Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

Billboard: Taylor Channels Britney and Sia in Delicate Music Video

For Taylor Swift, being famous is a "Delicate" situation.

After winning female artist of the year at the 2018 iHeartRadio Music Awards, Swift premiered the "Delicate" video.

The clip features the singer in several situations -- in an interview on a red carpet, surrounded by fans, flanked by bodyguards, and alone in a hotel room making funny faces -- clearly disturbed by her fame, calling back to Britney Spears' "Lucky."

Then suddenly Swift is channeling Sia protege Maddie Ziegler, dancing around the hotel while other patrons and workers are oblivious. She also moves her act into the subway and onto the rainy streets.

This is the fourth video from Swift's Reputation, following "Look What You Made Me Do," "... Ready For It?" and "End Game."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8240368/taylor-swift-delicate-video-watch

This isn’t battlegrounds, so keep your bitter shade to yourself. jj2 

I can sort of see them thinking that BUT Britney didn’t really dance in the Lucky video (iirc...?) and so the Sia comparison makes sense BUT Sia had a dancer standing in for her. This, with it being Taylor, to me is a little more genuine than either of those examples. It feels a little like a foil for Shake It Off tbh, but I like it better because it doesn’t have some of that video’s problems. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.