Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

KP4LYFE

Is the GP embracing pop again????

so like the past couple years have obvi been disastrous for pure pop music. filled with mumble rappers, weird indie bands, djs, etc basically leaving the good ole days of pop gurls in the dust. BUT are times changing? so first, The Middle is in line with a boppy pop song and could def have been from the pop era around 2007-2013. And now Meghan Trainor's No Excuses is killing it on iTunes and radio and is working on streaming. say what you want about her, but this song is PURE POP and the kind of pop that we've been missing so badly.

is miss meghan going to be the one to begin to really guide us and the gp back to the wonderful world of pop girls????

DISCUSS

I don't see either of them hitting the charts hard. Unfortunately, we're in a streaming era where shitty music is propelled to the top and everything else is sent to the back. 

Nope. US Top 10 at this very moment:

1. God's Plan [Hip-hop]
2. Psycho [Hip-hop]
3. Perfect [Pop]
4. Finesse [Pop/hip-hop crossover]
5. Havana [Pop/hip-hop crossover]
6. Look Alive [Hip-hop]
7. Meant to Be [Country/pop crossover]
8. Rockstar [Hip-hop]
9. Pray For Me [Pop/hip-hop crossover]
10. All the Stars [Pop/hip-hop crossover]

There are only two songs without any hip-hop elements and of those, only one is pure pop. Also, of the sixteen artists who are on these songs, only four are women. Female-driven pop domination is over and hip-hop is taking the charts by storm.

Any discussion of the charts still precludes discussion of pop. oprah14

I'm so sick of these basic bitch wannabe pop girls being cited as the comeback of anything.  Like keep the mediocrity please and let pop hibernate until the legends save it.

3 hours ago, Americunt said:

Nope. US Top 10 at this very moment:

1. God's Plan [Hip-hop]
2. Psycho [Hip-hop]
3. Perfect [Pop]
4. Finesse [Pop/hip-hop crossover]
5. Havana [Pop/hip-hop crossover]
6. Look Alive [Hip-hop]
7. Meant to Be [Country/pop crossover]
8. Rockstar [Hip-hop]
9. Pray For Me [Pop/hip-hop crossover]
10. All the Stars [Pop/hip-hop crossover]

There are only two songs without any hip-hop elements and of those, only one is pure pop. Also, of the sixteen artists who are on these songs, only four are women. Female-driven pop domination is over and hip-hop is taking the charts by storm.

All the Stars is a hip-hop/pop crossover, not a pop/hip-hop crossover. If you check the charts that shit already be way up high on Urban, but it’s just starting at pop. 

Meant to Be is a Pop-country crossover.

Finesse is a Rhythmic-pop-Urban crossover 

13 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

All the Stars is a hip-hop/pop crossover, not a pop/hip-hop crossover. If you check the charts that shit already be way up high on Urban, but it’s just starting at pop. 

Meant to Be is a Pop-country crossover.

Finesse is a Rhythmic-pop-Urban crossover 

I'm talking genre-wise, not chart-wise.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.