Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Taylor Swift | Delicate | March 12th, 2018

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Looking at her chart history on the Billboard site, it looks like this is the top 10:

1. Shake It Off - 50 weeks

1. You Belong With Me - 50 weeks

3. Love Story - 49 weeks

4. Teardrops On My Guitar - 48 weeks

5. Blank Space - 36 weeks

5. I Knew You Were Trouble - 36 weeks

7. Style - 32 weeks

8. I can't figure out what song this is so I must be blind jj1

9. Delicate - 27 weeks

9. Wildest Dreams - 27 weeks

Well, 36/37 weeks for Delicate maybe seems like a stretch, but who knows at this point? Also, if Getaway car is getting released, Delicate might be able to sustain a bit. Talking about it, I assume we don't know any new information about Getaway car yet? Maybe it will be around at the AMAs. 

What I really did not know is longevity Teardrops On My Guitar served. Poor Speak Now, no top 10 on this list for its songs ( a shame, especially when even Our Song managed to get into jj1 ). But then again, all songs from Speak Now charted. jj2

On 9/18/2018 at 4:40 AM, Ghostface said:

Well, 36/37 weeks for Delicate maybe seems like a stretch, but who knows at this point? Also, if Getaway car is getting released, Delicate might be able to sustain a bit. Talking about it, I assume we don't know any new information about Getaway car yet? Maybe it will be around at the AMAs. 

What I really did not know is longevity Teardrops On My Guitar served. Poor Speak Now, no top 10 on this list for its songs ( a shame, especially when even Our Song managed to get into jj1 ). But then again, all songs from Speak Now charted. jj2

I expect 32 - 35 weeks for Delicate unless Getaway Car smashes and it helps people recognize Delicate againmad1 Single-wise, Speak Now had all of the tracks charting, 1989 had the hits, Fearless had the longevity, Red had the awards and Reputation has... Delicate and shocking and stunning visuals with a grand tourdemi1

I feel like Getaway Car will be premiered at the AMA'S (otherwise the era is cancelledjj3) and it will break records. I mean we haven't waited seven months for a flop song and  boring videokesha5 Getaway Car MUST hit top 10 at least and have a chartrun of at least 25 weeks so the era could be considered succesfull, and I Did Something Bad could be the next single in December. Don't Blame Me can be like Out Of The Woods but then a lot more succesfull and the tour video must be This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things. I'd be down for thatgaga7

2 hours ago, Littleswiftie said:

I expect 32 - 35 weeks for Delicate unless Getaway Car smashes and it helps people recognize Delicate againmad1 Single-wise, Speak Now had all of the tracks charting, 1989 had the hits, Fearless had the longevity, Red had the awards and Reputation has... Delicate and shocking and stunning visuals with a grand tourdemi1

I feel like Getaway Car will be premiered at the AMA'S (otherwise the era is cancelledjj3) and it will break records. I mean we haven't waited seven months for a flop song and  boring videokesha5 Getaway Car MUST hit top 10 at least and have a chartrun of at least 25 weeks so the era could be considered succesfull, and I Did Something Bad could be the next single in December. Don't Blame Me can be like Out Of The Woods but then a lot more succesfull and the tour video must be This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things. I'd be down for thatgaga7

Well, I agree, expect I don't I Did Something Bad as a single at this point. jj3 This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things is a good ( if not the best ) choice for tour video. Then again, fate of Don't Blame Me as single is questionable as well, but it has at least some chance in comparison to I Did Something Bad. 

On 9/19/2018 at 6:50 PM, Ghostface said:

Well, I agree, expect I don't I Did Something Bad as a single at this point. jj3 This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things is a good ( if not the best ) choice for tour video. Then again, fate of Don't Blame Me as single is questionable as well, but it has at least some chance in comparison to I Did Something Bad. 

Don't Blame Me can have a pretty interesting music video and it will have longevity. The locals will be surprised by it, so will the gp. I Did Something Bad is a hit or miss; it needs a good music video and good promotion strategies. It's like the Bad Blood of Reputation I thinkmad1 It's a dark song so if she doesn't release it somewhere between November - February its chances of being a single are indeed overcry9 It could do better than a lot of swifties expect since it's extremely catchy and it is the most non-streamed track on Reputation (for a reason of coursebey1)

1 minute ago, Littleswiftie said:

Don't Blame Me can have a pretty interesting music video and it will have longevity. The locals will be surprised by it, so will the gp. I Did Something Bad is a hit or miss; it needs a good music video and good promotion strategies. It's like the Bad Blood of Reputation I thinkmad1 It's a dark song so if she doesn't release it somewhere between November - February its chances of being a single are indeed overcry9 It could do better than a lot of swifties expect since it's extremely catchy and it is the most non-streamed track on Reputation (for a reason of coursebey1)

I agree about I Did Something Bad, but it would be much better choice earlier in the era, whereas Don't Blame Me can have cute momentum even now. That being said, Getaway Car seemed and I think was the best choice as of now. bey1

1 minute ago, Ghostface said:

I agree about I Did Something Bad, but it would be much better choice earlier in the era, whereas Don't Blame Me can have cute momentum even now. That being said, Getaway Car seemed and I think was the best choice as of now. bey1

I can somehow see I Did Something Bad being the last single before tour but now it's Getaway Cars time. ...Ready for another 7 months before the next single?tay2

1 minute ago, Littleswiftie said:

I can somehow see I Did Something Bad being the last single before tour but now it's Getaway Cars time. ...Ready for another 7 months before the next single?tay2

I am ready for 7 months to pass and lead single for TS7 then. tay2jj2 But of course, we need that tour video first, so prepare for This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things ( nice things as in I Did Something Bad being a single for example ). 

7 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

I am ready for 7 months to pass and lead single for TS7 then. tay2jj2 But of course, we need that tour video first, so prepare for This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things ( nice things as in I Did Something Bad being a single for example ). 

My autistic mind can't handle only 5 singles, sis usually releases 6 and 1 for tour. At least she has something to do for the last one because it's her occasional businessjj2

6 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

My autistic mind can't handle only 5 singles, sis usually releases 6 and 1 for tour. At least she has something to do for the last one because it's her occasional businessjj2

Well, at least 6 singles are guaranteed at this point if we are considering tour video, which will happenjj2 Also, Delicate still dismissing the idea of free falling is nice. jj2

After 33 weeks, Delicate is at #38 with signs of freefalling but it outweeked Style (32 weeks). It will outweek I Knew You Were Trouble, Our Song and Blank Space (36 weeks). I expect a chartrun of 40 weeks. If that happens, we have to get a new single or the era is officially overari7

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.