Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LittleDudeNT5

Should "Lead The Way" been included on Butterfly?

I'm bored, so here's this topic jj2 

For those of you who don't know, "Lead The Way" was actually composed during the Butterfly sessions. It was the last song written by Mariah with her longtime writing partner, Walter Afanasieff. There are conflicting accounts of whether or not the vocals were recorded in 1997 or 2000. The thing is, Mariah and Walter are credited as both writers and producers of the track. The two of them stopped working together in 1997 after Butterfly was released, so I'm not sure how he could have been a producer on the track unless it was recorded earlier?

Who knows, but the real question is, since it was written and possibly recorded around the same time, do you think it would have been a good addition to the album? Maybe in lieu of insert Butterfly track you don't like here ?

It's one of her best ballads, imo. I think it could have possibly worked?

It was definitely recorded in 2000 cause the tone of her voice gives it away + the vocal editing! I don't see it as a Butterfly song to be honest, Idk if it's because I'm accustomed to it being from Glitter by now or what but I can't even imagine mad5 Opting for Whenever You Call was the better option! sia1 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.