Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Most vicious pop star backlash

Most vicious pop star backlash   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Most vicious pop star backlash

• Christina Aguilera “Bionic” era
    • Lady Gaga “ArtPop” era
    • Katy Perry “Witness” era
    • Justin Timberlake “Man of the Woods” era

4 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Britney 

Britney’s meltdown was never a backlash. It was the media pounding on a mentally ill entertainer. Xtina, Gaga, Katy, Gaga and JT were lucid and fully functional during these eras. The media and general public takedown deflated their egos since they   pushed these eras out as their latest form of artistic expression. 

Honestly? Katy. It's crazy to see how the GP and even some of her fans said "no" this era. It's just been a mess since the day "Chained To The Rhythm" was released and the dragging hasn't even stopped yet.

Just now, M3L155AX said:

but this was intended though ....

OT: katy. every since BA was released, she never been the same 

Intended or not - none of the backlash from this decade is close to the backlash Madonna got by releasing Erotica xtina11

But if I had to pick from the ones in the poll I'd go for Katy tbh jj3

Did anyone even pay attention to XTina during Bionic? Gaga was hardly even being dragged by the media. She just flopped and had a massive meltdown.

Now, Katy and Justin were taken down for political reasons. Katy had several people feeding her takedown especially after she admitted to be a Democrat and went more and more political. She had Republicans like Taylor and many right-wing influenced media outlets bash her. Besides that, she wasn’t confident enough to fully go for a more mature image and release the better songs from Witness. She went for the rent-a-rapper songs and black people of course dragged her for it.

Justin has been dragged by black audiences since the cery beginning of his career. Him getting a spot over Janet who has exceeded her expiration date a long time ago anyway didn’t help. It’s the same old story...if a white male gets the big stage these days, he’s being taken down for being mediocre, lame, white privilege etc. This was most definitely an issue of race because he got a second chance over a black female. 

16 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Justin has been dragged by black audiences since the cery beginning of his career. Him getting a spot over Janet who has exceeded her expiration date a long time ago anyway didn’t help. It’s the same old story...if a white male gets the big stage these days, he’s being taken down for being mediocre, lame, white privilege etc. This was most definitely an issue of race because he got a second chance over a black female. 

Hmm... what about his album being bad? jj3

10 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Hmm... what about his album being bad? jj3

All of the 4 albums were called “bad” however that is rather subjective and therefore I didn’t consider that. It may have been a factor but not the only one.

1 hour ago, Salvatore said:

Did anyone even pay attention to XTina during Bionic? Gaga was hardly even being dragged by the media. She just flopped and had a massive meltdown.

Now, Katy and Justin were taken down for political reasons. Katy had several people feeding her takedown especially after she admitted to be a Democrat and went more and more political. She had Republicans like Taylor and many right-wing influenced media outlets bash her. Besides that, she wasn’t confident enough to fully go for a more mature image and release the better songs from Witness. She went for the rent-a-rapper songs and black people of course dragged her for it.

I fully agree. Even Katy herself said that if you attempt to go political, and you don't do it fully right, people will drop you so fast. She not only lost a big chunk of her republican stans, she also lost a lot from her own audience that didn't believe that she was doing everything justice. In a way, it might be good that they pulled the plug on the campaign rather quickly. I mean, I don't think she'll ever fully recover from it, but the album will be more so remembered for its flop singles rather than her attempt at purposeful pop. dead2 

On 2/7/2018 at 10:37 AM, Urbanov said:

Intended or not - none of the backlash from this decade is close to the backlash Madonna got by releasing Erotica xtina11

But if I had to pick from the ones in the poll I'd go for Katy tbh jj3

like I said .. intended. She asked for it sia1

2 hours ago, Systemagic said:

Deserved: Witness, Ratpop

Undeserved: Biconic, Dad of the Woods

But Xtina, obviously, everyone gave her hell cry9

lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.