Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Satori

Gambino spills tea on racial inequality; shades Gaga

Just now, TattooedHeart said:

He’s actually one of the most talented people in the world, he can do everything, and he’s way more talented than any of the faves sorry1

Did gaga write 3 amazing tv shows and can she improv like a beast? Call me when she does ny1 

Fight me

8 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

He’s actually one of the most talented people in the world, he can do everything, and he’s way more talented than any of the faves sorry1

Did gaga write 3 amazing tv shows and can she improv like a beast? Call me when she does ny1 

Gaga is focused more on music than acting. While for Donald, he’s more into acting, which is what he was known more for than his music, which JUST became critically acclaimed jj4 

Gaga writes, produces, plays instruments, and has directed music cvideos and has been the creative director of her own career. Not only that, in her fame days, she created all of her props and outfits jj4 

He has a great point on white mediocrity, but he failed at it when mentioning Gaga. Especially since Gaga is an ally to the BLM movement and has done so much philanthropy for minorities. Attacking her is just.. Odd. 

12 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

INB4 her horrible Jazzga attempts are cited 

1 minute ago, Kyoteki said:

Gaga is focused more on music than acting. While for Donald, he’s more into acting, which is what he was known more for than his music, which JUST became critically acclaimed jj4 

Gaga writes, produces, plays instruments, and has directed music cvideos and has been the creative director of her own career. Not only that, in her fame days, she created all of her props and outfits jj4 

He has a great point on white mediocrity, but he failed at it when mentioning Gaga. Especially since Gaga is an ally to the BLM movement and has done so much philanthropy for minorities. Attacking her is just.. Odd. 

Donald is also a really talented musician and I’d argue he’s a better songwriter than gaga. His rapping his really funny, he incorporates some of his stand up into it, and she’s not quite as smart as she thinks she is so her songwriting is her weakest point. Popular or not, he’s been killing it his whole life and I’m standing by my statement that he’s one of the most talented people in the world and most people could only dream of being half as good as him at one of the things he’s good at

16 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

Did I question his talent?  No  I said what he said sounded full of himself.  2 totally different remarks

1 minute ago, TattooedHeart said:

Donald is also a really talented musician and I’d argue he’s a better songwriter than gaga. His rapping his really funny, he incorporates some of his stand up into it, and she’s not quite as smart as she thinks she is so her songwriting is her weakest point. Popular or not, he’s been killing it his whole life and I’m standing by my statement that he’s one of the most talented people in the world and most people could only dream of being half as good as him at one of the things he’s good at

This. 

He wasn’t even saying Gaga isn’t talented. He implied that she’s overrated, and she is an example of the industry and audiences being conditioned to prioritize white talent and privilege it and indulge it in a way that black artists are simply not. The point is not that she’s “less talented,” even, it’s that her modicum of talent is recognized WAY before his and those like him. Like___. The Gagasskissing in this thread... *insert unconscious orangutan*

3 minutes ago, TattooedHeart said:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I think the Jazz works well for her cause it showcases her singing aka one of her strongest qualities

No I like her jazz stuff too EXCEPT for her improv moments and the attempts at scat I’m recalling. Her delivery of the main melodic lines on C2C I’m actually very happy with. 

Just now, TattooedHeart said:

Theyre both good songwriters, and Donald Glover is talented. MOST Talented, no because again, his music is his weaker side. except for two albums (Because The Intenret and Awaken).

His mixtapes were trash jj4 

I’m a huge fan of both, but talent is subjective. Some people might not think ur funny, some people will think ur music sucks, etc etc. 

They  both have strengths and weaknesses. Theyre both extremely talented. 

One is not better thsn the other jj4 

Shame on Gambino for using literally out of all people, Gaga for this example. She deserves to be where she is now and worked hard for it. 

9 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

Did I question his talent?  No  I said what he said sounded full of himself.  2 totally different remarks

What I’m saying is him saying he’s really talented is just a self aware statement and I would argue it’s even a bit modest 

1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

OMG I srsl can't understand about who you are talking um2eve1

I thought he was talking about Camila Cabello for one moment orangu1 

He really shade any white hoe that is popular and went to tish

1 hour ago, TattooedHeart said:

Poor Sylk 👏👏👏👏👏

2 hours ago, TattooedHeart said:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I think the Jazz works well for her cause it showcases her singing aka one of her strongest qualities

Lily spilling left and right OMG what a time to be alive

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.