Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Is Mariah the most original pop girl?

She has never chased trends in the entirety of her career, at least not willingly. Tommy may have made her do pop ballads like everyone else, but since Butterfly she has been making the music she likes. She was always into the urban scene, and has been making the hip hop/R&B she’s loved for more than 24 years. Even now she doesn’t chase the trends of rent a rappers because she started it, she has never chased the pop trend that was so prevalent in 2010-2013. I love my original fave, and her spiritual offspring Rihanna is following in her legendary footsteps by carving her own path in the maze.

Ironically, Madonna has always chased trends and she has been mostly successful with them. She’s chased pop, did a little cute false epiphany with ROL, and has tried chasing the urban era with Bitch I’m Madonna, however know one checks for her anymore. Conicidentally, her spiritual child Beyoncé has also been chasing trends and been fake woke for clout. See Lemonade.

ironic that both are still lessers and irrelevant compared to their peers, Rihanna and Mariah. 

I can’t agree re Madonna but I do agree that Mariah has some mad originality. She can’t be faulted for the AC ballad thing when she lowkey invented it. clap3And she’s one of the most distinctive lyricists, like, ever clap4. I wish I were been knew I was that loquacious. creep1 

Her transition from adult contemporary/pop to hip hop in mid-late 90s was definetly a trendsetter that kinda reshaped the way the industry packages a pop singer (Ariana)

She also opened a new market for pop Xmas albums and again many labels took notice 

10 hours ago, ScatsusGifsallah said:

Even now she doesn’t chase the trends of rent a rappers because she started it

not when this shit flopped for filth lmao

27 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

not when this shit flopped for filth lmao

??? I said she started the trend of rent a rappers and has been doing it since, every album she’s released since Butterfly has had a collab with at least one rapper. Thank you for proving my point 

1 hour ago, ScatsusGifsallah said:

??? I said she started the trend of rent a rappers and has been doing it since, every album she’s released since Butterfly has had a collab with at least one rapper. Thank you for proving my point 

And my point was that because she's chasing a trend she allegedly set and it's not working for her anymore, then maybe it's time to "start" something else? eve1

She's not setting any trends, she ain't setting shit - I mean how can she when majority of her albums sound the same lol. Her new album is gonna sell around 60k copies first week in States (definitely won't cross 100k). Kinda sad for a trendsetter, isn't it? sorry1 Madonna literally reinvented disco with her critically acclaimed COADF what are you even talking about in the OP lol

Madonna = queen of hard work, queen of reinvention, serving different things each era from visuals to experiments with other genres. I would like to see Mariah pulling Ray Of Light or American Life but it won't happen cause she's serving same stale shit and you better sit down cause this audacity and delusion ain't cute eve1

1 hour ago, P.O.P said:

Um, Kylie?

I was literally about to say Fever says hi lmfao2 Glitter came out in 2001 too and that was Disco as well i- 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.