Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Iceland to ban male circumcision

5 minutes ago, Simón. said:

And this point is important. Cultural background don't play a role. Are you racist because you don't support female multination that is performed in several African countries? 

Look, I would be against circumcision normally. the ONLY reason why I do support it it's because there is NO WAY that Jewish people will stop this practice. This is what God tells Jewish:

This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your descendants after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. He that is eight days old among you shall be circumcised; every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house, or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring.

You don't understand that it is FORBIDDEN for Jewish to not perform circumcision on their sons. It's not up to choice. It is what God asked them.

Therefore, if you are going to ban circumcision you basically are going to ban Jewish people from your country. 

Now, if you look at the "harm" of circumcision you will realize that is NOT a big harm. To have less sensitivity (and this btw DEPENDS on the single individuals) or your gland gets dry is NOT a big deal. The Jewish population is HEALTHY and SEXUALLY SATISFIED regardless on their foreskin. So why, attacking their religion rituals? When you ban circumcision you are banning God's words, which is something that DOES NOT compete to the politics.

2 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

Look, I would be against circumcision normally. the ONLY reason why I do support it it's because there is NO WAY that Jewish people will stop this practice. This is what God tells Jewish:

You don't understand that it is FORBIDDEN for Jewish to not perform circumcision on their sons. It's not up to choice. It is what God asked them.

Therefore, if you are going to ban circumcision you basically are going to ban Jewish people from your country. 

Now, if you look at the "harm" of circumcision you will realize that is NOT a big harm. To have less sensitivity (and this btw DEPENDS on the single individuals) or your gland gets dry is NOT a big deal. The Jewish population is HEALTHY and SEXUALLY SATISFIED regardless on their foreskin. So why, attacking their religion rituals? When you ban circumcision you are banning God's words, which is something that DOES NOT compete to the politics.

I know this. rav1 But still from an ethical standpoint it goes against bodily autonomy. (There are also small Jewish groups being against circumcision) 

How come you won't include Muslims, though? kylie2

22 minutes ago, Simón. said:

It's funny that he suddenly is in favor of Jewish when he blamed the atomic bombs on the Jews fall1

I didn't BLAME. I simply ACKNOWLEDGED that the atomic bomb was build by Jewish scientists, which put emphasis on the fact that Jewish people, historically speaking, have demonstrated to be smarter than other populations. 

10 minutes ago, Simón. said:

I know this. rav1 But still from an ethical standpoint it goes against bodily autonomy. (There are also small Jewish groups being against circumcision) 

How come you won't include Muslims, though? kylie2

I honestly didn't know that Muslims perform circumcision too.

The ethical standpoint you are making is SO WEAK against the one that I'm trying to make:

1) Jewish people CANNOT stop circumcision on their sons because that is what God commands

2) Therefore, if you ban circumcision you are discriminating against Jewish religion. Indeed, you are FORCING Jewish people to make a decision between the law of State and the law of God. No HUMAN BEING should be forced to make such a choice, especially since we are talking about circumcision (and not pedophilia or much more harmful stuff). 

At the end of the day, Iceland is creating USELESS drama. That is NOT how you advocate for children's right.sorry1

1 minute ago, The One Above All said:

I honestly didn't know that Muslims perform circumcision too. But yeah let's include them too. 

The ethical standpoint you are making is SO WEAK against the one that I'm trying to make:

1) Jewish people CANNOT stop circumcision on their sons because that is what God commands

2) Therefore, if you ban circumcision you are discriminating against Jewish religion. Indeed, you are FORCING Jewish people to make a decision between the law of State and the law of God. No HUMAN BEING should be forced to make such a choice, especially since we are talking about circumcision (and not pedophilia or much more harmful stuff). 

At the end of the day, Iceland is creating USELESS drama. That is NOT how you advocate for children's right.sorry1

Even in Jewish communities is a discussion: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/well/family/cutting-out-the-bris.html

https://www.haaretz.com/even-in-israel-more-and-more-parents-choose-not-to-circumcise-1.5178506

35 minutes ago, Sailor Mars said:

I mean it's not always like that but there's a large risk, besides...they cut of A LOT of sexually sensitive parts.

Oh and I have another thing to add:

1. Circumcision is ONLY thought to be lowering the risk of HIV infections BECAUSE the glans hardens and becomes less sensitive to wounds, which in itself is hypocritical because the foreskin is there to PROTECT the glans in the first place. jj4 

2. The studies that are being referred to were carried out in African countries whit a very high risk of HIV infections

3. Circumcision AFTER birth adds another few coins to the pocket of the doctors, so THAT'S also why it's being suggested.

4. People shouldn't have unprotected sex with strangers in the first place. Condoms exist...there is no need to get part of your dick amputated to keep you from getting HIV. ny4 

well i didnt have a  choice and tbh I ain't mad my parents circumcised me.  It's really no big deal.

Just now, Simón. said:

that is a GOOD sign imo. BUT it's up to THEM to change THEIR traditions since we are talking about VERY MINOR damages, which shouldn't be used as weapon of discrimination against them.  Regardless, I TRULY DOUBT that Jewish people can achieve that.

Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you

Good luck in finding a different interpretation LOL.

41 minutes ago, Sailor Mars said:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING. @Simón. is Jewish and not supportive of child circumcision. ny4

Once again, CIRCUMCISION of children goes AGAINST human rights, period. Whether it's a religious ritual or not doesn't matter. But if you really wanna go there...

- If Jewish parents really want to get their kids circumcised, let them. BUT it's completely unethical to let parents fill out a cross pre-childbirth asking if they want to have their kid circumcised REGARDLESS of their religion and doctors even suggesting it just to fill their damn pockets a little more. 

If it's not for religious or medical reasons, it's even more pointless. It's pointless enough as a religious ritual and should not be allowed to be practiced, just like female circumcision.

I have never thought of circumcision as a human rights issue to be honest, maybe cause it's just the norm here xtina11

4 hours ago, The One Above All said:

Lol.

let's recap your BS. circumcision is harmful because:

1) It is a mutilation and as such it goes against our right of the bodily integrity

2) it makes the gland dry and therefore less sensitive to touch

3) it reduces sexual stimulation 

Therefore, children are NOT allowed to be Jewish.

PATHETIC AND ANTISEMITIC.rih8

Wow you’re so fucking dumb it hurts

17 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Wow you’re so fucking dumb it hurts

Stop spamming this thread pls! If you can't express an opinion just stfu. 

1) calling me DUMB is an insult and you are SO luckyly that we are not in NHB and that @mods show favoritism towards you.

2)Calling ppl dumb when discussing of delicate ethical issues ONLY shows how ignorant and pathetic you are.

Mod Notice
Do not make death threats against other members.

17 hours ago, The One Above All said:

1) calling me DUMB is an insult and you are SO luckyly that we are not in NHB and that @mods show favoritism towards you.

2)Calling ppl dumb when discussing of delicate ethical issues ONLY shows how ignorant and pathetic you are.

Mod Notice

I’m just stating facts ny5 pressed?

17 hours ago, The One Above All said:

Mod Notice

Actually isnt insulting members outisde NHB warnable?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.