Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

havok

Why has Beyoncé been ANNIHILATING Britney ever since her solo debut?

Because Beyonce is great brit0 

but BOMT still remains superior in sales, and britney still outsold in terms of overall albums. brit0

From chartsmaster, CSPC:

Bomt - 30.9 mill

Oops - 23 mill

Britney - 13 mill

ITZ - 11.9 mill

Blackout - 4.5 mill

Circus - 7 mill

FF - 4.3 mill

BJ - 1.3 mill

Glory - 760k

Total: 96.66 million CSPC brit0 Her first 6 albums total 90.3 million.

DIL - 15.6 mill

BDay - 12.6 mill

IASF - 16.9 mill

4 - 7.8 mill

ST - 7.9 mill

Lemonade - 3.8 mill

Total: 64.6 million CSPC 

Bey is bigger now and has been slaying consistently since her debut, but Britney’s album sales remain superior. brit0 

1 hour ago, petedagrk said:

I wasnt aware there was a Bey vs Brit feud but go off

I wasn't aware there needs to be a feud in order to discuss something but go off. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Because Beyonce is great brit0 

but BOMT still remains superior in sales, and britney still outsold in terms of overall albums. brit0

From chartsmaster, CSPC:

Bomt - 30.9 mill

Oops - 23 mill

Britney - 13 mill

ITZ - 11.9 mill

Blackout - 4.5 mill

Circus - 7 mill

FF - 4.3 mill

BJ - 1.3 mill

Glory - 760k

Total: 96.66 million CSPC brit0 Her first 6 albums total 90.3 million.

DIL - 15.6 mill

BDay - 12.6 mill

IASF - 16.9 mill

4 - 7.8 mill

ST - 7.9 mill

Lemonade - 3.8 mill

Total: 64.6 million CSPC 

Bey is bigger now and has been slaying consistently since her debut, but Britney’s album sales remain superior. brit0 

Except no one is talking about BOMT or ODIA but we can always count on britards to go off-topic when facing challenge, right? It would be embarrassing for her to not be above when she's released more albums, including 3 during the all-time peak of albums sales but go off. eve1 

Another thing, why are you all focusing on albums sales when we're discussing every metric. What's the excuse for the rest? nat1 

49 minutes ago, Onyx said:

Why has Britney been ANNIHILATING Xtuna ever since her solo debut? Why did I read it like that rih1

Because your brain is unable to address something without going off-topic apparently. Now, will you answer the question in the OP or will you keep deflecting?  nat1 

38 minutes ago, Loose Rap said:

Because Britney stopped giving a fuck about her career and Beyonce has been working hard ever since? oprah14

And BOMT (if not that, then I’ll add OIDIA) has sold more copies than all of Beyonce her albums 

So not giving a fuck about your career is a valid excuse? K, noted for future reference. I'm sure it'll be useful. nat2 

And? That won't stop the fact that Beyoncé has been obliterating your fave ever since she went solo, why is that? I'm still waiting for an answer. nat2 

Just now, havok said:

I wasn't aware there needs to be a feud in order to discuss something but go off. 

Except no one is talking about BOMT or ODIA but we can always count on britards to go off-topic when facing challenge, right? 

It would be embarrassing for her to not be above when she has released more albums and released 3 during the all-time peak of albums sales but go off. eve1 

Because your brain is unable to address something without going off-topic apparently. Now, will you answer the question in the OP or will you keep deflecting?  nat1 

So not giving a fuck about your career is a valid excuse? K, noted for future reference. I'm sure it'll be useful. nat2 

And? That won't stop the fact that Beyoncé has been obliterating your fave ever since she went solo, why is that? I'm still waiting for an answer. nat2 

I didnt go off just made a statement

1 hour ago, Onyx said:

Why has Britney been ANNIHILATING Xtuna ever since her solo debut? Why did I read it like that rih1

Because Xtina doesn’t release albums every two years like Britney, so it’s kinda awkward that  you would expect Xtina to outsell Britney? brit10 

As for the Op, that’s because Britney’s stats aren’t really anything to gloat about after

2004 brit10 

She hasn’t had a 5 million plus worldwide selling album since ITZ so oprah14 

1 hour ago, havok said:

Are you that ashamed of Xtina that you had to compare her peer to Beyoncé whose solo career started 5 years after both? I see you katy5

But hey that won't change the fact that both Brit and Bey annihilated Xtina and still continue to do so :(

8 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Because Xtina doesn’t release albums every two years like Britney, so it’s kinda awkward that  you would expect Xtina to outsell Britney? brit10 

As for the Op, that’s because Britney’s stats aren’t really anything to gloat about after

2004 brit10 

She hasn’t had a 5 million plus worldwide selling album since ITZ so oprah14 

Compare their 4-5 first albums only and she still annihilates her. Plus, are we gonna pretend Xtina would've pulled Britney's figures had she released albums as often? Gurl stop dreaming, Britney's debut vs Christina's alone is the proof that Xtina would've never been as successful as her hence why their record label's strategy regarding album releases was different for each one. 

1 minute ago, Onyx said:

Are you that ashamed of Xtina that you had to compare her peer to Beyoncé whose solo career started 5 years after both? I see you katy5

But hey that won't change the fact that both Brit and Bey annihilated Xtina and still continue to do so :(

Compare their 4-5 first albums only and she still annihilates her. Plus, are we gonna pretend Xtina would've pulled Britney's figures had she released albums as often? Gurl stop dreaming, Britney's debut vs Christina's alone is the proof that Xtina would've never been as successful as her hence why their record label's strategy regarding album releases was different for each one. 

“Stripped” and “Back To Basics” outsold ITZ and Blackout/Circus, so once again, back to my original point oprah14 

@havok

um2 

I said Beyoncé’s slaying because she’s great. um2 I’m giving Beyonce credit for outperforming Britney since Bey’s solo debut. um2 But it’s  not my fault you don’t want to count their total album sales when comparing “every metric”... I’m merely stating a fact that you can’t change no matter what scope you want to compare. Because your OP claimed Bey annihalates britney since her solo debut, but her overall solo career sales are still 30 million behind britney. So no, it’s not off topic, infact it’s complete on topic. brit4 Also If you had bother to read the #s, britney’s First 6 albums are above 90 million combined, while Beyonce’s Are only above 60 million. brit4 So Don’t use the “more albums” excuse. brit10 

PS What you doing? um2 

28 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

“Stripped” and “Back To Basics” outsold ITZ and Blackout/Circus, so once again, back to my original point oprah14 

ACTUALLY,

Circus is at 7 million CSPC while B2B is only at 6.298 CSPC so. oprah14

Beyonce also outsold Christina - 64.54 mill vs. 50.4 mill sooprah14

BOMT + Oops outsold Christina’s entire discography - 53.9 mill vs. 50.4 mill so. oprah14

Britney’s Total CSPC is almost double Xtina’s Total CSPC So... oprah14

Well didn't Britney release THREE albums before Beyoncé came up with her FIRST one though? oprah14 

So we're comparing a debut to an artist who was going for her fourth album after 3 huge eras, interesting. oprah14 

Beyoncé outlasted her, it's no secret but this "since 2003" argument is tired. Both had different career paths, Britney's career went downhill while Beyoncé always stay cleaned and in the public eye. It's not comparable. oprah14 

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

By the time Stripped dropped Britney had already been through 3 eras and was about to enter her 4th while it was Christina's second. And tbh for a 2nd era her figures were kind of underwhelming, especially as the hype was bigger, Britney's 2nd album was certified diamond and the singles off of it were bigger. Christina did right when she waited so long between each album, I can't imagine the floppage it would've been had she done like Britney eve1

Oh, and B2B didn't outsell Circus, you tried hottie1

5 hours ago, Loose Rap said:

Britney's sales are much bigger than Beyoncé's, Her videos are much more famous, Baby, Oops and Toxic are all bigger than any Beyoncé song, Britney's performances are much more famous and iconic, Britney's life is more known aswell, Britney has had a way bigger peak, Britney has famous outfits, Britney has more global hits, Britney debuted twice at #1 in the US, Britney has had two #1 songs THIS decade. 

Beyoncé is more relevant nowadays, I’ll give you that and she has shown more longevity. 

So you chose to deflect again, how shocking! Let me repeat the question, why has Beyoncé been outselling your fave in both albums and singles, getting more streams and outgrossing her ever since she started her solo career? Can you or can you not answer that very simple question? nat1 

The only sane thing you said was that Britney's peak was bigger, which is true and no one disagreed. The rest of your excuses are bullshit and they haven't prevented Beyoncé from annihilating your untalented fave anyway, why is that? nat2 

4 hours ago, Onyx said:

Will it change the fact that Beyoncé has been obliterating your untalented fave in every single metric there is, ever since 2003? The answer is clearly NO, which is why you're so desperate to deviate the attention to Christina. Beyoncé outdoing the "princess of pop" by such large margins surely has you fuming. eve1 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

@havok

um2 I said Beyoncé’s slaying because she’s great. um2 I’m giving Beyonce credit for outperforming Britney since Bey’s solo debut. um2 But it’s  not my fault you don’t want to count their total album sales when comparing “every metric”... I’m merely stating a fact that you can’t change no matter what scope you want to compare. Because your OP claimed Bey annihalates britney since her solo debut, but her overall solo career sales are still 30 million behind britney. So no, it’s not off topic, infact it’s complete on topic. brit4 Also If you had bother to read the #s, britney’s First 6 albums are above 90 million combined, while Beyonce’s Are only above 60 million. brit4 So Don’t use the “more albums” excuse. brit10 

PS What you doing? um2 

Why would I count them when the topic at hand is their performance SINCE the start of Beyoncé's solo career? That's since 2003, Britney's first 3 albums happened before that date, therefore making them off-topic. um2

Except it's not an excuse, it's known that more releases will get you more sales, especially if those releases happened during the all-time peak of album sales. Anyhow, the discussion is not about who has sold more albums overall (#FunFact Beyoncé has sold more records overall). You want to compare albums with gaps between releases that go from 4.5 to 7 years & ignore the dramatic yearly declines in album sales? Really? nat2 

I'm asking a question expecting answers, but all britards are doing is giving excuses and off-topic rants. I wonder why? nat1 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Britney’s Total CSPC is almost double Xtina’s Total CSPC So... oprah14

Britney has also released twice the amount of albums, so... oprah14

3 hours ago, Michael. said:

Well didn't Britney release THREE albums before Beyoncé came up with her FIRST one though? oprah14 

So we're comparing a debut to an artist who was going for her fourth album after 3 huge eras, interesting. oprah14 

Beyoncé outlasted her, it's no secret but this "since 2003" argument is tired. Both had different career paths, Britney's career went downhill while Beyoncé always stay cleaned and in the public eye. It's not comparable. oprah14 

Okay, so you would rather compare a 1999/2000/2001/2003/2007/2008 album to a 2003/2006/2008/2011/2013/2016 one? nat1 

The gaps between releases go from 4.5 to 8 years. Stop being ridiculous, please.  

1 hour ago, Onyx said:

Oh, and B2B didn't outsell Circus, you tried hottie1

Except it did, BTB sold more copies (albums). nat2 

@havok the receipts already show that since Beyonce began her solo career, she has sold more than britney, and I never denied that. brit10 I like Beyoncé and she deserves her success like I said. But IMO to annihilate Britney would be to oursell her entire discog which she hasn’t done. rih2

Britney’s first two albums outsold xtina’s entire discography so... oprah14 you can’t use the “Omg but more albums!1!” excuse. xtina2

Except Circus CSPC outsold B2B CSPC So... oprah14 receipts show this. oprah14 

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

@havok the receipts already show that since Beyonce began her solo career, she has sold more than britney, and I never denied that. brit10 I like Beyoncé and she deserves her success like I said. But IMO to annihilate Britney would be to oursell her entire discog which she hasn’t done. rih2

Britney’s first two albums outsold xtina’s entire discography so... oprah14 you can’t use the “Omg but more albums!1!” excuse. xtina2

Except Circus CSPC outsold B2B CSPC So... oprah14 receipts show this. oprah14 

Did you even read my response? The topic is Beyoncé annihilating your fave since she went solo, not who has sold more albums overall, that's off-topic. How many times do I need to repeat that before you get it? You already cosigned that Beyoncé has indeed annihilated your fave since 2003, so move on. 

So releasing 3 more albums during the all-time peak of album sales didn't give Brintey an advantage over Beyoncé? YES or NO.xtina2 

You're trying to compare albums that have release-gaps that go from 4.5 to 8 years. Do you really think that it's fairer to compare the sales of a 2008 album to one released in 2016 and completely disregard the massive decline in sales from one year to the other than actually comparing the albums that were released during the exact same market conditions? YES or NO. xtina2 

They are talking about sales not CSPC units, BTB sold more albums. Didn't it?  nat2 Anyhow, this discussion is not about Xtina.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.