Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

frankgutz

Madonna has won Nine Golden Raspberry Awards, why??

Just now, QueenCedar101 said:

IMO, her older films were better. It was where she showed her real acting potential. She was very good in Selena, Out Of Sight, heck, even Money Train. I think she started going down after Maid In Manhattan. I personally think she can act, it's just that she goes in the cheesy rom-coms and the half-job films.

(Though she did do a good job on Parker. Her role in that is so underrated Same thing with An Unfinished Life and El Cantante).

SHOOK at your breadth of knowledge about JfLOp films shock1 Do you think her acting capabilities waned as her music career took off?

Just now, Modern Woman said:

SHOOK at your breadth of knowledge about JfLOp films shock1 Do you think her acting capabilities waned as her music career took off?

XD Well, it depends on how you see it. I see people say that she's a better actress than a singer. Maybe if she had focus on acting, she might would be better at it and have gotten more serious roles. I'm not saying she's the best actress, but even with that being said, she's definitely not as bad as people make out to be. I think she's really good on Shades of Blue and I would love to see her act in more serious film roles.

12 minutes ago, QueenCedar101 said:

IMO, her older films were better. It was where she showed her real acting potential. She was very good in Selena, Out Of Sight, heck, even Money Train. I think she started going down after Maid In Manhattan. I personally think she can act, it's just that she goes in the cheesy rom-coms and the half-job films.

(Though she did do a good job on Parker. Her role in that is so underrated. Same thing with An Unfinished Life and El Cantante).

i remember her old work at  Enough?  i think that one was lowkey good,  and The Cell was a mess but i enjoyed it

3 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

i remember her old work at  Enough?  i think that one was lowkey good,  and The Cell was a mess but i enjoyed it

Oh yeah. I've heard people say that movie is good. The Cell to me was confusing, but the makeup and costumes were on point.

I haven't seen Madonna's movies, so I can't give an honest opinion on it.

1 minute ago, QueenCedar101 said:

Oh yeah. I've heard people say that movie is good. The Cell to me was confusing, but the makeup and costumes were on point.

I haven't seen Madonna's movies, so I can't give an honest opinion on it.

me neither and i dont know if i want to tbh, i just wanted some drama since we had like 100000 Gaga hate threads, it was payback time alex1

1 minute ago, frankgutz said:

me neither and i dont know if i want to tbh, i just wanted some drama since we had like 100000 Gaga hate threads, it was payback time alex1

ny12

Still waiting for that "Payback" and so far nothing.  Keep traying sis, Oh and again try not to break a hip in the process  ayumi1

4 minutes ago, frankgutz said:

I understand. I could see her movies and judge my thoughts, but after what she said about the White House, I don't know if I will. I can't support possible terrorists in my house.

2 minutes ago, ICEQueen said:

ny12

Still waiting for that "Payback" and so far nothing.  Keep traying sis, Oh and again try not to break a hip in the process  ayumi1

as if the 100 weak threads about the tour were groundbreaking or something sha1

Because she's terrible, lol. She had a few good performances but that's not enough to convince us that she's good overall. Dangerous Game was the closest she came to being taken seriously as an actress.

She sticks out too much and she can't really blend in, what works for her on stage is her achilles' heel in modern film, she's good with expressions but whenever she opens her mouth she ruins it lmao, she'd be fantastic in silent films, I think.

11 hours ago, petedagrk said:

I thought she was good in Desperately Seeking Susan um2

She was, in Evita too, I also liked her in Dick Tracy but the other movies wasn't that good.

Madonna isn't an actress (even if she has win Golden Globe), we been knew,

she's just the modern Mozart xtina11

To be honest, I think she's gotten so many Raspberry Awards because people just enjoyed criticizing her. Obviously she was in bad movies/acted poorly in early movies like Shanghai Surprise and Who's That Girl (which, I'm sure she deservedly got those 'awards') and since then she was just easy pickings. I mean, did she really deserve to 'win' worse supporting actress for Four Rooms and Die Another Day? jj4 She's in it for like 3 minutes. I'm sure there was plenty of worse performances that year.

I'm not saying she's a good actress. I'm just saying it seems a little bias.

10 hours ago, Maryanne said:

Let's not pretend like Mandy Moore was ever a pop star, she's always been better and more popular as an actress.

klslansvlavnlasvlasmvln  well, she does have 6 studio albums +1 compilation album sis

that's more than Gagz rih2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.