Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Public transportation to be cost-free in German cities

31 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Well, maybe America shouldn’t have elected a moron if they really cared for the environment, lol. America left the Paris agreement because your leader thinks that global warming is a fact. At least we elected a scientist while trump is reality star. 

Again it’s not about states it’s about moving within a city. Of corse driving from cologne to Munich won’t be free directly. 

And again all the things could be easily changed if America changes their political system. But that’s not going to happen. After all America is one of the biggest contributer against the environment and it’s capitalistic nature keeps it from getting more environment friendly. 

This planet will go down cause of USA and China. 

Also that natural disaster argument is stupid. 

States FUND Cities. Cities can't do anything with MONEY from the state dead4  That's I've been saying. Some cities are huge and to get from suburbs you need to have a car. Not many people can actually afford to live within american cities, and that's what I've been saying dead4 it's easier, better and more reliable to commute because the bus/train systems are garbage and making them free would do nothing. 

Trump literally lost the popular vote.

Yes America is one of the biggest because have a big production here and huge land. If Germany was as big as America, it'd have the same issue. Germany is like 85% as big a California.

The Democrats put many initiatives in place to decrease our ecological output though. Literally that's Obama's biggest legacy outside of Gay Marriage, DACA, and Obamacare. Trump could do way worse had Obama not enacted certain laws. 

How is the natural disaster argument stupid dead4 

We had two of the biggest storms destroy Texas and Florida and fires devastate California in addition to snowstorms that damage infrastructure and cause delays. 

U.S is a complex country because we get so much devastation and it costs the government billions to fix so we can't just suddenly make things free jj4 

Wtf is Germany dealing with dead4 

2 minutes ago, Infrared said:

States FUND Cities. Cities can't do anything with MONEY from the state dead4  That's I've been saying. Some cities are huge and to get from suburbs you need to have a car. Not many people can actually afford to live within american cities, and that's what I've been saying dead4 it's easier, better and more reliable to commute because the bus/train systems are garbage and making them free would do nothing. 

Trump literally lost the popular vote.

Yes America is one of the biggest because have a big production here and huge land. If Germany was as big as America, it'd have the same issue. Germany is like 85% as big a California.

The Democrats put many initiatives in place to decrease our ecological output though. Literally that's Obama's biggest legacy outside of Gay Marriage, DACA, and Obamacare. Trump could do way worse had Obama not enacted certain laws. 

How is the natural disaster argument stupid dead4 

We had two of the biggest storms destroy Texas and Florida and fires devastate California in addition to snowstorms that damage infrastructure and cause delays. 

U.S is a complex country because we get so much devastation and it costs the government billions to fix so we can't just suddenly make things free jj4 

Wtf is Germany dealing with dead4 

Trump won nevertheless. Public vote doesn’t change that.

Huge land doesn’t mean anything. The CO2 emmison per Capita is more than double as big as the one of the EU. 

https://goo.gl/images/URbnUs

1 hour ago, Simón. said:

Trump won nevertheless. Public vote doesn’t change that.

Huge land doesn’t mean anything. The CO2 emmison per Capita is more than double as big as the one of the EU. 

https://goo.gl/images/URbnUs

Trump won democratically. That's a fact, 

Unfortunately in the US the entire political system is biased on this topic. They think that public transportation is a sort of welfare service to help poor people who lack cars. The US politics it's all about building highways and it's this fucking car-mentality that US citizens MUST change. The table you posted says it all. US is a disgusting selfish country when it comes to environment. 

11 minutes ago, #Music said:

oh honeyy

It's true tho. Even if diffetent countries pay different contribution rates, they are still equal as far as benefits is concerned. It is a fact that some of your taxes- money go to the EU, which is why it would make no sense to discriminate countries with lower contribution rates.

2 hours ago, The One Below All said:

It's true tho. Even if diffetent countries pay different contribution rates, they are still equal as far as benefits is concerned. It is a fact that some of your taxes- money go to the EU, which is why it would make no sense to discriminate countries with lower contribution rates.

no. they're equal to an extent but not fully, case in point; UK and EU students get same tuition fees and tuition loans but the latter don't get maintenance loans at university in the UK. It all depends on EU integration, it is progressing and citizens are becoming increasingly equal but there's still a long way to go. In the case of public transportation, it would make sense for it to be free for German residents only as they're the ones that fund basically the totality of the state - however it might be impractical to do so, plus Germany is pushing for a 100% integrated federal EU so it would go against their own interests to foster "second tier citizenship".

15 minutes ago, #Music said:

no. they're equal to an extent but not fully, case in point; UK and EU students get same tuition fees and tuition loans but the latter don't get maintenance loans at university in the UK. It all depends on EU integration, it is progressing and citizens are becoming increasingly equal but there's still a long way to go. In the case of public transportation, it would make sense for it to be free for German residents only as they're the ones that fund basically the totality of the state - however it might be impractical to do so, plus Germany is pushing for a 100% integrated federal EU so it would go against their own interests to foster "second tier citizenship".

I must disagree because I know that you can get also the maintance loan in UK universities. 

In the case of transportations, they are a public service and therefore every citizens must be able to enjoy them equally. However since beign German citizen is equivalent to being EU citizen, this means that whenever you are in the EU you have the same right to use public transportation as in your home country. 

30 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

I must disagree because I know that you can get also the maintance loan in UK universities. 

In the case of transportations, they are a public service and therefore every citizens must be able to enjoy them equally. However since beign German citizen is equivalent to being EU citizen, this means that whenever you are in the EU you have the same right to use public transportation as in your home country. 

hunny i am studying in the UK - you can't get one unless you've lived here for 3 (now 5) years prior attending uni jj3 with public transport, it doesn't have to work that way at all

12 minutes ago, #Music said:

hunny i am studying in the UK - you can't get one unless you've lived here for 3 (now 5) years prior attending uni jj3 with public transport, it doesn't have to work that way at all

Again that is the point I was trying to explain to @Urbanov

recidency=\=citezenship. Do you research guys!

But still....you are not well informed. you could get maintanance loans too even during your first year of study before the UK decided to leave. I did that personally so I can garantee for that.

Finally UK and study loans have NOTHING to do with the EU or this tread.

15 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

Again that is the point I was trying to explain to @Urbanov

recidency=\=citezenship. Do you research guys!

But still....you are not well informed. you could get maintanance loans too even during your first year of study before the UK decided to leave. I did that personally so I can garantee for that.

Finally UK and study loans have NOTHING to do with the EU or this tread.

okay you do you sis xx

7 minutes ago, #Music said:

okay you do you sis xx

Pathetic statement. Just check this webisite pal:

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/new-fulltime-students

They say: "You can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan if your course starts on or after 1 August 2016."

In regard of EU students they specifically say that they will:" help with living costs if you’re from an EU country.". 

30 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

They say: "You can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan if your course starts on or after 1 August 2016."

In regard of EU students they specifically say that they will:" help with living costs if you’re from an EU country.". 

this is an all time low even for newbies

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

Help with living costs

You may be eligible for help with your living costs if you’ve lived in the UK for more than 5 years before the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Example

If your course begins on 20 September 2018, you must have lived in the UK since 1 September 2013.

On 2/15/2018 at 5:27 PM, The One Below All said:

1. If you pay taxes for your country its like paying taxes to the EU. 

2. I was referring to both hospital treatments and GP, which you can get for free regardless of your nationality.

3. Delusional. And btw just look at London: all the main museums (british, national, tate, natural science etc) are free, without ticket. They work on donations only.

4. ...you pathetic.

why so much free shit in the EU.  I am jealous.  You can't get shit for free here fall9

2 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

why so much free shit in the EU.  I am jealous.  You can't get shit for free here fall9

Europe is more civilized than US coz we got more time. US is still young and it has a lot to learn from Europe in terms of welfare and human rights.

1 hour ago, The One Below All said:

what is a Maintenance Loan?

10 minutes ago, The One Below All said:

Europe is more civilized than US coz we got more time. US is still young and it has a lot to learn from Europe in terms of welfare and human rights.

The US is civilized the problem is that we have an idiot in office, but that's a whole other problem that hopefully will be fixed in 3 years

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.