Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Christina Aguilera to perform at the NBA All Star Game?

Just now, Gigi Gorgeous said:

am i missing something?

where's the christina connection?

Those are all of her backup dancers. moo1 It's a stretch, but multiple Xtina fan accounts believe she's performing so I figured it was worth posting. moo1 

I hope it won't end up like the "New York Medley Stuff" she did before ...

If she's performing I hope it's her material... I wouldn't want her to perform any new material; since it's kind of an irrelevant event and not many are going to be talking about it as much as the superbowl/grammys. ..etc

Yeah some of her usual dancers are there, but that doesn't necessary mean it's for her. I'm sure dancers work on several outside projects they book. After all, if her dancers only worked with her they wouldn't have made any money in the past six years... If it is her, I doubt it'll be anything new since it hasn't been promoted at all.

6 hours ago, TheRoxxtar said:

Yeah some of her usual dancers are there, but that doesn't necessary mean it's for her. I'm sure dancers work on several outside projects they book. After all, if her dancers only worked with her they wouldn't have made any money in the past six years... If it is her, I doubt it'll be anything new since it hasn't been promoted at all.

There's a lot wrong with this statement. For starters, I'm sure her dancers are paid very well and the money they earned from her tours has not run out yet. Not to mention Christina's big events in the last couple years (Black Sea arena, festivals). Dancers stay pretty loyal. I'm not saying this points to signs of her performing, but do some research and think before you post.

10 hours ago, Bionikal said:

I hope it won't end up like the "New York Medley Stuff" she did before ...

If she's performing I hope it's her material... I wouldn't want her to perform any new material; since it's kind of an irrelevant event and not many are going to be talking about it as much as the superbowl/grammys. ..etc

This event is pretty huge, actually. 

47 minutes ago, Muse said:

There's a lot wrong with this statement. For starters, I'm sure her dancers are paid very well and the money they earned from her tours has not run out yet. Not to mention Christina's big events in the last couple years (Black Sea arena, festivals). Dancers stay pretty loyal. I'm not saying this points to signs of her performing, but do some research and think before you post.

”Money from previous tours”. That means money from 2007. Dancers are NOT paid NEARLY as much as the artist. Dem money surely ran out by now. 

52 minutes ago, Muse said:

You think they are living off money they made 10 years ago???? YOU should research/think before YOU post. A quick Google search shows in addition to Christina Aguilera, Gilbert has been a backup dancer for Jennifer Lopez. In fact, Ain't It Funny music video was his first job after he moved to LA and he has worked with J Lo over the years ever since then. He was even a part of a reality TV show in 2012 as Jennifer's dance captain. He also performed at the Super Bowl with Janet Jackson and Madonna. In addition to that he has been on TV shows such as Dexter and movies such as Stomp The Yard. Clearly her dancers work outside touring with her.

11 hours ago, StrippedX said:

”Money from previous tours”. That means money from 2007. Dancers are NOT paid NEARLY as much as the artist. Dem money surely ran out by now. 

You're still forgetting her more recent appearances. 

10 hours ago, TheRoxxtar said:

You think they are living off money they made 10 years ago???? YOU should research/think before YOU post. A quick Google search shows in addition to Christina Aguilera, Gilbert has been a backup dancer for Jennifer Lopez. In fact, Ain't It Funny music video was his first job after he moved to LA and he has worked with J Lo over the years ever since then. He was even a part of a reality TV show in 2012 as Jennifer's dance captain. He also performed at the Super Bowl with Janet Jackson and Madonna. In addition to that he has been on TV shows such as Dexter and movies such as Stomp The Yard. Clearly her dancers work outside touring with her.

You still didn't acknowledge her recent concerts that would require her dancers. I didn't say her dancers didn't work for other performers. X has kept the majority of her crew for years, so clearly she takes care of them.

4 hours ago, Muse said:

You still didn't acknowledge her recent concerts that would require her dancers. I didn't say her dancers didn't work for other performers. X has kept the majority of her crew for years, so clearly she takes care of them.

I simply had suggested that dancers work on multiple projects and you literally went off on me about how I was wrong and they are still living on tour money (the last of which was 2008!) because dancers are loyal. I know her dancers have been with her a long time, but I doubt one night at random festivals is enough to live off of comfortably.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.