Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Galactic-Tiger

Is David Bowie a musical genius?

Most legendary: David Bowie vs The Rolling Stones  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the better music catalog?

• David Bowie
    • The Rolling Stones
  2. 2. Who is a bigger music genius?

• David Bowie
    • The Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has said that it wouldn’t “bother” him if the band broke up. Speaking about Bowie’s death in 2016, Watts said that he was surprised by the outpouring of grief.

“I thought people would have been very sad obviously, and he was a lovely guy and he wrote a couple of good songs,” Watts explained. “But for me, he wasn’t this musical genius.”

Do you agree?

giphy.gif

Rolling stones imo  

i don't like david bowie there's just something about him like this weird vibe he gives off with his music and personality that freaks me the fuck out idk maybe i'm paranoid or smth

42 minutes ago, petedagrk said:

Honestly, I dont really know his musicdead4

dead4dead4

Look it up bitch! He was the original Rebel <3

3007B74E00000578-3397574-image-a-138_145

here some of his most well-known bops:

The Rolling Stones are so bland and borig in comparison. Only song I like from them is Paint It Black shrug1

13 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

dead4dead4

Look it up bitch! He was the original Rebel <3

3007B74E00000578-3397574-image-a-138_145

here some of his most well-known bops:

The Rolling Stones are so bland and borig in comparison. Only song I like from them is Paint It Black shrug1

hmmmm not really into it sorry

2 hours ago, The One Above All said:

The Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has said that it wouldn’t “bother” him if the band broke up. Speaking about Bowie’s death in 2016, Watts said that he was surprised by the outpouring of grief.

Do you agree?

giphy.gif

why r u pressed when I dont like something?

17 hours ago, The One Above All said:

I respect ur music taste, but not the way you are proud of it. anna1

orly1

If you respect it you wound't downvote him. If someone doesn't know or like music of some artist, doesn't mean he/she expressed a negative opinion. 

Anyway, I checked many albums of Bowie and I didn't like many (at least the 60s and 70s albums). It simply wasn't my cup of tea, but I found bops on certain albums and enjoy more his 80s stuff. oprah14

I don't really know music of The Rolling Stones, but I like a few songs of them that I encountered. 

Genius is a one person, so The Rolling Stones as a band shouldn't even be considered.

The person I find to be a true genius is Kate Bush who does everything by herself (composing, writing, producing...). 

3 hours ago, Nocturn said:

orly1

If you respect it you wound't downvote him. If someone doesn't know or like music of some artist, doesn't mean he/she expressed a negative opinion. 

Anyway, I checked many albums of Bowie and I didn't like many (at least the 60s and 70s albums). It simply wasn't my cup of tea, but I found bops on certain albums and enjoy more his 80s stuff. oprah14

I don't really know music of The Rolling Stones, but I like a few songs of them that I encountered. 

Genius is a one person, so The Rolling Stones as a band shouldn't even be considered.

The person I find to be a true genius is Kate Bush who does everything by herself (composing, writing, producing...). 

If you say so...I didn't know u could read my mind.

You can rephrase my question as: Is it more genius the music of David Bowie or the RS?

Kate Bush isn't my cup of tea, sorry.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.