Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Alvarø

M14 is cancelled | She's directing a new movie

Jk but if she goes full-time on this, forget about a 360° promo campaign for the new album. fall9

https://t.co/gZ0FEe2ODm?amp=1

Madonna Set to Direct Film Adaptation of Michaela Deprince's Memoir 'Taking Flight'

madonna-sept-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Madonna launches MDNA SKIN collection at Barneys New York on Sept. 26, 2017 in New York City.
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for MDNA SKIN
3/13/2018 by Stephen Daw  

Madonna was announced on Tuesday as the director for the upcoming MGM film Taking Flight, a movie based on ballet dancer Michaela Deprince’s memoir Taking Flight: From War Orphan to Star Ballerina.

The plot centers around Deprince, who spent her childhood as an orphan in war-torn Sierra Leone, only to be adopted and taken to the United States, where she later rose to prominence as a world-famous ballerina. The film’s screenplay will be adapted by Camilla Blackett, known for her work on the television shows Fresh Off the Boat and New Girl.

The “Material Girl” singer has some experience in the directing field -- she made her debut as a director on 2008 British dramedy Filth and Wisdom, and later directed historical romance W.E. in 2011. Madonna also has a number of upcoming projects, including an adaptation of the Sean Greer novel The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells.

“Michaela’s journey resonated with me deeply as both an artist and an activist who understands adversity,” Madonna says in an exclusive statement. “We have a unique opportunity to shed light on Sierra Leone and let Michaela be the voice for all the orphaned children she grew up beside. I am honored to bring her story to life.”

This is one of a number of projects in the works at MGM currently being helmed by female directors. Other upcoming female-led films from the studio include The Sun is Also A Star, directed by Ry Russo Young, and a remake of the '80s teen romance Valley Girl, directed by Rachel Lee Goldenberg.

“We could not be more thrilled that Madonna will bring this remarkable story to the big screen,” says MGM president Jonathan Glickman. “There is no director better suited to tell Michaela’s journey with passion and sensitivity, and we cannot wait to bring this film to audiences all around the world.”

44 minutes ago, Rebel Bitch said:

I am disgusted.

Madonna:  "I have nawt forgotten what Goddess put me on this earth to do!!!1! Hennies the alberm is cuming! *insert 592 unrelated emoji*"

Us:  mad12

2 minutes ago, Nenifir said:

Gross, pls no.

don't care about her movies, I only want good music and good music videos. 

Get ready for another Miles Away ''official'' video eve1 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:04 PM, Satori said:

Madonna:  "I have nawt forgotten what Goddess put me on this earth to do!!!1! Hennies the alberm is cuming! *insert 592 unrelated emoji*"

Us:  mad12

Why is this so accurate?! lmfao2lmfao2 

18 hours ago, The One Above All said:

Why she always chooses such boring plots? I hope the special effects would be nice at least fall9

She should stop directing and get a role in a thriller/horror movie as the villain.

Imagine her playing a badass witch, she would fit the role perfectly fall9

5 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

She should stop directing and get a role in a thriller/horror movie as the villain.

Imagine her playing a badass witch, she would fit the role perfectly fall9

I would love to see her as Yzma in an Emperor's New Groove live action.

But I don't know if she can make fun of herself at that point. lol1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.