Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Satori

What kind of 'Kiss Me Once' fan are you? :->

What kind of 'Kiss Me Once' fan are you? :->  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Describe all your luvin' for Kylie's divisive last klassic:

• We stan it cover to cover b/c it's flawless as is! (delulu option)
    • We stan it in pieces! Gimme dem bops Mr. President and Skirrrrrrrt and Les Sex/ercize (hoe option)
    • We stat it in pieces! Give me them lurv songs Kiss Me Once and Sleeping with the Enemy kween of emotions! (tasteful option)
    • Into the Blue > careers; most of the rest can delete it fat (not-in-denial option)
    • Into the Blue sux (delulu option, part 2)
    • It ain't perfect but it's a cute album and gets too much hate and has some great moments! (vanilla option)
    • Kyllaphrodite outsold!!!!1! (lowkey tea option)
    • I'd rather listen to Selena Gomez than this trash tbh (seek help option)

FCEfFZL.jpg

I'm a revisionist addict who was hugely let down by this album when it came out jj4 but have slowly but surely become addicted to a fragmented version of it.  Because Kylie keeps me koming bak.  Always.  aretha1 I can't stand the original's running order and a good half-dozen of the tracklist, but in revising it I came up with this and stan it hardcore now jj2:

1. Million Miles giveup1 This song is actual life.
  2. Fine
  3. Skirt iggy1 kween of EDM
  4. Mr. President cry6
  5. Sparks
  6. If Only
  7. Crystallize cry4 
  8. Feels So Good cry0 > careers
  9. Kiss Me Once
  10. Sleeping with the Enemy ahs1 One of her most beautiful songs ever.
  11. Beautiful scream2 fight me.  Song is gorgeous by the end.  One of two known instances of auto-tune that actually work.
  12. Into the Blue oprah13 better than sex basically

Error 404 Bonus Disc Tracks (ranked from least to most cringe):

1. Les Sex oprah3 the verses sound like a nursery rhyme...
  2. Sexercize sass1 Cute for a tour montage/interlude but how did this be considered a fully-developed song sia5 let alone make the tracklist over better bops like Skirt sia5 LET ALONE become an actual single sia5
  3. I Was Gonna Cancel rav1 It's low-key good but such a mess production-wise.  It feels like a demo.

<farm phresh feces>

4.  Golden Boy

<rotten eggs>

5.  Sexy Love

2 hours ago, ajp said:

Did I buy the same album as you? brit14

if you bought the US standard, then yes mad1

2 hours ago, Kuba said:

what is this eggs are sides slander scream2

nat1 I bop to it but Kylie serves better. It still feels like a novelty track that was meant to go viral or something. Idk I think normally her instincts are more on point then to have a song like this...

2 minutes ago, Body Language said:

Not me being a delulu

The OP was all in good fun there’s no such thing as a delulu Kylie fan, specially you, Legendan jj2 I’m glad people like the album and I was the exception. 

7 minutes ago, Satori said:

The OP was all in good fun there’s no such thing as a delulu Kylie fan, specially you, Legendan jj2 I’m glad people like the album and I was the exception. 

cry7

No Kylie fan is tasteless because bc they have made the decision to let the GODDESS of POP into their lives!!

Just now, Body Language said:

cry7

No Kylie fan is tasteless because bc they have made the decision to let the GODDESS of POP into their lives!!

oprah14 Right? We all been concur on the most important factor ever sistren1

I wonder if my opinion on KMO will change when Golden comes out? um1

I liked the album when it came out in 2013 but it dated itself quickly... In a month I wonder if I'll be like, Wig Kylie did That on KMO! ny1

4 hours ago, ajp said:

I wonder if my opinion on KMO will change when Golden comes out? um1

I liked the album when it came out in 2013 but it dated itself quickly... In a month I wonder if I'll be like, Wig Kylie did That on KMO! ny1

Messing around with the track list worked wonders. I was able to appreciate the songs a bit more without being annoyed at the arrangement and realized I liked a majority of them. 

2 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Was going to click the hoe option but I also stan Sleeping With the Enemy and If Only jj2

So vanilla it is kylie1

tbh tho, if you skip boke-iful the whole thing is cute jay1

I lowkey agree and yet I feel like the ones I put on the bonus disc are cute whereas the ones I kept are Kylie-level superior pop. She sets the bar so high sometimes it makes me judge a bit harshly I guess. 

And Sleeping with the Enemy YASS antm1

2 hours ago, Lachlan said:

I Was Gonna Cancel hate can CEASE. oprah14 

1 hour ago, Body Language said:

Ive found my category! Its one of her best 10s songs oprah14

The “Into the Blue sux” option can = “I Was Gonna Delete outsold!!1” sha1

I mean, about half of the songs are listenable and low-standard bops. It's just a little under the bar as an album.

I would say Into The Blue and I Was Gonna Cancel are the only two exceptional songs. And even that isn't saying much.

10 hours ago, JustHereForX said:

the delulu option is the correct one, sorry

the only fat track is Beautiful cry9

same, i dont really even get the fan hate for it cos its very kylie album afterall fall6

for me it came it in perfect time cos i was in really bad place then and it literally picked me up, so it will always be special for me oprah14

Into The Blue, I was gonna, sparks, fine, feels so good, if only are masterpices cry6

+ les sex, sexercize, skirt&timebomb even(as from this era) are awesome

the only two tracks i usually skip are beautiful and sexy love nat1

also the demos are great! waiting 4 the sun!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.