Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Blind Item: Gargoyle shows her disgusting self during recording session for ”A Star Has Flopped“

On 3/11/2018 at 7:05 AM, Yzma said:

Four For Friday - Justice For A Friend

This is from a friend of mine who wanted to get a little justice for someone. So, because he can tell it best, I only did a little light editing.

My old friend and long time collaborator #1 is a multiple Grammy winning producer in Nashville.  He wanted to get into working on music for films and television. His first and to my knowledge only gig like this (because of his horrible experience) was to be the music producer and supervisor (of original music) for #2 (an upcoming reboot).

Early on the process went great. He was very excited. Probably more excited than I had ever heard him. He was in regular contact with #3 (A+ list mostly movie actor), who during this part of the experience was very excited about the direction he was taking the music for the project. #1 enlisted many of his top tier friends and collaborators to write songs for the film. He even brought in an older gentleman, a songwriting legend from days gone by named #4. #1 hand picked one of his unsung songs from the 70’s to be a song featured in the movie. A beautiful song. #4 had lost his only son years back and had basically sold all his guitars and, in his sadness, had stepped out of music almost all together. #1 had been a new friend who had given #4 some hope and a new, pure start.

Anyways as time drew near for #1 to go to LA to begin tracking for the soundtrack, things seemed brighter and brighter. It seemed as if the music for this film was going to be top notch and really authentic.

#1 brought the band he uses to LA to record these songs that he’d curated for the album and this is where he met #5 (A/A- list singer). From the moment it began, #5 was unstable. Apparently she was claiming sobriety but gave off the vibe of someone who was still on the sauce and more.  Anyways, she’s there in the studio with #1 and his band who have worked for months to make this a reality. Now mind you, #3 has been on board with #1’s vision from day one and has been excited for where it is all going.

The minute they get in the studio #5 immediately is telling #1 that “nobody buys records with live drums on them” and is, at every turn, attempting to undermine #1’s role in all of this. #1 is a sensitive guy. He’s also not one to fight. So often when battled, he will just take a step back. But in this case he wanted to stand by his vision which everyone from the studio to #3 had been on board with.

#5 also had her boyfriend there. I won’t name him because he is someone that I consider a friend, but we aren’t really that close. Fair weather friend at times I believe. But our families are tied together closely so I won’t name him here but I’m sure you can figure it out.

Anyways, at every turn, she would turn to him and, despite his previous stances, he would always defer to her. #3 also did the same thing when face-to-face with her ire.

She would speak to the engineers and #1’s assembled band and assistant like slaves. Really rude type s**t. And if someone wasn’t paying attention, she would drop something and bend over (in the short dress she was wearing) revealing that she was not wearing any underwear. This would happen multiple times throughout the day and evening.

Then any time someone would disagree with her and agree with #1, she would burst into aggressive tears and claim misogyny, “that the world only listens to men and women don’t have a voice”.

Needless to say, nothing ever came of the session and #1 went home frustrated and disappointed.

Once #1 returned to Nashville he had calls with the movie studio and #3 and they agreed to let #1 cut the songs in Nashville with placeholder vocals in place. It is important to mention as well that #1 had arranged for the great players who he uses a lot to be in the film. All that paperwork had been done and it was the plan.

He cut some tracks and they were fantastic, including the #4 track. He sent them all to the studio and they, as well as #3 again loved it.

What happened next? #5 told the studio she was out unless her boyfriend and his band were in the film instead of #1’s band. Once they agreed to that, she and her boyfriend went and recorded all the songs over (including the #4 song). She once again played the “it’s my way or the highway card on this”. #1 was quietly excommunicated from the project and her tracks and her man’s band was used.

The real kicker? Her and her man took writing credit on poor old #4’s song.

There is a positive note to the original LA story. After the session was over and #5 and everyone but #1 and the band were gone, #6 (permanent A lister who has been in one A+ list group and one A++ list group), who had been next door recording, walked in with two giant bottles of whiskey and said “sounds like you guys need some relief” and poured them all drinks and took them all driving in his ultra fast Tesla. I gained some respect for him that day. But lost all from #5. 

Reveal:
#1 - Multiple Grammy winning producer in Nashville: Dave Cobb
#2 - An upcoming reboot: "A Star Is Born"
#3 - A+ list mostly movie actor: Bradley Cooper
#4 - Older gentleman, a songwriting legend from days gone: Billy Joe Shaver(son Eddy Shaver)
#5 - A/A- list singer/boyfriend: Lady Gaga/Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real (not sure if a boyfriend, but probably sleeping with him)
#6 -Permanent A lister who has been in one A+ list group and one A++ list group:Dave Grohl ("Nirvana" and "Foo Fighters")

This still sounds believable. oprah14 

and it was hilarious as fuck! lmfao2 Notice how Dave Cobb is barely involved but Mark Ronson, Lukas Nelson, Mark Ronson and DJ White Shit are heavily involved.

This is most likely true. ny4 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:19 AM, Bionic Monster said:

Kind of like Vadgedonna running to Evita after two consecutive underperforming eras? Except in her case, both the movie and the soundtrack received mediocre reviews at best, while ASIB has been praised almost unanimouslylmfao2 Go stream Champagne Rosemad13

Different career dynamics, Madonna was almost always simultaneously working on a movie project on the side, she didn't specifically run to Evita, nor did she ever calculatedly began transitioning to a more "relatable" Pop star image on a clear choreographed campaign. Gaga is slowly but surely making the transition to "Lady" while still using flashes of "Gaga" (which she realized doesn't work anymore, on top of not being able to withstand her own artistic career's philosophy) to appear different and more interesting than her peers but more importantly for the sake of her fanbase not falling apart. I'm not saying that should upset fans or anything, but for someone who actually gave a fuck about what she had to say and paid careful attention to her artistic progress and evolution, like me, it's a disappointing turn of events. 

The Gaga that communicated in a sort of a "meta" way and wanted to impact the momentum / atmosphere of Pop culture and defy the industry game is dead now and has been for years and is now replaced by her own shell that consciously and actively participates in the Hollywood game herself (although she's giving the impression that she's not, see, that's her genius) - now you might agree with that and regardless still enjoy her projects, which I'm fine with and support. I'm at that state myself basically, but she gave up on the vision, she betrayed way too many artistic principles that she set and she became the type of Pop star that she herself warned us about in 08-09. She's smart and I'll hand her that, her career transitions have been mostly interesting and fascinating to keep up with but I don't want to ameliorate what she does now as something admirable or artistic. Again, as someone who paid attention to pretty much every detail in her career, her motives are transparent. 

I'll go stream Madonna's universally acclaimed albums, a feat Gaga has yet to achieve, thank you very much.

34 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Different career dynamics, Madonna was almost always simultaneously working on a movie project on the side, she didn't specifically run to Evita, nor did she ever calculatedly began transitioning to a more "relatable" Pop star image on a clear choreographed campaign. Gaga is slowly but surely making the transition to "Lady" while still using flashes of "Gaga" (which she realized doesn't work anymore, on top of not being able to withstand her own artistic career's philosophy) to appear different and more interesting than her peers but more importantly for the sake of her fanbase not falling apart. I'm not saying that should upset fans or anything, but for someone who actually gave a fuck about what she had to say and paid careful attention to her artistic progress and evolution, like me, it's a disappointing turn of events. 

The Gaga that communicated in a sort of a "meta" way and wanted to impact the momentum / atmosphere of Pop culture and defy the industry game is dead now and has been for years and is now replaced by her own shell that consciously and actively participates in the Hollywood game herself (although she's giving the impression that she's not, see, that's her genius) - now you might agree with that and regardless still enjoy her projects, which I'm fine with and support. I'm at that state myself basically, but she gave up on the vision, she betrayed way too many artistic principles that she set and she became the type of Pop star that she herself warned us about in 08-09. She's smart and I'll hand her that, her career transitions have been mostly interesting and fascinating to keep up with but I don't want to ameliorate what she does now as something admirable or artistic. Again, as someone who paid attention to pretty much every detail in her career, her motives are transparent. 

I'll go stream Madonna's universally acclaimed albums, a feat Gaga has yet to achieve, thank you very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSJzPMqLFQ&t=66s

"Look guys I'm holding a baby and making R&B ballads I'm safe now!!!1111! Buy my album and make me relevant again pls!"

39 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSJzPMqLFQ&t=66s

"Look guys I'm holding a baby and making R&B ballads I'm safe now!!!1111! Buy my album and make me relevant again pls!"

Smh. 

I do think Bedtime Stories was a disappointing album after Erotica, but that's also the same year her infamous Letterman interview was aired, the same year she hosted that ultra gay album release party on MTV (you know, when she told her fans to shut the fuck up for interrupting her on TV), the same year she released Human Nature and the title track. There was nothing poised and calculated about her image, (like, let's say, repeating the same rehearsed lines 50 times an interview) despite the release of Something To Remember, which at least was done on her terms and sparked a new trend on the industry and not vice versa which is Gaga's case. And you could count on her to release her most experimental work of her career the year after (as if any other Pop star would go full on Kaballah mode on the industry and expect to be taken seriously) followed by a completely new show, she was still evolving and was still a factor of statements, artistic concepts and visions, which requires risks to be taken (you'd know since you saw how that turned against your own fave post 2011), she didn't run to encapsulate her career in a Vegas residency (again, back to having nothing to say).

I'm not even talking about wanting to redeem your relationship with the public, it's about the sacrifice you're willing to make and how you achieve that. 

Spoiler

I'm at that state myself basically, but she gave up on the vision, she betrayed way too many artistic principles that she set and she became the type of Pop star that she herself warned us about in 08-09.

Like what @Jjang

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

Smh. 

I do think Bedtime Stories was a disappointing album after Erotica, but that's also the same year her infamous Letterman interview was aired, the same year she hosted that ultra gay album release party on MTV (you know, when she told her fans to shut the fuck up for interrupting her on TV), the same year she released Human Nature and the title track. There was nothing poised and calculated about her image, (like, let's say, repeating the same rehearsed lines 50 times an interview) despite the release of Something To Remember, which at least was done on her terms and sparked a new trend on the industry and not vice versa which is Gaga's case. And you could count on her to release her most experimental work of her career the year after (as if any other Pop star would go full on Kaballah mode on the industry and expect to be taken seriously) followed by a completely new show, she was still evolving and was still a factor of statements, artistic concepts and visions, which requires risks to be taken (you'd know since you saw how that turned against your own fave post 2011), she didn't run to encapsulate her career in a Vegas residency (again, back to having nothing to say).

I'm not even talking about wanting to redeem your relationship with the public, it's about the sacrifice you're willing to make and how you achieve that. 

Madonna had to resort to RnB and AC to have half the relevancy of Whitney or Mariah. Why you vindicating much? I grew up during those years when she was certainly not cool.

11 hours ago, HninSi said:

Madonna had to resort to RnB and AC to have half the relevancy of Whitney or Mariah. Why you vindicating much? I grew up during those years when she was certainly not cool.

Same. She was always so compelling to me as a small gay boy in the mid-90's but she wasn't in at that time. Not again till RoL. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.