Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mariah's 19 #1s

Would You're Mine (Eternal) have been a better lead single?

You're mine (eternal) is the best song single or otherwise on the album, it should have been the lead single.

Although we do love a x2 platinum lead single, #beautiful did deliver yes but i feel as though You're Mine (Eternal) given the same promo that comes with a lead single would have done better

IMO no; Beautiful was the perfect song and should have gone #1; that it did despite the album having the rollout it did says a lot about how strong the song was and I think it works beautifully in the sequence of Mariah lead singles post-Emancipation.  I remember the first time I heard it and being blown away that she'd found essentially the perfect summer song.  It had the feel-good bop quality that "Touch My Body" did but an even better melody, in some ways, that got people to sing along the way her classics always do.

MIAM just has too many strong single material songs and even though I do think YM(E) would've made a good single I think early on not so much, #Beautiful was an excellent choice for lead, YM(E) would've worked at towards the end of a good single run. However, I think it was very cute how she was marketing it as a valentines song! 

On 3/14/2018 at 8:49 AM, Sylk said:

MIAM just has too many strong single material songs and even though I do think YM(E) would've made a good single I think early on not so much, #Beautiful was an excellent choice for lead, YM(E) would've worked at towards the end of a good single run. However, I think it was very cute how she was marketing it as a valentines song! 

Queen of holidays tbh she wanted that additional perennial radio monstah 

21 minutes ago, Satori said:

Queen of holidays tbh she wanted that additional perennial radio monstah 

Christmas: check

New Years: check

Halloween: 

Valentines:

St Patrick Day: 

5 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Christmas: check

New Years: check

Halloween: 

Valentines:

St Patrick Day: 

Christmas:  moo5 we been knew

New Years:  moo5 we been knew

Halloween:  *insert J.Lo cover* moo1

Valentine's:  "You're Mine"

St. Patrick's Day:  "Obsessed" moo5 (because obsessed is about jealousy which is green you know lyk "green with envy" like the shamrocks on St. Paddy's day; also ha stalker worshiped her so it works as a religious holiday song tew) moo1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.