CAL Glastonbury 2018

Ronlop    5,233

glastonbury_festival_logo_block.png

CAL GLASTONBURY 2018

FEB 18- FEB 20

@Bleachella @Harry_CAL @Jon.

Lorde, Lana Del Rey and Mariah Carey are the headliners. 

You get to choose 7 performers out of the ones chosen to perform in your day. 

The official performers:

@8Bit Heart- Beyonce

@Robert. - Maxence

@Cosmic- Charli XCX

@Surrealism- Zendaya

@Hector- Brendon Urie

@marsblyr- Adele

@Harry Styles- Harry Styles

@Maria- Christina Aguilera

@Hector- Britney Spears

@Beauty Queen- Halsey

@Edu- Lindsay Lohan

@Hector- Belinda

@Joanne- Nick Jonas

@Maria- Zayn

@Love So Soft- Kelly Clarkson

@Lucky17- Celine Dion

@Kuba- Katy Perry

@tigerlily13- Camila Cabello

@ryjapo- Sam Smith

@timothee- Carly Rae Jepsen

@RebelHeart15- Shawn Mendes (Even though he doesn't appear in the video)

You all need to make an article about the performance of your artist. Have it ready by next week!

You post all of your articles next week in this thread.

FEB 18- SUNDAY (DAY 1)

Spoiler

Headliner: Lorde

Camila Cabello

Sam Smith

Brendon Urie

Belinda

Lindsay Lohan

Christina Aguilera

Adele

FEB 19- MONDAY (DAY 2)

Spoiler

Headliner: Mariah Carey

1. Shawn Mendes

2. Celine Dion

3. Zayn

4. Zendaya

5. Carly Rae Jepsen

6. Katy Perry

7. Britney Spears

FEB 20- TUESDAY (DAY 3)

Spoiler

Headliner: Lana Del Rey

Beyonce
Kelly Clarkson
Harry Styles
Maxence
Charli XCX
Halsey
Nick Jonas

Ronlop    5,233

Only the following performers can post their sets tomorrow.

Headliner: Lorde @Bleachella

Camila Cabello @tigerlily13

Sam Smith @ryjapo

Brendon Urie @Hector

Belinda @Hector

Lindsay Lohan @Edu

Christina Aguilera @Maria

Adele @marsblyr

Once you've posted, you may upload your sets on CAL Tube. The video's rights are owned by Glaston and it will appear on Glastonbury's official channel.

Edu    2,332
17 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Only the following performers can post their sets tomorrow.

Headliner: Lorde @Bleachella

Camila Cabello @tigerlily13

Sam Smith @ryjapo

Brendon Urie @Hector

Belinda @Hector

Lindsay Lohan @Edu

Christina Aguilera @Maria

Adele @marsblyr

Once you've posted, you may upload your sets on CAL Tube. The video's rights are owned by Glaston and it will appear on Glastonbury's official channel.

Will there be a specific order?

ryjapo    2,710

utxsimR.jpg

SETLIST

Spoiler

1. Burn It Down

2. Paradise

3. Like I Can

4. You're Not That Man

5. Maybe I

6. Just Like Her *NEW*

7. Better and Better

'JUST LIKE HER' INSTRUMENTAL

Spoiler

SAM SMITH x GLASTONBURY

Bleachella    3,126
1 hour ago, Edu said:

Will there be a specific order?

The order was supposed to have been this but I guess that wasn’t really clear in my tweet- i think it’s all good but Lorde will be closing the day. :) 

ryjapo    2,710
4 minutes ago, Bleachella said:

The order was supposed to have been this but I guess that wasn’t really clear in my tweet- i think it’s all good but Lorde will be closing the day. :) 

oh my bad, i didn't realise that was the plan

Edu    2,332
Just now, ryjapo said:

I don't think anyone did

Bleachella    3,126
Just now, ryjapo said:

nah it’s all good! Like I said, it’s on me since I never told y’all but the order doesn’t really matter anyways (lord knows my set won’t be done until 11:59 PM on sunday anyways jj4)

Maria    4,044

xns.jpg

TEXT VERSION

SETLIST

Spoiler

1. A Funeral (Intro) / New York
[elements of 'Stardust']
2. 2nite

[elements of 'Shine', 'Homeless' & 'Who Are You']
3. Twelve Nights + How Will I Know

[elements of 'Came Here To Have Fun']
4. Burn Your Heart Medley
        [Goodnight Lullaby / Burn Your Heart / Not Alone (with Harry Styles)]
5. By Myself
                [elements of 'Over My Naked Body', 'Not Myself Tonight' & 'If' by Janet]
6. Better Off Without You (Rock Remix)    
[elements of 'Fighter' & 'November Rain']
7. New Vision (Interlude) / Stardust

Christina Aguilera performs at Glastonbury Festival 2018

marsblyr    55

ADELE PERFORMS AT GLASTONBURY

Adele-Glastonbury-2016-Main.jpg

All I Want

Adele kicks off her set with her latest lead single off her comeback album. She briefly interacts with the audience praising the atmosphere and warning them about the roller coaster of emotions they are about to experience. She proceeds to ask the audience if they are ready 3 times and the 3rd time they said yes, the stage goes dark. A silence develops in the audience over the confusion. Suddenly a spotlight appears on a grand piano. Adele proceeds to sit on the piano and starts playing the instrumental of "All I Want". Her voice fills the entire venue, permeating like thunder and mesmerizing the audience. Her soul transcends and affects every person witnessing it. Adele was in tears at the end of the performance but so were the audience. There was a brief moment of silence when the song ended displaying how deeply everyone was involved in the performance. A single clap breaks the silence followed by a thunderous applause. Adele gets up from the piano and apologizes to the audience for making them cry. She remarks - "I swear, I have been told that I have the ability to avert water scarcity situations with ease" and the audience breaks out into laughter.

Hometown Glory, Rolling in the Deep and Hello

Post the performance of All I Want, Adele informed the audience that she is going to perform a continuous medley of 3 songs - one each from her previous albums 19, 21 and 25. She started off the medley with "Hometown Glory" as an ode to the city that made her. While she stood under a spotlight and performed the fan favourite from 19, a black and white video of London's main sites played in the background screen. It was a mesmerizing performance that the audience loved and won rave applause. Towards the end, the screen rolled up and revealed a band and huge panels of lighting. She immediately transitioned into 'Rolling in the Deep" from the album 21. As the song built up, the lights started making patterns adding to the amazing feel of the song. Adele soon made audience join in the action by making them sing some parts too. The bombastic ending of the song was aided by a confetti shower that the audience seemed to appreciate. Finally, Adele transitioned into her mega smash "Hello" as the curtains fell on the band and the spotlight returned. She gave an acoustic performance with her raw authenticity and powerful voice. The high notes on the song were unmatched by any other performance on Glastonbury so far and most probably won't be matched until Celine performs later.

Love at your side

Adele thanks the crowd and bids good bye. As she turns, a sudden spotlight falls on the piano near her. She turns back and asks the audience if anyone knew what that was for. While the audience wondered, she starts laughing. She then proceeds to ask them if they would like to hear an unreleased track from her new album. She is met by a roaring yes from them and she proceeds to sit down on the piano. She then says "Have you ever been in love with someone and even after you part ways, you always wanted them to do the best in their life no matter what and you would cheer them on with love? If you do, then you will love this song. If you don't, no worries. It's got a great melody and a poetic flow. So, you will love it either way". She finishes the performance with her usual vocal ability and grace and leaves the audience in a pleasant mood. Adele says good bye (again) and funnily remarks that the audience doesn't need to worry because she is leaving for good this time leaving them in a sea of laughter. 

Adele's Glastonbury set is now available to watch on CALtube. Her new singles "All I Want" and "Love at your side" are available for purchase and streaming.

RebelHeart15    1,925

NEWSHAWNGLASTO.png

Set List

Wake Up (Intro)/Band Jam

It All Comes Back to This

Speak

Sweetest Sin

Something I Can Never Have (Interlude)

The Resistance

Hey Jude (The Beatles cover)

shawnbackstage.jpg

The show begins with the video screen coming to life. We see a young woman laying on a bed in a red dress. There is a window on the side of the bed. We see the sun and moon rising and setting, seasons passing, weather changing, but the woman still lays on the bed. Outside the window, we see the world start to fall apart; buildings collapsing, the sky becoming smokey. Suddenly the woman sits up. She looks out the window to see that everything is fine, nothing has changed. A whispered voice says “wake up”. That “wake up” is repeated as Shawn’s band comes on stage one at a time. Once the band is in place, Shawn appears behind the drums. He walks down to the stage level and stands at the mic. The crowd cheers as the drummer begins a beat. One by one, the other members join in. Shawn puts on his guitar and joins in. He and the band perform a little jam. When it comes to its conclusion, the lights all come on in a blinding white. They suddenly go soft as “It All Comes Back to This” begins. During the first verse, the screen shows a young boy walking down a war torn street. Bullets fly above his head while he walks down the street. The lights on stage are all a menacing red color. Shawn is keeping his performance a bit restrained. However, when the chorus comes in, the lights go bright and Shawn and the band come into the chorus with passion. On the screen, a soldier picks up the child on the street and runs away from the battle. The second verse begins as Shawn takes it back down just a bit. However there is still a tense atmosphere created by the lights. On the screen, the soldier sits the child down to talk to someone. A militant rocket bursts over head and the child’s attention is caught by the sparks that look like fireworks. He runs toward it, away from safety. The chorus comes back and Shawn and the band head back into the intense emotion of the powerful chorus. Shawn plays the guitar with strength and precision. On the screen, the child runs into the thick of a battle. It’s a large one, buildings collapsing, car windows being busted out. As the bridge comes in, Shawn’s bassist comes up beside him. They both sing the bridge into the mic. On the screen, the soldier notices that the child is gone and runs back after him. The final chorus comes in as the lights around the perimeter of the stage go solid white. On the screen, the soldier steps into the battle and sees the child at the end of the street where the battle is. He runs toward the child and the child looks at him. A building collapses and cuts the soldier off. He’s unaware whether the child was crushed or not. The video ends as Shawn sings the outro to the song. At the conclusion, the crowd cheers loudly.

shawnglasto1.jpg

[SHAWN PERFORMING DURING IT ALL COMES BACK TO THIS]

Shawn takes off his guitar and takes the mic to talk to the crowd. “Glastonbury! Thank you guys so much. I’ve got you for a little bit, what do you say we keep this going? This next song is one no one’s heard before. I’ll be on piano but this song is not a ballad. It’s got kick to it. So I want to see your hands in the air and kicking it with the music. Let’s go!” Shawn goes to the piano. He counts the band in and the powerful intro to“Speak”. During the first verse, Shawn sings the song with passion. The screen displays various words that are crossed out by a red lines. That morphs into footage of protesters on the street with the faces of prominent world leaders being plastered over the mouth like a censor, indicating the message of the song. The chorus comes in lights around the stage begin to go wild. Shawn and the band passionately play the song. The audience is completely involved in the performance, jumping and getting just as animated as Shawn and the band. This brings us into the second verse. Shawn stands from the piano bench and his bass player comes to fill his place. Shawn steps up on top of the piano. He sings the verse while the screen now shows live performance footage. The chorus comes in and Shawn jumps down from the piano and onto the stage. He walks down the runway to the end and sings to the crowd. They cheer in excitement and continue to jump with Shawn. As the bridge comes in, six people walk onto the stage, down the runway, and to the end with Shawn. They stand in line. There are 3 males and 3 females. They all have duct tape over their mouths. As Shawn sings the bridge, he walks by each person one at a time and removes the tape from their face. The six people then jump off the stage and run behind the stage from the crowd. Shawn walks back up to the main stage and sits back down at the piano. He takes the song into a final chorus. As the song comes to an end, the lights go a solid white again before coming down to normal.

shawnglasto3.jpg

[ONE OF THE PEOPLE WITH DUCT TAPE]

Shawn leaves the piano and heads back to the main mic stand. He talks to the crowd. “Alright, this one is a song you may know. It was released as a promo single a few days ago. This is a song for all of the lovers. Grab the one you love, and hold on tight.” Shawn puts his guitar on  and begins “Sweetest Sin”. During the first verse, Shawn plays the song with gusto and passion. The band joins in with Shawn’s enthusiasm. On the screen, there are hand drawn hearts that get colored in and torn apart, but we see hands putting them back together. As the chorus comes in, various couples come up on stage. There is a white/black couple, a gay couple, a lesbian couple, couples of two different nationalities, etc. There are eight couple in total. They head down to the end of the runway. Shawn heads down with them to another mic stand at the center of the runway. This leads into the second verse. Shawn stands in the center of the line of couples. The couples grab hands, some kiss, some do a small dance with each other, but each is showing the power of love. On the screen, we see various depictions of same sex couples, interracial couples, etc. being marked out in a red circle with a slash, but a hand comes in frame and erases the read slash and puts a heart around the couples instead. The takes us back into the chorus. One-by-one, the couples start walking back to the main stage. Once they are all there, they dance with one another again. During the bridge, the couples kiss and walk off stage on-by-one. Shawn stays down at the end of the runway. When the chorus comes back in the stage becomes saturated with light again. Hearts appear all over the screen. Shawn walks back up to the main stage from the catwalk during an added outro to the song. The song comes to a rocking end with a big finish from the band.

shawnglasto4.gif

[SHAWN PERFORMING DURING SWEETEST SIN]

Instead of Shawn talking, he heads backstage. An interlude begins. During the interlude, stagehands bring out stacks of old televisions. They are behind the stacks so they are not seen, making it appear as if they came onstage by themselves. As the interlude music continues, the TV’s crack to life. There is static on them. Shawn appears in the middle of the TV stacks with his guitar as the interlude music ends. Shawn stands still for about 30 seconds.

Shawn moves forward to the mic stand. He has a  guitar on and he plays a short, distorted solo. He takes it off and hands it off to a stagehand. He does not play guitar for this song. “The Resistance” begins. As soon as he says the first word, the TV’s start to display footage one-by-one. The footage on the TV’s is that of protests and war. During the first verse, Shawn stands at the mic stand singing the song. The main screens show what’s going on on the TV screens. As Shawn heads into the pre-chorus, he takes the mic off the stand. He moves the stand away and stands strongly and proudly. He comes into the chorus. With the powerful chorus, Shawn sings with force. The TV screens continue to show the footage of war and protests. Shawn brings the song into the second verse. He moves down to the end of the runway. He continues singing with raw emotion and power. He takes it back into the chorus as the marching beat of the song leads the audience in a clap along. Shawn stops singing before the second pre-chorus but the marching beat stays. Shawn stands at the center of the end of the catwalk. “Across the world, every day...there is violence, poverty, suffering. This is the moment the world needs to open up. Say it with me. The time is now!” The audience begins chanting “The time is now” as Shawn is handed a white flag with the peace sign on it. He waves the flag before handing it down off the stage to someone in the front row. The flag is passed around the crowd, joining the other flags displayed. Shawn heads into the final chorus walking back up to the mainstage. The violence on the TV screens has morphed into showing peaceful images. The stacks of TV’s are taken off stage. The song comes to an end as Shawn sits back at the piano.

shawnglasto6.png

[SHAWN PERFORMING THE INTRO TO THE RESISTANCE]

shawnglasto5.gif 

[SHAWN PERFORMING DURING THE RESISTANCE]
“Alright, Glastonbury. This is the last song. I want to hear you all. I know you know the words. Let’s do this!” Shawn begins the final song, a cover of The Beatles’ timeless classic “Hey Jude” The screen shows live camera footage of the crowd. Shawn sings the song through the verses and into the iconic refrain of “La la la la la la. La la la. Hey Jude!” The instruments all stop except for the soft drum beat. Shawn stands on top of the piano, holds the mic out, and lets the thousands of audience members chant the refrain. It’s a hair raising moment, sending goosebumps down the arms of everyone. Shawn sits back down and takes the song to a close. After the song, Shawn stands center stage as his band, the couples, and people that had taped faces come on stage. They all get in a line and bow, ending the performance. The cover of the album along with the release date and info of where to pre-order are shown. 

shawnglasto7.gif

[SHAWN PERFORMING DURING HEY JUDE]

Surrealism    852

ZENDAYA PERFORMS AT DAY TWO OF GLASTONBURY

Related image

Following the previous performance, the stage was rearranged for Zendaya's. The stage was bordered with pink heart-shaped bulbs, slowly blinking on-and-off. Two larger decorative pieces shaped like hearts sat on both the left and right sides of the stage. They seemed to be made of an almost crystal-like material, glimmering as the stage lights shined down onto them. The microphone was decked out with pink glitter, as well as the microphone stand. 

Zendaya made her way onto the stage from the side, smiling and waving to the audience as she took her position behind the microphone stand. All of the lights on the stage were turned off except for a pink-tinted spotlight that kept Zendaya visible. A piano began to play softly as Zendaya gripped tightly onto the microphone in front of her. "How are you guys feeling... Good? I hope so. Do you mind if I start this off a little slow for you all? With a new song off my album? I know most people don't start these things off with ballads, but it hasn't been released yet, and I felt the time was right to start revealing some of the tracks I've been working on. This one is very personal to me... It's called White." Zendaya began to sing along to the piano, the lyrics being very blunt in its subject matter. The lyrical content depicts a young person in a troubled state of mind, debating whether their life is worth continuing, or if it should be cut off short. The song was cut halfway through after the first chorus and transitioned into a cover of Coldplay's classic "Fix You", with more instruments joining in. The heart-bulbs were turned on for this portion of the performance, symbolizing a more hopeful state of mind and a brighter future compared to the one depicted in "White". 

Abruptly after the song has been completed, all of the lights instantly turn on and the band begins playing a live rendition of "Heart". "Now, let's have a little bit of fun... Shall we?" Zendaya pulls the microphone from the stand as she sings, and the camera pans to show that audience near the stage have been given balloons in the shape of hearts to toss around during the song. During the chorus Zendaya is met with backup dancers following her and doing choreography alongside her as she walked across the stage and interacted with the crowd. The second half of the song Zendaya switched things up and started to sing the Spanish lyrics of the song. She was met on stage with J. Balvin who assisted her in performing the South American exclusive remix of the song. At the end of the song Zendaya continued to display her apparent habit to kiss random people onstage as the pair locked their lips together for a few moments. "Give it up for J. Balvin, everybody!" He then gave her a hug before exiting the stage. 

The next song to be performed was her current single "Bad", as the live band began to play it. Zendaya walked back over to the middle of the stage with her backup dancers, displaying her not oftenly shown ability to perform difficult choreography during the verses. When the chorus came, Zendaya walked over to the microphone stand and slid down it in a scandalous, lecherous manner before intentionally knocking it over. Dancers grabbed her by the hands to pull her up to her feet to continue the performance full of choreography and crowd interaction.

The next song to be performed during the set was an older single from Zendaya's discography, "About U". The backup dancers exited through the back of the stage, and the lights returned to a dark red. The singer walks back to the middle of the stage for the intro of the track. She sang the verses of the song while strutting around the stage with a hand on her hip, her expressions animated and exaggerated. Once the bursting chorus hits, Zendaya encourages the crowd to dance along, jump, do whatever comes to mind. As long as they're having fun with her and keeping their energy up. A song as energetic wouldn't be complete without choreography, so Zendaya performed some for the final chorus of the song. 

The crowd responded with cheers as the lights dimmed down. A blinding spotlight resembling heaven's lights shined down right onto the center of the large stage, revealing Zendaya standing in the middle. The beat for "Jubilee" began to play and the camera focused on Zendaya and her fixed, dramatic gaze towards it. She sang and kept her eyes locked onto the camera, while it followed her as she strolled to the left side of the stage, finishing off the first chorus before making her way back to the center. After finishing the next few parts, a pink fog began to spray into the room, filling the room entirely by the end of the song's bridge. This provides for a very unclear, and mysterious atmosphere as Zendaya is hardly visible to the audience as the sings the song. During the final chorus, pink confetti that sparkled slightly as the minimal stage lighting hit them rained down onto the stage.