Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

Quincy Jones on Baysic Swift: We need more songs, not hooks

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/music/quincy-jones-taylor-swift-songwriting-2231617

Did he lie? nat2 Let's face it, it's been a while since this quote from Quincy was true for Tay:

“a great song can make the worst singer in the world a star”

She had her moment with 1989, which served bops and was covered in its entirety because they were actually strong songs. But Reputation? trash1 She's used the same formula over and over again and exposed herself as a basic singer and songwriter. Not even Ed Sheeran ( jj4 ) could save ha ny1 

2 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Taylor is a pretty good songwriter, though. The problem is, she has been focusing on hooks and formulas recently. Working with Max Martin and Jack Antonoff really stunted her songwriting abilities, in my opinion. 

Isn’t Jack Antonoff a good songwriter though? Or am I thinking of something else 

nvm I was thinking of someone else rip4 

1 hour ago, frankgutz said:

Never liked her or cared about her tbh, even the girls i use to say shit on BG like Madge have great records, Taylor is so bland and boring for me like dead2   even fucking Jessie J is better lmao

The SLANDER scream2 

1 hour ago, frankgutz said:

Never liked her or cared about her tbh, even the girls i use to say shit on BG like Madge have great records, Taylor is so bland and boring for me like dead2   even fucking Jessie J is better lmao

Jessie J can actually sing though. Taylor can't. End of story.

1 hour ago, Reputation said:

No one cares what Quincy Jones says

Oop I guess the media does seeing as his quotes are being used left-right-and-centre 

On 2/7/2018 at 6:41 PM, LÉON said:

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/music/quincy-jones-taylor-swift-songwriting-2231617

Did he lie? nat2 Let's face it, it's been a while since this quote from Quincy was true for Tay:

She had her moment with 1989, which served bops and was covered in its entirety because they were actually strong songs. But Reputation? trash1 She's used the same formula over and over again and exposed herself as a basic singer and songwriter. Not even Ed Sheeran ( jj4 ) could save ha ny1 

Having now listened to Reptilian and Loser at length, I can confirm she has used the same formulas since at least 1989 (inb4 "so has Madge") and most of Loser is tiring because of it lol3

22 minutes ago, LÉON said:

Having now listened to Reptilian and Loser at length, I can confirm she has used the same formulas since at least 1989 (inb4 "so has Madge") and most of Loser is tiring because of it lol3

um1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.