Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

Rose McGowan Goes Off On Transgender Activist During Book Signing

4 minutes ago, Honey said:

Whoa okay but if you read the full article she had a right to be pissed off. That woman yelling at her is a total bitch. Awful. 

Agreed. I kinda live for her ruthlessness lately

4 minutes ago, Honey said:

That’s super powerful. I had no idea she was such a large part of the movement. 

She was one of Harvey Weinstein’s accusers, one of the first ones if I remember correctly

6 minutes ago, Hylia said:

She was one of Harvey Weinstein’s accusers, one of the first ones if I remember correctly

Oh wow. I guess I should pay closer attention. Hollywood is so insane right now. 

14 minutes ago, Infrared said:

literally how did she get so rotten dead4 

Well, aside from Weinstein, she was also a teenage runaway who emancipated herself from her parents and later joined a cult. While I sympathize with the difficult life she's led, it frankly seems to have caused her to view life through a damaged lens on the world in general, with a "me vs. them" outlook on virtually everything I've ever heard her talk about. That sort of antagonism gets old after a while, and her obvious desire for personal attention doesn't help either.

Again though, I'd say I side with her in this particular situation.

okay i liked her to some point but recently she's just losing it completely, shes clearly in some state of depression, in this case i dont blame her for going off, but thats lil too much.

She makes herself some kind of SJ hero, but thing is shes not exactly crystal clear herself (supporting convicted pedophile, bitching about gays etc)and thats what bothers me with her, also that quick run for cashing $$$ of recent events is lil um3 

I don't doubt that her activism comes from a genuine desire to change the system but she has a transparently narcissistic need to be seen as a leader of the sexual assault revolution and that self importance is rather off-putting. Also her comments stating that anyone who didn't vote for Hillary hates women and that the entirety of middle america is a poison are the kind of sweeping statements that do nothing but give her misplaced rage some validation. Let's also not forget she conveniently dismissed her work with Victor Salva and hasn't mentioned it since. 

And I don't really see her comments regarding Alyssa Milano @Hylia as 'ruthless' but rather an enemy by association mentality. 'Don't you think I know these people?' tells us nothing. Since divulging her past I do empathise with her but she comes across as someone who just likes to hear the sound of their own voice.

31 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

And I don't really see her comments regarding Alyssa Milano @Hylia as 'ruthless' but rather an enemy by association mentality. 'Don't you think I know these people?' tells us nothing. Since divulging her past I do empathise with her but she comes across as someone who just likes to hear the sound of their own voice.

I haven’t kept up too much with everything that’s been going on with her, but I definitely see your point. I’ve never watched Charmed, so I’m essentially clueless when it comes to the cast and their relationships with each other.

Honestly, I know she may seem a little high strung and "crazy", but Rose McGowan has had to deal with a lot, especially as the first woman to come out and accuse Harvey Weinstein. The heckler obviously was just trying to make trouble. Rose didn't seem to display any transphobia or anything. 

10 hours ago, anxiety said:

The "trans" activist in question has been outed as a serial sexual abuser and pedophile who's into young girls. oprah14

You can take the woman out of the man... oprah14 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.