Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Did Beyoncé really change the industry?

What  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Impact

• None
    • Some

I see Bey stans throw this around all the time, not here really cause there’s barely and Beehive here, but on ATRL a lot.

”Her surprise release changed the game! Changed release dates to Friday! She created the visual alberm!”

But did she really?

She was not the first to do surprise release, I believe David Bowie did it before. The changes for release dates wer already in effect before she even released BEYONCÉ. Visual albums have been around since the Beatles. 

It seems the beehive loves giving false credit, like their fave loves stealing credit. I can’t name a single thing Beyoncé has done that has actually influenced or impacted the music industry, and most likely you can’t either. And she’s supposedly been slaying the game for 20 years straight? Even Rihanna has notable influence, and she’s just a singles artists like some try to say. 

Where is it Beyoncé, where is the impact you promised me, where is it! 

1 hour ago, The One Above All said:

no. she's basic AF, her impact is non-existent and her music kinda sucks. bey2

Hide contents

she's way better than Rihanna tho bey2

Both are better than Ariana :) 

She did.  Stans are guilty of hyperbole but what else is new lol. 

Thing is, this sort of conversation is proof alone that she changed the game.  We disagree on to what extent, but anyone who was there for the ST release and Lemonade happening knows it was huge.  No one has yet been able to "pull a Beyonce" as successfully as she has.  That plenty of people try is indication that her move was enviable, and it wouldn't be as significant as it was had she been a no1curr taking a risk like that.  But, even though 4 wasn't a smash, it was a huge thing to do what she did.  That gets old hearing, I'm sure, but why had no one else done it and it worked as well as it did if it were (a) easy or (b) unrisky.

The truth is that people write her off now thought because some of her commercial numbers aren't what they used to be, but that's what happened when you pivot away from writing for radio and write for posterity.  The happy truth for fans is that her material gets better and better, and the template she instigated with ST is still working for her, and probably will for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Satori said:

She did.  Stans are guilty of hyperbole but what else is new lol. 

Thing is, this sort of conversation is proof alone that she changed the game.  We disagree on to what extent, but anyone who was there for the ST release and Lemonade happening knows it was huge.  No one has yet been able to "pull a Beyonce" as successfully as she has.  That plenty of people try is indication that her move was enviable, and it wouldn't be as significant as it was had she been a no1curr taking a risk like that.  But, even though 4 wasn't a smash, it was a huge thing to do what she did.  That gets old hearing, I'm sure, but why had no one else done it and it worked as well as it did if it were (a) easy or (b) unrisky.

The truth is that people write her off now thought because some of her commercial numbers aren't what they used to be, but that's what happened when you pivot away from writing for radio and write for posterity.  The happy truth for fans is that her material gets better and better, and the template she instigated with ST is still working for her, and probably will for the foreseeable future.

Her being questioned is not a sign of her influence, I could question any artist.

I can’t think of any other artists who have done a surprise release, so of course no one did it better. If I remember hello dropped with little promo and that smashed harder than any Beyoncé single so there you go.

4 was not risky, Beyoncé has always made R&B music and continues to do so.

A better example would be Mariah’s transition for Daydream to Butterfly,  90% Pop to R&B heavy with collabs with top rappers, and a new sexual image. 

However, Lemonade was that Alberm and is one of the best albums of pop girls. 

Her surprise release changed the game! Changed release dates to Friday! She created the visual alberm!

Poor her if that's only what people think she changed in music industry.

sha1

Anyone who thinks Beyonce didn't change the game is clearly pressed.

No one invents anything anymore it' all how you use it. No one has successfully done a surprise album like her and to say that the Beatles and bowie did visual albums before is irrelevant. Beyonce is mainstream, she's urban, she's more relevant

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.