Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Jessica Chastain in talks for It: Chapter Two

Warner Bros. and New Line reportedly want Jessica Chastain to play adult Beverly in IT: Chapter Two.

Variety reports Chastain is in negotiations to star in the sequel as Beverly, who's portrayed by Sophia Lillis in the 2017 hit. However, talks are very much in the early stages, with the script still being worked on.

Director Andy Muschietti will return helm the sequel. Chastain previously worked with Muschietti on his first studio hit, 2013's Mama.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/20/jessica-chastain-enters-talks-for-it-chapter-two

Doesn't take a genius to figure out who she'd be playing orangu1 She's a good actress, so I'm fine with this and I figure she'll do it, but I doubt I'll like it as much as the first movie. Truly impressive that they found that many child actors who don't just not suck, but are actually all good.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think she'd be great :D

I hope the kids are featured at least a bit in the newer movie.. They MADE the last one.

Yeah, they shot some unused stuff for the first movie that they're re-purposing for this movie. There's probably some other footage shot that was always meant for the sequel also.

She is a pretty ideal casting choice.

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yeah, they shot some unused stuff for the first movie that they're re-purposing for this movie. There's probably some other footage shot that was always meant for the sequel also.

That sounds very wise, to make the movies actually feel connected. "When" would this movie take place, tho? The first decade of the 2000s? as the first one was set in the 80s?

2 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

She is a pretty ideal casting choice.

That sounds very wise, to make the movies actually feel connected. "When" would this movie take place, tho? The first decade of the 2000s? as the first one was set in the 80s?

2015, since the first is in 1988 and they state that the clown returns roughly every 27 years.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.