Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Bionic Monster

80s queens battle: "Change of Heart" by Cyndi or "Open Your Heart" by Madonna?

The 2 reigning pop girls of the 1980s, Madonna and Cyndi Lauper, both released albums in 1986 (True Blue and True Colors)mad5 and both released cardiac-themed singles that same year (Open Your Heart and Change of Heart)mad5mad5

Anyway, both were big smashes at the time, but which one was the best bop?

Personally, I'm going to have to go with Cyndi because I feel that the song has a better melody and Madonna's video is just really weird and creepy. Idk what she was thinking with that. What is it with her and underage children honestly?brit10 

So, what do you guys think?

I’ve never heard the Cyndi song mad5 and I’d give it a go but I find her voice annoying and to always sound flat so OYH even though I don’t really care for it either. mad4

12 minutes ago, anxiety said:

Didn't COH flop? Both are great, but OYH hits me right there. 

It underperformed WW, but Cyndi was always kinda local. It was a huge top 3 smash in the US, and did well in France, Canada, and Australia as well.

1 hour ago, Bionic Monster said:

The 2 reigning pop girls of the 1980s, Madonna and Cyndi Lauper, both released albums in 1986 (True Blue and True Colors)mad5 and both released cardiac-themed singles that same year (Open Your Heart and Change of Heart)mad5mad5

Anyway, both were big smashes at the time, but which one was the best bop?

Personally, I'm going to have to go with Cyndi because I feel that the song has a better melody and Madonna's video is just really weird and creepy. Idk what she was thinking with that. What is it with her and underage children honestly?brit10 

So, what do you guys think?

The sex book was based on reality tbh starting with thid video

1 hour ago, Satori said:

I’ve never heard the Cyndi song mad5 and I’d give it a go but I find her voice annoying and to always sound flat so OYH even though I don’t really care for it either. mad4

1 hour ago, Hector said:

"Open Your Heart", Cindy just has an annoying voice oprah14

34 minutes ago, Sailor Mars said:

Open Your Heart and I'm not saying this because I'm a Madge stan but OYH has better vocals and far better production.

IMO Cyndi’s voice is more expressive/fun, and she undeniably has the better range and technique, but I guess I can see why some may find it annoyingxtina11

3 hours ago, LG G6 said:

and as you said madonna is a pedophile

No. Mj was a pedophile. Madonna is not. I get that we live in Trump-age but you have no right to spread fake news and you should be ashamed of yourself and your lack of sensitivity on such important social issues like pedophilia. Ur comments literally brings shame not only to pop music but to humankind intelligence in general.

Go fart peas at the moon !!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.