Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Kesha recording new music, teases new song

4 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

*Her contract with RCA/Kemosabe. Dr. Luke isn‘t part of it since he neither works for Sony, nor Kemosabe anymore. 

i thought she is still with him but idk everything i get it mixed up sometimes

6 hours ago, LuranusLur said:

i thought she is still with him but idk everything i get it mixed up sometimes

No, Kesha has a six-album contract with RCA and Kemosabe. Because Kemosabe was founded by Dr. Luke and he was the boss of that label, he had the full control over Kesha's career. But Sony did not renew his contract beyond April 2017, which means that he is no longer the head of Kemosabe since then and has no control over Kesha's career anymore consequently.

5 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

No, Kesha has a six-album contract with RCA and Kemosabe. Because Kemosabe was founded by Dr. Luke and he was the boss of that label, he had the full control over Kesha's career. But Sony did not renew his contract beyond April 2017, which means that he is no longer the head of Kemosabe since then and has no control over Kesha's career anymore consequently.

Good! cheer1

On 3/17/2018 at 11:19 AM, TomTom2288 said:

all this time i thought he was still in the picture somewhere cry9 

On 3/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, Dan said:

Yeah I thought Rainbow was a good balance cry4 

I'd like more Warrior-styled songs - like Dirty Love, Machine Gun Love and Gold Trans Am on the next record - mixed with a bit of this sound. 

On 3/16/2018 at 5:52 PM, TomTom2288 said:

I'm sure K4 will have more rock songs since this is what she always wanted to do.

Gold Trans Am is still THAT song btw cry6

all this love for her rock oriented songs cry0  

On 3/17/2018 at 12:26 AM, Masaaku said:

Perched for Unicorn EP then a re-release of Rainbow called Rainbow + Unicorn (... Deluxeny1)

a la Ellie Goulding ny1 

37 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

all this time i thought he was still in the picture somewhere cry9 

Really? jj4

No, Sony FIRED him and now he is OVER oprah14

Sony not renewing his contract and removing him from Kemosabe is the only reason Rainbow even got released! laughcry1

27 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Really? jj4

Sony not renewing his contract and removing him from Kemosabe is the only reason Rainbow even got released! laughcry1

cry9 

On 3/19/2018 at 6:55 AM, TomTom2288 said:

Really? jj4

But I thought she was still contracted to Luke regardless? Like is he still making money off her?

7 hours ago, calethewhalee said:

But I thought she was still contracted to Luke regardless? Like is he still making money off her?

Yes, but he has no creative control over her anymore. She has no contract with him personally though, it has always been with RCA/Kemosabe. We still don't know 100% whether he really makes money off her. It's possible, but that was never confirmed or denied by Kesha or her lawyers and he also spread lies about her in the past.

On 3/21/2018 at 2:10 AM, calethewhalee said:

if she is still contracted well dont contracts eventually come to an end.

51 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Its because she originally signed with Dr. Luke (Cash Money Records) not Kemosabe. I still don't really understand it but I think they are still affiliated unfortunately. 

When should that have been? Because the only known contracts Kesha had were with RCA/Kemosabe and previously DAS Communications Inc. I highly doubt that she has any personal contracts with Dr. Luke. If so, it has at least never been made public.

On 3/22/2018 at 11:15 PM, TomTom2288 said:

When should that have been? Because the only known contracts Kesha had were with RCA/Kemosabe and previously DAS Communications Inc. I highly doubt that she has any personal contracts with Dr. Luke. If so, it has at least never been made public.

September 26th 2005 with Kasz Money Inc

Do your homework moo1

22 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:

September 26th 2005 with Kasz Money Inc

Do your homework moo1

That didn't even get mentioned on her Wikipedia jj4

It's a production company for Dr. Luke. It's a bit odd to think that Sony would fire Dr. Luke from Kemosabe, so that he has no control over Kesha as producer or label manager anymore, but still rely on money from his production company for the album. Rainbow does not appear in this list either: https://www.discogs.com/label/281872-Kasz-Money-Productions-Inc

I can hardly imagine that this contract is still active since it would not make much sense and I don't believe that this is the reason Dr. Luke still profits off of Rainbow consequently, assuming that he really does and it isn't a lie.

49 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

That didn't even get mentioned on her Wikipedia jj4

It's a production company for Dr. Luke. It's a bit odd to think that Sony would fire Dr. Luke from Kemosabe, so that he has no control over Kesha as producer or label manager anymore, but still rely on money from his production company for the album. Rainbow does not appear in this list either: https://www.discogs.com/label/281872-Kasz-Money-Productions-Inc

I can hardly imagine that this contract is still active since it would not make much sense and I don't believe that this is the reason Dr. Luke still profits off of Rainbow consequently, assuming that he really does and it isn't a lie.

This contract IS the infamous contract...during the years there have been a few amendments mostly to renegotiate some parts about royalties. Then there have been contracts between other parties about distribution and other stuff but the recording agreement is basically between her and him. Source: lawsuit files dead2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.