appeared on the television series Keeping Up With the Kardashians as a supporting character" whose "photographic exhibitionism and controversial posts" on social media "have drawn criticism from, e.g., the Disability Rights and African-American communities."
Can you imagine me saying that?! That was just unfortunate that that is how those lawyers speak. So I genuinely hope that it's understood: That certainly did not come from me. Good news is, that's all wrapped up, we didn't have to go to court. That's all done. And I'm sure I'll meet them one day. The weird thing is, in America, when I am there, they would never introduce me just as "Kylie"; it's still "Kylie Minogue." It took so long for people to get my name in the first place. "Kyle?" "No, Kyle-E!"

Humble chanteuse just came through!

giphy.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.